2015 trial games

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2015 trial games

Post by TAAARS on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Have it on good authority (Sandy form the best little cookhouse in texas) that the BBQ will be open this friday night for the trial game. But only cooking sausages and hamburgers. cheers
TAAARS

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm

SANFL News
05 Feb 2015
WEST V EAGLES TRIAL SQUADS

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

West Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens have agreed to play their full-strength line-ups during the first half of Friday night’s trial match at City Mazda Stadium.

Bloods coach Mark Mickan and Eagles mentor Michael Godden, who both worked together previously at Glenelg, will have the majority of their league players take the field from 6.30pm before the main break.

Godden confirmed star recruits Jared Petrenko, Luke Thompson and Fraser Thurlow would all appear for the Eagles while former Magpie Aseri Raikiwasa will don the club’s tri-colours for the first time.

Inexperienced pair Alby Dunstan and Tom Schwarz are expected to be given an opportunity in league company while 2014 SA Under-18 squad member Jack Gaffney will also get a chance to mix it with the big boys.

‘’Alby has played a little bit of league footy but he is in the fight for a key position spot so we will give him a go (in the first half),’’ Godden said.

‘’Tom Schwarz, who didn’t get to play a lot of league footy last year, will get a crack in the midfield and young Jack Gaffney will get a look in the first half as well just to see how he copes with the added pressure.

‘’We’re very keen for the players to have a break from playing against each other in the internal trials which we play so it will be nice to play against an opposition which doesn’t know what we are doing. Hopefully we learn a lot from it.’’

Seeking to rise up the ladder after finishing ninth last year, West has named an equally strong line-up featuring former Crow Jason Porplyzia, and ex-Richmond utility Brad Helbig, both of whom have returned after playing in the AFL.

Impressive NT Thunder recruit Errin Wasley-Black is expected to catch the eye with his impressive left-foot kick while former Bloods bigman Ryan Willits will wear the red and black for the first time since the 2012 Grand Final.

Key forward Daniel Webb, who underwent multiple surgeries this off-season, and utility Andrew Hayes (hamstring) will miss the early trial match with injury but are expected to push for selection in the Bloods’ next hit-out against Sturt on March 20.

Entry to the trial match, which will be played across four 30-minute quarters, is free with the Bloods’ famous barbecue also in operation. West fans will also have the opportunity to purchase memberships and merchandise.

WEST ADELAIDE v WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS
City Mazda Stadium, Friday 6.30pm
Entry is free

WEST ADELAIDE SQUAD
Taite Silverlock
Chris Schmidt
Brad Helbig
Adam Hartlett
Travis Tuck
Aaron Fielke
Kane Stevens
Corey Solly
Jonathan Beech
Logan Hill
Ryan Willits
Jason Porplyzia
Shannon Green
Simon Wong
Tom Keough
Richard Newell
Dustin Head
Errin Wasley-Black
Aaron Anderson
Phil Hopton
Riley Milne
Campbell Smith
Jesse Watchman
Nick Homburg
Will Snelling
Peter Nelson
Josh Schiller
Lachie Jennings
Harry Vick
Eric Izbicki
Nick Favretto
Hugh Haysman
Ryan Dijksman
Tom Fitzpatrick
Aaron Francis
Oliver Johnson
Tristan Geehman
Alex Scott
Blake Harris
Jack Evans
Riley Bonner
Nick Westhoff
Chris Burgess
Kale Trussell
Patrick Barrett
Brett Turner
Harrison Westhoff

WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS SQUAD
Andrew Ainger
Angus Aldenhoven
Matthew Appleton
Izzy Blumson
Marc Borholm
James Boyd
Alby Dunstan
Tom Elfenbein
Giles Ellis
Jack Elsworthy
Jack Enright
Jack Gaffney
Patrick Giuffreda
Matthew Goldsworthy
Jack Hayes
Nick Hayes
Ethan Haylock
Joe Heinjus
Luke Jarrad
Scott Lewis
Caleb Lloyd
Sam Martyn
Daniel Minney
Dillon Mullins
Jared Petrenko
Angus Poole
Jackson Press
Aseri Raikiwasa
Phil Raymond
Matthew Raymond
Sam Rowland
Angus Rowntree
Tom Schwarz
Jake Summerton
Jacob Templeton
Luke Thompson
Fraser Thurlow
Paul Ventura
Jake von Bertouch
Jake Westbrook
Tom Whittlesea
Rhys Woods
Michael Wundke

« back

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 409

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:59 am

The only good thing out of the trial game last nite was the BBQ great job people under n those temps, thanks for my best bbq fix for 2015, going to be a long winter top 4 ,Mark be real.
merrick

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:28 am

I wouldn't read too much into the result in a trial game , gotta be optimistic for the year ahead now that Rubbers has had a full pre-season with the squad compared to what he got last year
westiesforever

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:16 am

The first half score was 4.4 to our 1.8.  The sides were new fir the second half.

I felt positive after the game between the two 'better' teams that played the first half.  Several didn't play, including Tuck, Silverlock, Hartlett, Caire, etc, while Milne and Willits played in the second half.

First, we probably found two new players. Young Will Snelling played in the middle and is just a natural, while Errin Wasley-Black showed enough to think he'll be a league player.

Chris Schmidt played half-back and must have had 25 possessions in a half, while just knowing where to go and how to organise the defence.  I was so pleased with Tom Keough, who looked terrific in his first serious hitout after his operation. Brad Helbig played deep defence to allow us to give some less experienced players a run in the middle, while Shannon Green adds so much to the forward line.  Nick Homburg also impressed.

We had a heap of the footy, over-used it a fair bit and our skills still need improvement, but I thought we looked much more solid than last year, due to the presence of experienced players such as Porps and Helbig.

Jesse Watchman and Phil Hopton bith played well, but we need at least one of Mason Middleton or Justin Hardy to be up forward.  I believe tjey're not too far off now.

In other news, Ben Klemke has arrived and looks in good nick and is about 194cms.

merrick, have faith, mate.  It's a half a game trial match in February with 19 players not playing.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:51 am

Yes I know it was only a trial game and we had a lot missing but still disappointing to only have 1 goal at halftime! Constantly the Eagles defence rebounded and took the ball cleanly down to their forward line.

Apart from who you mentioned Lee, I thought Aaron Anderson, Hugh Haysman and Aaron Francis played well in the second half and will push for some senior games this year.

I look forward to our next trial and hopefully a big improvement.

I thought we could purchase memberships last night, nothing was available to do this!
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Good post, beaglex.

I agree that 1 goal was disappointing. Our goalkicking is still a worry.

Also agree about the 2 Aarons and Hugh and I also thought Ollie Johnson looked back to his old self after a pre-season. Loved Lachie Dodds-watson from the 18's also, good skills, good decisions and good orange boots Very Happy

I'll pass on your comment about the memberships.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Never seen him play but Will Snelling sounds like the second coming of Christ. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:15 am

Nice article on Errin Wasley-Black on the website.

I think our new IT man, Scott (a Westies supporter), is making some good improvements, with plenty to come.

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/errin-wasley-black-joins-the-bloods/
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 pm

They played a couple of 25 minute halves in a scratch match tonight.

Very happy with it. For posters' info, Ryan Willits, Kaine Stevens, Brad Helbig and many others were excellent.

Errin Wasley-Black was again good, while newcomer Joe Cua looked very promising.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Hardy play?
brodlach

Number of posts : 232

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:13 pm

No.

Still several not playing.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:03 am

Time for him to get out of the gym and actually do what he is paid for.... Płay football. I'm would imagine he would be one of the highest paid players and so far he he given us very little.
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:01 am

Agree Brodlach its getting like hardy who is he.Maybe we could get lippy the lion instead to play.
bundy

Number of posts : 281
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:42 am

You can throw in his mate Hayes too.
Hopefully the both of them play some good footy for us this year.
I don't think it will happen. Hayes's hamstrings are worse than Michael Clarke's!!!!
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Shane Tuck has been very quiet didn't play in the trial is he playing for the club this season?
merrick

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Yep Shane is playing for Goodwood Surprised , Travis on the other hand will be playing the next trial I believe
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Correct about Shane.

Travis played in the trial.

I must say I was very heartened by the trial. The addition of experienced players in Porplyzia, Helbig and Willits gives us a much more solid look.

New recruits Wasley-Black and Cua look well up to league standard and Will Snelling looks a natural (not the second coming, but certainly a league player).

We do need a key forward to get fit, though.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Snelling was best player in the state trial on the weekend too
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Shane would of been playing another than the normal politics around football clubs. I would let him just turn up on game day for to get rid of hardy. hopefully kicks a bag this year and proves me wrong though.

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 158
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:38 pm

How far away are Hardy,Middleton and Webb from resuming full training?
Lachlan

Number of posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:16 pm

The club made every effort to have Shane play with us, both ladt year and this.

It was Shane's decision entirely not to play SANFL and one we understand after such a long and proud AFL and SANFL record.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Lachlan wrote:How far away are Hardy,Middleton and Webb from resuming full training?

1 week, 4 weeks and 2 weeks. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 pm

ST

Thanks for the update. Three very important players who need to stay on the
park for the whole year if we are to be successful
Lachlan

Number of posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 pm

SANFL News
20 FEB 2015
COACH’S CORNER – MARK MICKAN
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

It’s no secret West Adelaide was one of the major disappointments in season 2014.

Coming off a Grand Final in 2012 and a Preliminary Final in 2013, the Bloods slumped to ninth at the end of the minor round, winning just six matches.

As a result, West coach Mark Mickan – preparing for his second season at the helm – vowed to have his side ready for action in 2015.

Already, the Bloods have tackled Woodville-West Torrens in two trial matches, which sandwiched the Christmas break.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Mickan reveals his men have been working on their defensive action throughout the pre-season.

The former Glenelg mentor also provides an update on star recruit Jason Porplyzia as well as fellow signings Brad Helbig, Errin Wasley-Black and the returning Ryan Willits.

Mickan also chats about the health of injured trio Daniel Webb, Justin Hardy and Andrew Hayes, revealing the latter is ready for action after a hamstring strain.

www.sanfl.com.au

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum