West v North Preliminary Final

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: West v North Preliminary Final

Post by hound dawg on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:47 am

I think we need some pace in our forward line to apply some defensive pressure in order to prevent the opposition setting up their actors from turnovers in our forward 50. How many times against Norwood do we see the midfield do the hardwork and get the ball forward to only see it go back over there heads before they can get into some sort of defensive position to keep the ball in there.
hound dawg

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

Hartlett has struggled down back this yr. Panos and. Ainger gave him a real touch up.
Secondly you would have 4 talls in defence if he. Plays Theresa you already have Tippett.
Mangan and Thompson
Lachlan

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:57 am

When he played against Panos, ot was his first game back and he was injured 15 minutes into the first quarter. IMO a better defender than Thompson
brodlach

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dawg on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 am

I reckon we should put Blackys avatar on the big screen and hopefully distract the North cocks. Laughing 
hound dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:27 am

Brodlach

You would drop Thompson then? And bring in who. What would your line up be against North?

You are right it was his first game back when he stood Panos however that's no excuse.

I'm saying things about Harts as I really thing he is a very good footballer but he has Too many brain fades. I really want him to stand up this week.

My line up would be
FF Keough Fergy Silverlock
HF Beech Harts Slattery
C Hill Schmidt Anderson
HB Bricknell Mangan Green
FB Caire Tippett Thompson

1st R Webb Tuck McReadie
2nd R Nelson Slattery Birss

Int Nelson Homburg Birss

Ins Fergy Slattery Nelson Keough Homburg
Outs Still Fielke Kirk Rankine Bonney

If Slatts doesn't play I would bring in Poynton.
I think Fergy will play

Last edited by Lachlan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 am

Brodlach

Harts had 4 goals kicked on him by Panos and then he got shifted before his injury
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am

I didnt say drop Thompson??

Play Ferg forward and have Harts, Mangan, Thompson and Tippett in the back half. Mangan on the back flank.

PS you have Hill in two spots in that team
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:22 am

Brodlach.
Thanks re Hill. It should have read Birss on the interchange. If you have those 4 talls who of them will stand Johnson I don't thinkHarts has the engine to go with him. If Mangan plays on the flank then he would stand Gordon.

I would have Mangan on Johnson with Bricknell on Gordon.that leaves Thompson to stand Langford and Tippett to stand Stewart

That means Harts to play forward
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 am

Dont have a problem with Mangan on Gordon
Thompson on Langford
Tippett on Johnson
Hartlett on Stewart
Caire on Ryswyk
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:39 am

Mate your match ups seems fine. I just don't think Tippett has the tank to go with Johnson and it means Tippett to play at CHB and he hasn't played that position since he came to the club
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:41 am

Johnson and Stewart swap around throughout the game anyway
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 pm

League Prelim. Final

West v North
Sunday 29 September - 3:10pm - AAMI Stadium

West

West Adelaide captain Ryan Ferguson has been rated a 50-50 chance of playing in Sunday’s Preliminary Final against North Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

Ferguson, who suffered a severe case of concussion in the Qualifying Final, missed the Bloods’ loss to Norwood in the Second Semi-Final.

After completing a light training session on Tuesday night, the Fos Williams Medallist must prove himself at training on Thursday and Saturday if he is to front the Roosters.

The former Melbourne backman has been listed at half-back in West’s 23-man squad but is no certainty of taking his place in the side.

‘’Tuesday night was a lighter night (of training),’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.

‘’So there were only a few drills but he was certainly out there running around. I think we will get a better idea tonight and on Saturday morning.

‘’When you are dealing with a concussion the most important part is to make sure his head is OK after intense exercise. There has to be no sign of headache or dizziness.’’

Along with Ferguson, midfielders Josh Schiller, Dean Poynton and Nick Homburg have been added to the squad while ruckman Peter Nelson has been listed on the extended interchange bench.

If Nelson plays, he could lead the ruck which would allow former Power rookie Daniel Webb to provide a target inside attacking 50.
‘’We are looking for forward options,’’ Marks said.

‘’With Pete, you can play him in the ruck and possibly push Webby forward so that’s where that thought is coming into it.’’

Leadership group member Aaron Fielke (shoulder) and key forward Michael Still (thumb) have been ruled out for the rest of the season after reporting injuries in the Second Semi-Final.

Utility Chris Bonney and key defender Brad Kirk have been dropped.

F: Rankine, Hartlett, Beech
HF: Silverlock, Keough, Birss
C: R. Anderson, Schmidt, Hill
HB: Green, Mangan, Ferguson
B: Caire, Tippett, Thompson

R: Webb, Tuck, Macreadie
INT: Poynton, Bricknell, P. Nelson, Schiller, Homburg
IN: Schiller, P. Nelson, Homburg, Keough, Poynton, Ferguson
OUT: Fielke (shoulder), Still (thumb), Bonney, Kirk
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by captainblood on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 pm

To me you need to stop Gordon and Theile.
If Theile is up and running so are North. He seems to be that link man and sneaks down for a few goals too. Really need to curb his entries into our forward line because he is the best deliverer of the ball in their team,Hard tag.

Webby needs to rest in the forward line on occasions this week and Silverlock needs to stay down and be at his feet. Taite has to be smarter and when he's in range.... shoot. He's not working hard enough off the ball but that can change quickly.

Keough has to keep Miles moving and we have to be smart enough not to bomb it in around Miles.

Tucky needs to run hard into our forward line and become an option to make us more dangerous. I think he'll be tagged so become that target and put the pressure right back on them.

Lastly our players were too timid last week not fully committing to a lead or running into space to become an option. It was though they made a token effort but really didn't want the ball to come to them in case they made a mistake.

Really need to back themselves and present, even if they aren't used they will drag their opponent away and open up holes for others.

If they all spread, run hard, move the ball on quick and demand the ball then we will have a great chance to play in the GF.
captainblood

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dawg on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:30 am

You are right CB. Tuck needs to kick goals to sting the oppposition, if he is getting tagged I would be willing to take 70% of the possessions if he can run forward of the ball and kick 3 goals.
hound dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Pretty ordinary stuff by Don Cooper in FeT this week about us not wearing the clash jumper.

Fair enough to query it, but a bit average to drag on volunteers and have a cheap shot at us to wear the red jumper this week.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:55 pm

redandblack wrote:Pretty ordinary stuff by Don Cooper in FeT this week about us not wearing the clash jumper.

Fair enough to query it, but a bit average to drag on volunteers and have a cheap shot at us to wear the red jumper this week.
Yeah, it's all my fault.... i read the article and he said i couldn't offer an explanation as to why we didn't wear the away strip... iv'e never met the man, so how can he claim i couldn't explain not wearing the away strip. I think he needs to find something else to do other than making up stories as he goes along.
Not very professional IMO.
firstblood

Number of posts : 280
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 am

I will not be attending so I wish the boys a good game as I am convinced they will win.
Oldfella

Number of posts : 260
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Obviously Don Cooper has nothing else to talk about
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:43 pm

where going to have to pull something out of our ass to win.
also no banner Sunday due to club having a function in the mound bar sat:( NOT HAPPY JAN

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 am

Looks like no Nelson or Homburg.Crying or Very sad
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 am

I think nelson to miss out esp with norfs speed
bundy

Number of posts : 285
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by goedy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Well another season over.Even though we lost today the season was not a waste.We made a prelim final ,won the foxtel club,increased our membership all with a restricted recruiting program and very little help from our afl listed players unlike most of the other clubs. I am happy but still waiting to attend a winning gf.
GO BLOODS IN 2014
goedy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Losing a GF costs lots of $$$$$ - we wouldnt have beaten norwood with our game-plan and injury list anyway

We did limp into the finals with lots of injuries - Depth was always an issue this year and it bit us late
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm

I thought our skills were woeful today. I lost count of how many times we turned the ball over, kicked out of bounds on the full and got caught holding the ball.

The only good thing about losing today is I don't have to go back (I sincerely hope not) to AAMI stadium again ever!
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:56 pm

this game was a joke

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum