:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WEST V Centrals.

Post by Second Team on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Thoughts for this week..

Webby out and Nelson in.
Tuck out and Milne in.
Watchman also a chance. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WEST V Centrals.

Post by dl550 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 pm

I don't have a problem with playing talented youth, particularly if they warrant it....but 3 of them per game??
There's one thing that talent can't bring that age can.......well actually 2.....that's experience and a strong body....
Would have thought Milnes performance over the past year since joining west and also Andersons experience and performance in the trials would warrant them a game. Also Newell's experience.....
Whilst I'm not knocking he performance of any of our kids - in the first 3 matches this year all of them have played great at various stages - I just think maybe 3 of them in the side at a given time might be too much???
It's also something to keep in mind over 18 matches of senior footy - how their body's are going to hold up???

I thought Francis looks extremely talented and has a huge future ahead - but there's a difference between playing senior footy and carving up an u/18s competition. The reality is that whilst some Of those u/18s will go on to be stars of the AFL, many of them won't even play senior footy. In league SANFL in key positions you have a lot of experienced players like Beard and Coad on the weekend...

Also there is a difference between being developed and having a big body for an 18 year old, compared to being a 23/24/25 year old and having a developed body with a few senior pre seasons and possibly even AFL pre seasons behind them. ....this is something to keep in mind with key position players....
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:45 pm

This is how I would like to see this weeks side:

F: Francis, Milne, Fielke
HF: Porplyzia, Willits, Green
C: Silverlock, Schmidt, Beech
HB: Helbig, Hartlett, Wasley-Black
B: Klemke, Kwough, Caire
R: Nelson, Schiller, Ezard
Int: Hill, Snelling, Stevens

In: Milne, Klemke, Nelson.
Out: Tuck, Webb, Haysman

Seen enough of Klemke the last 2 weeks to say he will be a handy key position defender. Francis to stay in the side and play forward while Milne to play permanent full forward.

Always liked the 3 tall forward and 3 tall defender scenarios as it gives you options especially if one goes down ie Webb last week.
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:39 pm

F;.. Beech,Middleton,Fielke
H/F.Green,Francis,Porps
C;..Schiller,Stevens,Silverlock
H/B. Helbig,Milne,Wasley Black
B;..Hartlett,Keough,Caire

R.. Willitts,Schmidt,Snelling

Int..,Nelson,Favretto,Hill

In;..Milne,,Nelson,Favretto,Middleton

Out.. Ezard,Haysman,Tuck,Webb
scorpion

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:42 am

USE HAVE ALL LOST IT.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:14 pm

It's very much my personal opinion, dl550, but I'm rapt that we're playing 3 youngsters each game. They've brought some pace, a lot of skill, huge pressure and great enthusiasm and the results have followed.

I agree that Milne should be in and he's selected this week, but I also think Francis is comfortably in our best 21, as are Haysman, Snelling and Agostino. We'll lose them all to the Under 18 State team for several weeks soon.

On zsunday, I hope to see some of our Reserves players make a case for them to be selected in the League team. I didn't see much of that last week.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Jamo what are u on!!!

Unless posters are able to have their opinion & pick teams as a bit of fun we may as well not have a forum.

Have another beer for me mate.

GO BLOODS. If we are at our best we will beat Centrals on Sunday.

Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Jamo wrote:USE HAVE ALL LOST IT.

The ewes are in the pasture Jamo. Very Happy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Jamo wrote:USE HAVE ALL LOST IT.

Pick a team LAMO. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Fri May 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Really great to see Justin Hardy back in the Ressies for Sunday. Hopefully he can get through the game OK & with Mason Middleton put more pressure on the League selectors.

Perhaps these are two of the bigger players that will give our forward line more potency once they are ready.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum