Lee

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee

Post by merrick on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:55 am

Sorry mate us pensioners cant afford a $99 to a $134 , that's why im going to buy a season ticket **** the club they don't love there members,  Mr Beswick can buy a membership for his wife hes working,  wate till hes finished work. He will be sitting in the stand  by him self.
merrick

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:43 am

First, merrick, I edited out your last comment, as it was just poor personal abuse of someone.

The club is totally committed to being inclusive with their members. Have you contacted the club to let them know your difficulties and what might be done for pensioners? It's a good point and something that needs to be looked at, if it hasn't already.

If you haven't contacted the club and just post "**** the club", then sorry, we can't do anything and I'd ask you to reconsider your approach.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Merrick - Just some perspective, I only work 0.8 and my wife is stay at home - With 3 kids, my disposable income is not great either. Its a choice and I understand the plight of those on pensions - hope you have some financial windfall this year. I'm glad you will still be attending games however.
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:35 pm

is that .8 of an hour ?

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:36 pm

stay on board Merrick

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 pm

V. Clever R. Rocker
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Lee any chance you know when the members packs are out there. Really just wanna see what the bages is going to look like.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 am

Jamo wrote:Lee any chance you know when the members packs are out there. Really just wanna see what the bages is going to look like.

Also are members going to be given car park (large gated area at Southern end) access?
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:28 pm

I think the members' packs are just about ready to go out.

As for car parks, we've lost the car park next to the club and now have to provide parking for the opposition club and staff, so I think parking will be restricted.

The website will have which categories of membership will have a park included.

we're doing everything we can to maximise parking, with the help of a very co-operative Council, but we only have what we have.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:20 pm

I just want me badge hahaha or to see what it looks like lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:05 pm

beaglex wrote:
Jamo wrote:Lee any chance you know when the members packs are out there. Really just wanna see what the bages is going to look like.

Also are members going to be given car park (large gated area at Southern end) access?

Become a WESTONIAN! Best Value Membership going around, Great bunch of Ladies and Gentleman of all ages.

Best money I have ever spent in my life, it has given me much more than I given it. Very Happy in knowledge and enjoyment to a new whole level of day at the Footy with my father and friends who we have been coming our whole lives. I met a whole new group of "Really" older blokes (Who my generation(still only 25) these days would normally hang out with). Its shown me a new side to life and been made feel like part of a family, not just a number.

I always enjoy chat, drink all while dribbling our stories and thoughts and rubbish about the great the club where a part of. $420 is cheap when you think about it if you go to every game of the year. Money well spent.

Dig Deep help your club out with the extra Membership money and enjoy all the great things the WESTONIANS have to offer. you wont regret it and you will get your bloody car park Smile

Membership info below:

WESTONIAN MEMBERSHIP
Do you want more out of your Membership? Why not consider becoming part of the exclusive Westonians? In addition to the great perks of this membership, the Westonians also raise a lot of money through fundraising initiatives throughout the year and are a vital part of your club.
Westonian Membership includes: • Club Membership
• Match Ticket - Either Season or Home
• Grandstand Seating
• Invitation to the Westonians Lounge at half time and post- match of every home game
Southern Car park pass • An exclusive name badge
Westonian Membership – Home Games Ticket $375
Westonian Membership – Season Ticket $420

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Great post, Jamo.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:21 am

Lee Harradine wrote:I think the members' packs are just about ready to go out.

As for car parks, we've lost the car park next to the club and now have to provide parking for the opposition club and staff, so I think parking will be restricted.

we're doing everything we can to maximise parking, with the help of a very co-operative Council, but we only have what we have.

Ok thanks Lee, I checked the website and I think I will leave it for this year.
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:I think the members' packs are just about ready to go out.

Surely the club should have to look after its own members in regards to car parking on match days before providing parking for the opposition

There are four clubs that don't have parking available as far as I can think of (Norwood, port, north and sturt) do we provide parking for them and if so why.
I know that our parking has been reduced but surely the opposition should miss out before our own members. An email to all clubs outlining our ruduction of car park surely would suffice.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Seriously where worrying about car parks now.

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Jamo wrote:Seriously  where worrying about car parks now.

I am not worried for myself Jamo as I get to the club on match days early enough to score a car park (around 10.45 am) but I do know people who's membership package from last year to this year has changed as far as a carpark is concerned, it is no longer a part of there membership.
It may not be a concern to those that can afford to splash out $450 a year for a Westonion membership, which includes a car park, but I am just pointing out that the club could be looking out for our own members before worrying about outsiders from other clubs.
If you think this is triviable then so be it, cheers for now .
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:00 pm

testy, I'll confirm what I'm saying in case I'm wrong, but I think we are obliged by the SANFL to make parking available to the opposition.

You aren't correct about those clubs you mentioned. I hand out the car parking tickets for our players for all grounds, Norwood is at the school, North on the western side outside the oval, Sturt I'm not sure but will find out and Port is at the car park area opposite the Port rooms.

Given those requirements, we can't promise more than we have.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:testy, I'll confirm what I'm saying in case I'm wrong, but I think we are obliged by the SANFL to make parking available to the opposition.

You aren't correct about those clubs you mentioned.  I hand out the car parking tickets for our players for all grounds,  Norwood is at the school, North on the western side outside the oval, Sturt I'm not sure but will find out and Port is at the car park area opposite the Port rooms.

Fair enough Lee, but those membership packages I have mentioned have been reduced in content but prices increased and supporters of the club on those packages have a right feel a little bit pissed off. No more said from me.
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Maybe that is the plan.

1. Give the loyal supporters less and charge them more.
2. Hope they don't renew their membership.
3. With reduced supporters we need less carparks.

Didn't someone say it costs 10 times more to get a new customer than to keep an old one. Makes no sense to me. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 421

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35 am

You make a fair point, testy, but it's difficult from a club point of view.

We constantly face a battle with declining revenues and increasing demands. We value our members, knowing they've been loyal for many years, usually.

It's a hard balancing act between giving value and asking our members to support the club, even when the value balance isn't quite there sometimes.

All I can promise you is that I will bring up your concerns at the next Board Meeting in a few week's time and get a reply from John Kantilaftas about members' pricing and the car parks.

You've been a loyal member for decades and members such as you are the backbone of the club.

I will say that clubs such as ours sometimes ask members what they cand do for the club, not what the club can do for them, but the balance has to be right.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:32 am

Lee to help address some concerns re value for money raised in this forum and probably across the broader member community, is it possible to share some info on how the WAFC members fees compare to other SANFL clubs?

Jamo, I would love to become a Westonian one day but only at a time when I have enough money to ensure the missus can't account for the $400😏
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks billrobs, I'll do my best.

With our fees, I vaguely remember the membership cost was reduced a year or two ago and has now been restored to what it used to be? Not sure, will check.

Just for interest, would members become a Westonian or similar if payments could be made automatically monthly?
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 am

I would become a Westonian member if you could pay it monthly for sure , it's frustrating as a single parent that I've never been able to afford more than a silver membership up front but desperately wanting to help more because you see the footy club you love struggling , bring on monthly payments it will give the club cash flow !!
westiesforever

Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Jamo wrote:Seriously  where worrying about car parks now.

It might be okay for you (as a young 25 year old Wink ) I am over 60, I've already had one total knee replacement and already been advised to have my other knee replaced. So having access to the car park was great for me Very Happy .

As I have already stated I don't mind having the membership fees raised but not at the cost of losing any benefits that were there.

As for being a Westonian, sure I would like to be one but the cost is not within my budget at this time.

I will still attend matches when I can, buying my ticket at the gate.
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:testy, I'll confirm what I'm saying in case I'm wrong, but I think we are obliged by the SANFL to make parking available to the opposition.

You aren't correct about those clubs you mentioned.  I hand out the car parking tickets for our players for all grounds,  Norwood is at the school, North on the western side outside the oval, Sturt I'm not sure but will find out and Port is at the car park area opposite the Port rooms.

I understand we are obliged to provide car parks for the opposition but I would certainly be very surprised with the opposition clubs providing us with the same number of car parks I have heard we allocate.

Is it a set number that each club has to provide?
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum