What would you do.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What would you do.

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 am

I'm interested in listening to posters' ideas as to what they would do if they could make the decisions about the Club.

Hopefully there may be plenty of ideas which can be adopted?
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: What would you do.

Post by Second Team on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:38 am

When STILL is out injured then don't name him in the team. I know it seems to amuse some at West but is stupid and unprofessional. Amateur hour at its best.

Whoever comes out to preseason they have to run a 2 km time trial and then kick a football straight. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:14 pm

1. Negotiate with appropriate State Transport Authorities to arrange a Bus to travel down Milner road on normal route for transport of patrons and game day travellers.
2. Photographs of all players that have been drafted by AFL clubs to be hung in the members lounge.
3. Happy Hour at Presentations
4. Negotiate with WT Councli to open up access to the club from South Road entrance with signage on main road.
5. No offence to current coach but talk to Micky Godden a.s.a.p.
6. Club Transport to away games (even though we don't win) with return to the club after game.
7. Recruit form current SANFL teams for players negaotiate to play or disrupt other teams Salary caps.
8. Summer Membership to all homes within 3km's of the club free of charge to open the club to locals (most of whom do not know we exist) - No voting rights.
9. Membership prices, saving etc to be advertised at main bar and restaurant. Staff trained to discuss with non-memebrs the advantages of joining.
10. Ability to put money onto the Membership card as well as gaining points.
11. AGM to be held at the end of the football season, so the new committee can start the year not the old one.
12. If the board appoints a new committee member during the year without membership voting they should be up for election at the next AGM.
13. I could go on forever

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Don't recruit players that have had a lot of issues with long term or persistent injuries.
Do we have people that go to amateur league games for hidden talent.
Get southern home improvements ? to Put a shelter up eg verandah between BBQ and grandstand for shelter put there name on it as a sponsor.
Put a sign in Airport telling all arrivals we are closest football come social club to the C.B.D. and  ADELAIDE OVAL,have a menu on it and location and what we can offer them.
Does the club have a suggestion box at club? i know you will get crap but pickout the good ideas.
bundy

Number of posts : 280
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Packages for visiting AFL teams supporters to attend games, functions etc and arrange travel to Adelaide Oval and then back to club then airport.

Richmond Rocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Get someone with half an idea how to serve a pie or pastie that is edible. Had the best pastie at the eagles ground yesterday. It can't be that hard. We now have good coffee so lets learn how to heat up a pie.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Fix the lights. Spend the money or just play in the daylight. Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Good points ST.

What about banning the use of emoticons unless they are for a reason.  lol! 

Richmond Rocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Richmond Rocker wrote:Good points ST.

What about banning the use of emoticons unless they are for a reason.  lol! 

Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Some great points by everyone
1. Only play  3 or 4 night games and all of them very early on in the season
2. Play more Saturday afternoon footy
3. Fix the lights
4. RECRUIT A KEY FORWARD WE HAVENT HAD ONE SINCE DARREN BRADSHAW
6.A player such as Shane Birss to be an assistant coach. He knows all the players and cannot be lost to our footy club
Lachlan

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Who is on the recruitment squad  Shocked 
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:02 pm

I would like something back at the club after the Presentations had finished. Like they had a band after pressos last night.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Don't put the price of a coke up to $5 in the canteen for the last home match. It costs families enough to go to the football without paying ridiculous prices for soft drinks.
firstblood

Number of posts : 276
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:11 pm

'Coaches Report Still to come.'

Waiting, waiting, waiting........................
blackandred

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:33 pm

Most of my points above would not even be looked at. I dont want to sound negative but I expect 2015 to be another year of talk and bull with nothing changing other than increased cost to patrons. I have not seen the board make any decisions that have changed the direction of this club for the better in the last 30 years except the introduction of the lights (that are now substandard and do not draw big crowds).

Richmond Rocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm

RR, i only put this up a day ago.

I can assure you I will reply to all suggestions where possible, after posters have had time to give their ideas.

You will be pleased to know I will also ensure that the Board sees all the suggestions.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Do we have any recently retired players with a good eye for talent on recruitment squad ?
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 pm

* I think some signage on South Rd (like the Eagles have on Port rd) would be a great idea if possible along with an entrance there again if possible.

* Too many night games this year, 3-4 maximum and they should be at the start and of the season, not in the middle of winter in terrible conditions.

* Bring a friend for free round
* An end of year survey for all members and season ticket holders, easily done at minimal cost on Survey Monkey. What were they happy with, what not, what suggestions etc.
* Two way communication with members outside of the traditional AGM meetings needs to get better and will make a massive difference.
loppy19

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:39 pm

bundy wrote:Do we have any recently retired players with a good eye for talent on recruitment squad ?

Excellent idea Bundy. ( Never thought I would say that ). We need to think outside the square I think with recruits. Lots of SANFL clubs have picked up country footballers that failed at SANFL previously and turned them into good footballers. Baulderstone and Davis from Norwood and Shultz and Shillabeer from North.
Why can't we find these players.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Second Team wrote:
bundy wrote:Do we have any recently retired players with a good eye for talent on recruitment squad ?

Excellent idea Bundy. ( Never thought I would say that ). We need to think outside the square I think with recruits. Lots of SANFL clubs have picked up country footballers that failed at SANFL previously and turned them into good footballers. Baulderstone and Davis from Norwood and Shultz and Shillabeer from North.
Why can't we find these players.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hey i thought you had some good ideas  scratch Nah i was wrong. lol! 
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:59 pm

I think you'll find that players, both current and recent, have input with many recruiting targets.

Including this year, which many here have not been impressed with.

Back to the drawing board, Bundy, mate  lol! 

PS 1: I think it often takes 2 years to judge recruits.

PS 2: Good suggestions, loppy and I think one or two have already been discussed and might happen.

Thanks to all posters so far.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:14 pm

What happened with Baulderstone and Davis from Norwood and Shultz and Shillabeer from North. Did the club even know these players existed? If not why not. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Further to my previous post on this subject.

A Match day sponsor for home games it doesn't have to be just one business.
Their business can be promoted on Westies Website. 

Secondly the match day announcer good also promote the sponsor plus some of our other sponsors
Lachlan

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 am

It's not going to happen but the first thing I would do is bring back Collins.

Also, I don't think it's asking too much for members to receive the Coach's Report - it's happened for years but lately all we've been receiving is the scores with the report 'to come'. I think this is poor and would rather not receive this basic info when I expect to receive an update from the Club.

I've been passionate about this Club all my life but this season I've failed to have the same level of interest and enjoyment at the footy despite turning up every week.

I think a survey of members is a great idea ff the Board is open to receiving suggestions. I'd also like to know how some Board members have been appointed without being elected to the position.
JCL

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:30 am

The practice of board members  appointed without being elected to the position is consistent with the clubs constitution which while allowing these appointment does also state that these appointments are  only until the next AGM.

It is in my opinion a good rule as it allows the board to appoint specific persons with specific skills to advise on an issue - example - financial concerns appoint an accountant.
Oldfella

Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum