ROUND 5

 :: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND 5

Post by testy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Can anyone come up with a believable explanation as to why we play Centrals on Sunday May 3 at 1.10pm at Richmond oval the same day as the showdown at Adelaide  oval. The Adelaide oval game is at twilight and won't start until after our game (about 1 hour) but why would we be happy to lose supporters to our game in favour of the AFL.
There are four other SANFL games on that weekend, one on the Friday night and 3 on the Saturday.
This is the perfect opportunity for our club to ask that that game be played on the Saturday.
avatar
testy

Number of posts : 243
Location : Golden Grove
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by Bloodntars on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:01 pm

The reason is because it is the tv game and they can lead it into the showdown.

Agree 100% with you though.
avatar
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by testy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Bloodntars wrote:The reason is because it is the tv game and they can lead it into the showdown.

Agree 100% with you though.

Thanks for your answer Bloodntars, but its not good enough IMO from the WAFC to agree with this.
I would have thought that WAFC have an obligation to its members to be looking at ways of attracting more people to our games and not partaking and being railroaded by some tv station who's only agenda is self promotion.
I am most disappointed by the club to go down this track, is the station going to compensate for the loss of gate takings on this day as more would attend the day before I am certain.

Also I must ask why was there no light beer on tap available after the game on Friday night, no bottled light either ? Perhaps the new Bar manager could please explain.



avatar
testy

Number of posts : 243
Location : Golden Grove
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:45 pm

The club has no say in the program times relating to TV, testy. As a club we are constantly discussing ways to attract fans to our games, but this is totally out of our control.

Other games this weekend also started at 1.10pm. We may not like it, but football at AFL and SANFL level is dictated to by TV.
avatar
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by bundy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:50 pm

testy wrote:
Bloodntars wrote:The reason is because it is the tv game and they can lead it into the showdown.

Agree 100% with you though.

Thanks for your answer Bloodntars, but its not good enough IMO from the WAFC to agree with this.
I would have thought that WAFC have an obligation to its members to be looking at ways of attracting more people to our games and not partaking and being railroaded by some tv station who's only agenda is self promotion.
I am most disappointed by the club to go down this track, is the station going to compensate for the loss of gate takings on this day as more would attend the day before I am certain.

Also I must ask why was there no light beer on tap available after the game on Friday night, no bottled light either ? Perhaps the new Bar manager could please explain.

.




With the RSA one would think it was a must at the club.
avatar
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Location : At my bar
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by Thiele on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 pm

testy wrote:Can anyone come up with a believable explanation as to why we play Centrals on Sunday May 3 at 1.10pm at Richmond oval the same day as the showdown at Adelaide  oval. The Adelaide oval game is at twilight and won't start until after our game (about 1 hour) but why would we be happy to lose supporters to our game in favour of the AFL.
There are four other SANFL games on that weekend, one on the Friday night and 3 on the Saturday.
This is the perfect opportunity for our club to ask that that game be played on the Saturday.
Just be thankful its not a 12.10 start like this weekend
avatar
Thiele

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by testy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:The club has no say in the program times relating to TV, testy. As a club we are constantly discussing ways to attract fans to our games, but this is totally out of our control.

Other games this weekend also started at 1.10pm. We may not like it, but football at AFL and SANFL level is dictated to by TV.

I know supporters from those clubs who started early this weekend that refused to go because of the early starts, if the traditional sanfl clubs can't grow some balls and demand that this stupid programming has to stop then I fear for the comp.
Just because it is the way it is doesn't make it right.


avatar
testy

Number of posts : 243
Location : Golden Grove
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by TAAARS on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:09 pm

I'm with you Testy! Of course we will soon be told we are just ungrateful wingers, and we should love the AFL reserves and  Chanel 7 because we need them. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 am

We can start at 2.10 with no televised games or we can start once or twice a year an hour earlier and be televised.

I'd rather the 2.10 start too, but I think our sponsors and our supporters who can't get to games would rather see us on TV than not.

As for this 'ungrateful' and 'whingers' business, you're the only one saying that, TAAARS.
avatar
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:11 pm

We also get revenue opportunities from sponsors for levering advertising income from the commercial telecasts so it is important to the club to conform to the Ch7 TV schedules for SANFL games or lose this critical income. In previous years on the ABC there was never the opportunity to even consider advertising revenue.

Surely an earlier start does give those supporters (of which there a quite a few) who want to go to the Showdown a better chance to attend both games if they choose.

Other clubs are also inconvenienced during the season at various times but all clubs get the opportunity to put in their first three programming priorities at the start of the season. Sometimes things don't work out ideally but it is a nightmare task for the SANFL to put together their fixture so that it minimises conflict with the AFL fixture & keep everyone happy.

It is a big juggling act but rest assured John KANTALAFTIS it right on top of this as best he can be with the constraints beyond his control.
avatar
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by testy on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Mypaspective wrote:We also get revenue opportunities from sponsors for levering advertising income from the commercial telecasts so it is important to the club to conform to the Ch7 TV schedules for SANFL games or lose this critical income. In previous years on the ABC there was never the opportunity to even consider advertising revenue.

Surely an earlier start does give those supporters (of which there a quite a few) who want to go to the Showdown a better chance to attend both games if they choose.

Other clubs are also inconvenienced during the season at various times but all clubs get the opportunity to put in their first three programming priorities at the start of the season. Sometimes things don't work out ideally but it is a nightmare task for the SANFL to put together their fixture so that it minimises conflict with the AFL fixture & keep everyone happy.

It is a big juggling act but rest assured John KANTALAFTIS it right on top of this as best he can be with the constraints beyond his control.

You have totally missed my point, we could have played the game the day before and still had those "revenue opportunities" and supporters who can't get to our game could have still seen us on tv.
I do understand the problems associated with programming but this is a no brainer to me, no sanfl game should be played same day as the hodown.


avatar
testy

Number of posts : 243
Location : Golden Grove
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Sorry Testy but that is exactly the issue. We couldn't have played the game the day before like you say due to the TV programming. You can't have revenue opportunities on the Saturday if Ch7 dictate when the game will be televised.

I know where you are coming from & understand your frustration but our club did not have the option of choice between the Saturday & the Sunday so we had to accept it.

Probably the vast majority of true blue Bloods supporters won't bother with the Showdown anyway & turn up at CMS. Let's hope so, the proof will be in the pudding won't it.
avatar
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 :: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum