WEST V Sturt

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WEST V Sturt

Post by redandblack on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:05 am

The coach is the person in charge of how we play. Nobody else.

As for nothing changing, plenty is changing and will change. The 'people in charge' put $300K of their own money in, according to the last AGM, so I think they're doing everything they can to see us succeed.

Did you raise your concerns at the last, or any, AGM?

Perhaps you could volunteer to help?

Perhaps you could have a chat to the coach and give him your theories?

Maybe there's not much difference between what we all think, ST, but I'm a volunteer and think that all the coaches, players, volunteers, staff and Board Members have the good of the club at heart and put in huge hours to do their best to help the club.

I have no problem with different opinions about how we play, but let's keep away from reflections on those at the club who put in.

Apart from complying with site rules, isn't that a good thing to aim for?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 am

Any how the blues by plenty.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:37 am

For now we can just pray for that key forward and the quick midfielders. All three are coming with that big gun ruckman. Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Sturt only beat the bays by 2 goals so it should be close.

West by 3 goals. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Second Team

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:21 pm

bundy wrote:Any how the blues by plenty.

What are you saying  scratch 
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Blues by heaps then
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 am

Really interetsting discussion ST & R&B.

R&B...got to admire your determination to support the Footy Dept. So I take it your solution is to wait until the end of the season and try to recruit our way to improved results?
ST....I agree with you in part. I'm not sure if the fate of the club will be determined by whether we play one extra in defence but something is not right and something needs to change in a hurry.

We can have quality midfielders and key forwards and stick to ST's proposed game plan of attacking direct movement BUT IF WE CAN NOT KEEP THE PLAYERS MOTIVATED TO GIVE A 100% EFFORT EVERY QUARTER WE WILL BE SCREWED ANYWAY!!!!

Expect either Sturt will win by up to 7 goals or Bloods by 2 goals depending on whether MM can motivate the team for a 4 quarter effort!!!!
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 am

billrobs1 wrote:Really interetsting discussion ST & R&B.

R&B...got to admire your determination to support the Footy Dept. So I take it your solution is to wait until the end of the season and try to recruit our way to improved results?
ST....I agree with you in part. I'm not sure if the fate of the club will be determined by whether we play one extra in defence but something is not right and something needs to change in a hurry.

We can have quality midfielders and key forwards and stick to ST's proposed game plan of attacking direct movement BUT IF WE CAN NOT KEEP THE PLAYERS MOTIVATED TO GIVE A 100% EFFORT EVERY QUARTER WE WILL BE SCREWED ANYWAY!!!!

Expect either Sturt will win by up to 7 goals or Bloods by 2 goals depending on whether MM can motivate the team for a 4 quarter effort!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 am

In the highlights package of last weeks game against the crows we see Harts kicks it to Stevens who kicks it to Webby who handballs to Fish who kicks a goal. Fast exciting football. Then in the marks highlights package we see what the forwards have to put up with normally. Webby competes against 20 players for a mark. Quick ball movement at all cost this week is what we need please. Having one less in the forwardlines is not so bad when we move it quickly. Ten kicks out of defense kills us.Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3aMFoK00I&feature=player_detailpage
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks billrobs.

Perhaps I can give you my reasons for the position I take.

First, I'm a West supporter since a young boy and that's a long time ago. (like many of us  Very Happy  )

I start from the basis that there are no easy fixes to where we're at right now and it's the same for a lot of clubs. I don't actually think we can recruit our way to success, but it is a very important part of laying the groundwork for success.

I support not just the Footy Dept, but the whole club, from Admin to Board, to coaches, players and volunteers. As a volunteer, I don't think it's appropriate to be anything but loyal, otherwise there's no point being a volunteer.

That's not to say they're always right. of course. That's why having a say on a forum like this is important and one of the major reasons I originally started our fans' forum years ago.

In all of us having a say, though, I'm not rapt in criticism that is just constantly negative, without something constructive being offered. On the other hand, very little, if anything, put on here is censored in any way, which is as it should be.

As for Westies, I see a situation where a club is in a precarious financial position and needs to improve the way it tries to win football games. I think Andy Collins built a great foundation which is still there. I think that was chipped away a ittle on the field with the losses of Fergie, Tippett and Mangan, while Mark came late to the job and had little money to recruit.

I think our season suffered due to a poor pre-season for reasons which were out of the control of the new coach. I think mistakes were made and they won't be made again. Mark suffered the consequences of that and we started 0-4., season in strife right away. Since then we've been around the mark, but not quite good enough.

As for playing style, I've been lucky (or unlucky) enough to see and hear about that at close hand for our last 9 coaches. It's different depending on who we play, the conditions, the match-ups and who we have available. I do know that it's not as simple as some make it out to be and it only seems to be discussed when we lose, rarely when we win. In any event, the coaches we have know a lot more about football than I do and I happiy leave it to them.

Off field, I do know that the people who put their hand up to help put in huge hours and have the best interests of the club at heart. They live and breathe our club, as do so many on here.

It's not easy. There's no 'change of style' that will turn things around, there's no lottery win to make us rich, there's just people doing their best to take the club forward. They make mistakes, they do a lot of good also. They stand for election every two years or if they're a coach they live and die by results and get re-appointed or sacked.

They're just my thoughts. Others are different, that's fine, no opinion gets deleted here. Some post with passion, some with frustration and some through particular agendas.

We're all red and black.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 am

Second Team wrote:In the highlights package of last weeks game against the crows we see Harts kicks it to Stevens who kicks it to Webby who handballs to Fish who kicks a goal. Fast exciting football. Then in the marks highlights package we see what the forwards have to put up with normally. Webby competes against 20 players for a mark. Quick ball movement at all cost this week is what we need please. Having one less in the forwardlines is not so bad when we move it quickly. Ten kicks out of defense kills us.Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3aMFoK00I&feature=player_detailpage

I actually agree, ST, but no coach instructs players to take forever to get the ball from one end to the other. As you know, though, it's harder from a slow play start than a quick play start.

Great mark by Webby, but he wasn't against 20, it was almost a one on one.

Interesting to see, though, that we had 6 forwards just in that space.
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:09 pm

afro afro afro
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:28 pm

billrobs1 wrote:Would Michael Godden be interested in coming back home perhaps?

Mark Mickan has a two year contract and should be given the chance to to deliver, not be replaced after 13 weeks, I didn't hear anyone bitching after the wins against the ferals and the cows.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:14 am

Probably getting ahead of myself Testy.

From what I have heard Mick G is a tremendous coach with AFL potential.

As someone has already pointed out I doubt we could afford to pay out MM's contract anyway.
billrobs1

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:49 pm

YES.

A victory for the true believers.

Well done, boys.

Great games by all the team, but Webb and Beech were standouts.

redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Again R&B you are to be congratulated for your optimism.

Agree with comments on Beech and Webb. Thought Tucks hard efforts in the last qtr were great.

Can we pleeeeeeese continue this form after the break. I am mindful we are playing away.

We have proved once again we have a list capable of playing top 5 football.

Special mention must go to the Sturt supporters in the Adam Hartlett pocket today......pure entertainment!!!!
billrobs1

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Yep us true believers are hard to find
bundy

Back to top Go down