WEST v CROWS.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WEST v CROWS.

Post by Second Team on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Are we playing multiple players again this week.
Anyone know how bad Hardy's ankle is.
Is Beechy coming back in.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WEST v CROWS.

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:06 pm

Beechy will play, ST.

I believe Justin's ankle isn't too bad, but will check tomorrow.

Not sure how many we'll play, but I would think it won't be much more than the 21 or 22.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 698
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 am

Can someone clarify when this game is being played? This site shows it as Saturday; the club website article says it's Sunday, and the club website home page still shows our next trial is on February 27.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:46 pm

That's not good enough re the website, aldo.

I'll get it fixed if I can.

The game is Saturday at 10am, followed by the Reserves trial against the SAAFL.

Tonight our Under 16's play their first game for points after 4pm, followed by the Under 18 trial .
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks for that Lee.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 pm

It's not just our site either. The SANFL site article that lists the teams for round one says the Nwd v Sturt game is on Thursday April 3. It might be Thursday, and it might be April 3, but it can't be both.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:13 pm

It's all done to keep you on your toes Aldo. A good sleuth like you can also be led astray by confusing websites & dubious operators.

I agree the attention to detail needs improvement in 2 of the 3 examples you have given.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Lee I was wondering if there was going to be a team list provided for the League & Reserves before the trial against Adelaide on Saturday.

With the office being closed for Easter the website won't show anything so I thought you may be in a position to assist on this site. Even if there might be a couple of late adjustments it would be of interest to Bloods posters to see the players that are likely to start in the league side.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:43 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Sorry Theile I obviously didn't look hard enough. I have found it now. Thanx
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Sorry Theile I obviously didn't look hard enough. I have found it now. Thanx
No problem
Thiele

Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Good luck to Brad Dolling, playing his first game since his nasty injury and subsequent hospitalisation after the pre-Christmas trial against the Eagles.

Also named in the Reserves is defender Caleb Hart, from Alice Springs, for his first game with us.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:29 pm

The Bloods played a very satisfying & exciting trial today against the Crows. Attack on the footy & slick ball movement was outstanding.
The final score was WA 14.16 AFC 12.7

Once again the young brigade of Snelling, Agostino, Haysman, Watchman & Turner were very good but names like Josh Schiller & Aaron Anderson & Silverlock were also prominent. Will Snelling's workrate is very impressive & his ability to read the play at stoppages is outstanding. He brings a great deal of energy & excitement to the team.

Webby played his first league trial this season after a long & arduous rehab after early preseason operations. He took a little time to get into it but started to impose himself taking some good strong marks & kicking a couple of very relaxed balanced goals from set shots. He has been working hard on his kicking technique & looked far more composed when lining up.

Tucky played a dominant first half & showed he is ready for another good season. He is a gun.

Both Webby & Tucks came off at half time to be rested.

The game started with West kicking the first 2 goals with some great play but the Crows came back to kick the next 4. At this stage it looked like they were going to take control but Westies piled on 3 straight to take a one goal lead at the first break. 5 goals to 4.

The second quarter was a very even affair with many good passages of play by both sides. Half time score was WA 8.8. AFC 8.3.

Third quarter showed a very different lineup for West with several changes but we continued to play hard first in football to out score Adelaide. Three qtr time score WA 11.12 AFC 10.5.

The Crows had a strong side with Scott Thomson & James Podsiadly both playing. West had several players either rested or out for other reasons but most should be available for round one against the Eagles at Woodville. Those out were Schmidt (rested), Stevens (rested), Hartlett (flu), Caire (left out due to suspension for round one. He played reserves),Porps (thumb but should be ready for next game) & Hardy (ankle but progressing well, maybe round 2)

Overall our trial form has been good but today was a real test against a very fit & classy AFL listed side. One of the most pleasing things was our fitness. It definitely stood up as equal to the Crows who have endured a rigorous preseason under Phil Walsh. Just shows how our program has been excellent under new fitness coach Sean Baker.

Spread the word, we are playing an attacking style & are exciting to watch so come along and support the boys this year. You'll love it. The scribes have written us off as last but we may shock a few people if I am any judge.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum