The Board

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Board

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:03 pm

I previously posted as 'redandblack'.

As most of you know, I was appointed to the WAFC Board a few months ago.

Many of the Board members are relatively new and we are dealing with several matters which will be vital to the future of the Club.

I can only speak for myself, but I know the Board as a whole have committed to having an open and honest dialogue with all our members and supporters on the issues we all face as passionate supporters of our club.

Most of the SANFL clubs are in some degree of financial stress. We are fortunate in one sense, in that our debt is one of the lowest in the League and our assets comfortably exceed our liabilities.

This should allay the worst fears of some of our supporters, but we do have a major problem that has been a constant for some years.

We have a major cash flow issue, which creates stress in meeting our day to day commitments on time.

The Board is working hard on a number of options to overcome this and we will be keeping members fully informed at all times.

A poster said that we are all passionate West Adelaide supporters, regardless of our different opinions here at times, and that is true. We are all putting our best efforts into solving the difficulties we face and are considering a number of options to turn around our position quickly.

We have a history of under-achieving. We have a Board now with a diverse range of skills and a focus on doing whatever it takes for us not just to survive, but to make us a force on and off the field. I am passionate about us winning games and premierships, nothing less.

I am also happy to answer questions here, within the bounds of Board confidentiality and bearing in mind I have only been on the Board a few months.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Board

Post by Lachlan on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Lee

Thanks an excellent post
Lachlan

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks for coming out R&B.

It might explain some of the vehement defence of MM. I figure a Board member has no choice but to publicly support an employee.

Good post also. I certainly appreciate the Board has a very difficult job in front of them.

billrobs1

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks billrobs, I always enjoy your posts.

I suppose I have defended all of the 9 coaches I've worked for as a volunteer, seeing their work and total commitment up close. Whether successful or not, it's the one thing they all have in common.

As we all know, though, coaches live and die purely on results at the end of their contracts, which is as it should be.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks for the Post Lee,

Look forward to a chat outside of this site.

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Anytime. RR, i'll also look forward to it.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 pm

billrobs1 wrote:Thanks for coming out R&B.

It might explain some of the vehement defence of MM. I figure a Board member has no choice but to publicly support an employee.

Good post also. I certainly appreciate the Board has a very difficult job in front of them.

Always wondered when you would "out yourself" R&B  Very Happy Very Happy 
testy

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum