Your 3 recruits for 2015

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your 3 recruits for 2015

Post by redandblack on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:51 pm

If you had to recruit only 3 key players for next year,what would you Recruit?

Key forwards, ruckman, backs.....?

Any names also?

Last edited by redandblack on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
redandblack

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Your 3 recruits for 2015

Post by Lachlan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:51 pm

I think we need

1. key Forward
2. Outside midfielders

As for names I really think it would depend on who gets delisted especially when it comes to outside Mids

A couple of names for a key Forward would be Clousten from Williamstown. Think he played for the Birsbane Lions
Featherstone from Coburg and Lourey from Frankston he is a proven VFL player

As for Mids Magin from Bendigo think he played for the Gold Coast and Macon who plays for Williamstown.
think Helbig will get delisted and he would be a great get. Although he is an inside mid.
lastly Jordan Russell an Ex Westies boy and Former Carlton and Collingwood player. 
He would make a great Midfielder in our competition
Lachlan

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Good thoughts, lachlan.

I think we tried to get Jordan Russell last year, but he was pretty set in Melbourne.

Brad Helbig would be good, depends on whether he's delisted or stays,of course.

I agree we need pace and a key forward, depending on who stays and goes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:45 am

Ruckman, Wingman who runs forward and kicks goals, Quick leading tall forward and a x lotto winner from the club to put us on the front foot
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:25 pm

we need money to recruit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:08 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-30/magner-wants-another-chance

scorpion

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Forwards x 3
I don't care what game plan a coach tries to implement if you can't kick 15 goals a game you are in trouble.
If your forward line is structured correctly with players that can actually win 1 on 1 battles you can overcome a shootout with other teams and give confidence to both midfielders and backs to move the ball quickly towards the goals.

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Richmond Rocker wrote:Forwards x 3
I don't care what game plan a coach tries to implement if you can't kick 15 goals a game you are in trouble.
If your forward line is structured correctly with players that can actually win 1 on 1 battles you can overcome a shootout with other teams and give confidence to both midfielders and backs to move the ball quickly towards the goals.

Against Norwood we had 46 clearances to Norwoods 27. We also had 18 scoring shots to Norwoods 32. Is this the forwards not being able to take a mark or the midfielders burning the ball. If we have a midfield problem then we need better midfielders with better disposal.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:50 pm

You certainly have a point there, ST.

Our skill level at Norwood wasn't up to scratch all over the ground.

We'll see which players respond to that.

Hopefully they all will and see Birssy off with a good win.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm

We have 3 very good forwards: Still, Middleton and Webb. Sadly they can't stay on the park. Add Watchman and then Beech, Fielke, Stevens, etc floating through I don't think that is our biggest problem.

Our skill level is deplorable. We need midfielders who can kick.
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:51 am

1 x head coach
1 x CHF
1 x midfield
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 pm

I think our forward line is an issue and we need to recruit a couple of key forwards. 
Still and Middleton are unreliable due to injury so we definitely have to recruit players that will stay on the park.

Webby is our best ruckman and he can rest up forward and kick a few goals for us.

Our midfield is also an issue as we don't have the leg speed in that area. We have inside Mids such as Tuck,Schmidt. however we need Two outside Mids with pace and with GOOD FOOT SKILLS
Lachlan

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:13 am

Against Norwood we had 46 clearances to Norwoods 27. We also had 18 scoring shots to Norwoods 32. Is this the forwards not being able to take a mark or the midfielders burning the ball. If we have a midfield problem then we need better midfielders with better disposal.  Shocked Shocked Shocked[/quote]

I didn't see the Norwood game but I would assume that as in every game we have played them in the past norwood would leave one back in the pressure kick from centre clearance position and we would kick it there (too him) or we would work the ball from the side, go wide and try to get the ball to the forwards down from the wings.

Good forwards don't let the ball come out even if the ball is "burnt" and hold the ball in the area. Not being able to get a kick to position in the forward line under pressure from the midfield indicates to me that our forwards are unable to control their zone and win these one on one ball movements. Leading forwards rather than forwards that wait for delivery have been a big issue at westies over the last 10 years. Dominate leads to position are something we only see from opposition teams.
In the last 10 years west has had 2 class forwards who have been sacrificed to ruck work due to our lack of ruck stocks and coaching structures that are based on movement from the back line.  The defensive structure game plan and flooding of forwards into defense will always result in midfield- fast half forward goal kickers as is the case with us. Under AC we were good at holding up the ball and pressing back into defense but were not able to punish teams on the return as our key forwards drifted too far into the midfield rather than remaining in a position to lead for the inevitable returning ball.

Simply put there are 2 types of set ups in the forward line one for center clearance and one for general play and return from defense, both of which we do not set up well for either by zone structure,game plan or personnel. We will all have our opinions which is the issue but give me a Coad and Dulgig an Eddy or Wundke and Ainger any day.

Richmond Rocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:50 am

I don't know how many times this year I have seen us kick the ball to the wrong side of a leading target. Putting it on the backmans chest or turning the ball over out of defense has been common in many games this season. I really think West are the worst kicking team in the SANFL.   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 pm

In Recruiting I have put my 3 in earlier on

But I would Certainly Talk to Willetts, Porplyzia, Heilbig & S. Fisher (if De-listed)  Slattery S.Tuck,
and make sure no one is leaving the club Especially our SENIOR Players

scorpion

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:09 am

billrobs1 wrote:1 x head coach
1 x CHF
1 x midfield

Careful, you'll upset some of the locals.  Very Happy 
whispy

Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 am

That was more than 2 days ago and no-one's been upset, bundy?

2 out of 3 ain't bad  Very Happy 
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Really interesting post Richmond Rocker.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:02 am

Richmond Rocker wrote.

Under AC we were good at holding up the ball and pressing back into defense but were not able to punish teams on the return as our key forwards drifted too far into the midfield rather than remaining in a position to lead for the inevitable returning ball.

Simply put there are 2 types of set ups in the forward line one for center clearance and one for general play and return from defense, both of which we do not set up well for either by zone structure,game plan or personnel.

When STILL marked a ball from our defensive kick out against Norwood last week what category does this fit into. Is he doing the wrong thing or is it a problem in the gameplan. It might be that we put our efforts into a running CHF and keep our FF at home in the 50. With Nelson and Carter now rucking west just need to get a running CHF ( and keep STILL in South Australia )  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:20 pm

I guess if Still is following his man downfield he can't be blamed, unless key forwards are instructed not to drift down beyond a certain point. But it is a problem because if our best forward is marking our kick-ins, we can hardly then move the ball quickly into attack with any optimism.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:28 pm

When STILL marked a ball from our defensive kick out against Norwood last week what category does this fit into. Is he doing the wrong thing or is it a problem in the gameplan. It might be that we put our efforts into a running CHF and keep our FF at home in the 50. With Nelson and Carter now rucking west just need to get a running CHF ( and keep STILL in South Australia )  Shocked Shocked Shocked[/quote]

If he was doing the wrong thing then he would be taken from the ground or a least a runner sent out.

In todays game you need a mobile CHF. The stay at home guy is the FF, one on one. If his man wants to go forward he is going to look a bit stupid when we turn the ball over and kick it to our FF alone in the 50. It is only the forwards who drag defenders down the ground.

We have a running CHF but he has been playing in ruck for too long.

I agree Still needs to stay....good player

And I agree that some of our skills are poor but I have seen that from all clubs in the SANFL. Plenty of missed targets all around. It just hurts more when we do it.

Richmond Rocker

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum