Today

 :: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Today Empty Today

Post by Coorong on Sun May 03, 2015 2:18 pm

Watching on TV my first game for a long long time, have to ask, why so many critics of Nelson?

He would be up in our best today.
Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32
Location : Meningie

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by dl550 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Coorong - Exactly.

Half time and once again we've been wasteful. Could have been at least 20 points up at half time. Instead some stupid turnovers and we go into the half time break only 9 points up. No excuse for players like Porplyzia missing from 30 meters out on 30 degree angle.
dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by billrobs1 on Sun May 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Today was the Best I have seen Nelson play for a long time and justifies his selection.
Just not sure of his prospects for a long term spot though. I think The days of the Dinosaur ruckman died out after the Madden brothers retired. Just looks a bit slow and clumsy and doesn't take all the marks he should. I will be very happy to eat my words though. Should play next week and I will be happy if he continues to play as well as he did today.
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by aldo russian on Mon May 04, 2015 10:31 am

I don't think ruckwork comes naturally to Nelson, but given that he's 6 foot 8 and can catch it and kick it, why not try to turn him into a permanent forward? There aren't many 6'8 defenders around and he could be very dangerous as a full forward or third tall forward. Obviously he will ruck now in Webb's absence, but if, as seems to be the case, the club thinks he's the third best ruckmen, and we lack tall forwards, then when Webb returns would it be worth pursuing?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 711

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by Bloodntars on Mon May 04, 2015 11:56 am

aldo russian wrote:I don't think ruckwork comes naturally to Nelson, but given that he's 6 foot 8 and can catch it and kick it, why not try to turn him into a permanent forward? There aren't many 6'8 defenders around and he could be very dangerous as a full forward or third tall forward. Obviously he will ruck now in Webb's absence, but if, as seems to be the case, the club thinks he's the third best ruckmen, and we lack tall forwards, then when Webb returns would it be worth pursuing?

I don't agree with making him a forward. Yes he can catch and kick but thats it. When the ball hits the ground he's gone. Hardy and Middleton should be in the next few weeks anyway.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon May 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Coorong wrote:Watching on TV my first game for a long long time, have to ask, why so many critics of Nelson?

He would be up in our best today.

Hi Coorong,

I thought Pete did a great job yesterday. He just needs to perform at that level consistently and yesterday was a really good start.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1043

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by aldo russian on Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Bloodntars wrote:

I don't agree with making him a forward. Yes he can catch and kick but thats it. When  the ball hits the ground he's gone. Hardy and Middleton should be in the next few weeks anyway.

How are Hardy and Wundke when the ball hits the ground?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 711

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by Bloodntars on Mon May 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Aldo, you are right. I should have put it a bit differently. Hardy and Wundke have the smarts. They have the ability to get into the right position to outbody their opponents. Nelson doesnt have that. Dont mind him pinch hitting up there though like yesterday.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by Mypaspective on Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm

As I said on another thread there were 4 different AFL club talent scouts at our game yesterday.

In fact one of them was one of our former champions, Boofa Morris. GEOFF works for Hawthorn.

Don't fool yourselves there is not a thing they don't already know about our young potential draftees that an U18 State carnival will enhance.

Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by Mypaspective on Mon May 04, 2015 6:03 pm

The above thread should have been entered under the U18 State Squad

Sorry guys.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by bundy on Mon May 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Forgiven. lol!
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 376
Location : At my bar
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 :: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum