Today

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Today

Post by Coorong on Sun May 03, 2015 2:18 pm

Watching on TV my first game for a long long time, have to ask, why so many critics of Nelson?

He would be up in our best today.
Coorong

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Today

Post by dl550 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Coorong - Exactly.

Half time and once again we've been wasteful. Could have been at least 20 points up at half time. Instead some stupid turnovers and we go into the half time break only 9 points up. No excuse for players like Porplyzia missing from 30 meters out on 30 degree angle.
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun May 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Coorong wrote:Watching on TV my first game for a long long time, have to ask, why so many critics of Nelson?

Yeh Lamo, what have you got to say now. Don't feel bad though mate, my two dogs know nothing about football either. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Sun May 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Today was the Best I have seen Nelson play for a long time and justifies his selection.
Just not sure of his prospects for a long term spot though. I think The days of the Dinosaur ruckman died out after the Madden brothers retired. Just looks a bit slow and clumsy and doesn't take all the marks he should. I will be very happy to eat my words though. Should play next week and I will be happy if he continues to play as well as he did today.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon May 04, 2015 10:31 am

I don't think ruckwork comes naturally to Nelson, but given that he's 6 foot 8 and can catch it and kick it, why not try to turn him into a permanent forward? There aren't many 6'8 defenders around and he could be very dangerous as a full forward or third tall forward. Obviously he will ruck now in Webb's absence, but if, as seems to be the case, the club thinks he's the third best ruckmen, and we lack tall forwards, then when Webb returns would it be worth pursuing?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Mon May 04, 2015 11:56 am

aldo russian wrote:I don't think ruckwork comes naturally to Nelson, but given that he's 6 foot 8 and can catch it and kick it, why not try to turn him into a permanent forward? There aren't many 6'8 defenders around and he could be very dangerous as a full forward or third tall forward. Obviously he will ruck now in Webb's absence, but if, as seems to be the case, the club thinks he's the third best ruckmen, and we lack tall forwards, then when Webb returns would it be worth pursuing?

I don't agree with making him a forward. Yes he can catch and kick but thats it. When the ball hits the ground he's gone. Hardy and Middleton should be in the next few weeks anyway.
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon May 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Coorong wrote:Watching on TV my first game for a long long time, have to ask, why so many critics of Nelson?

Hi Coorong,

I thought Pete did a great job yesterday. He just needs to perform at that level consistently and yesterday was a really good start.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Bloodntars wrote:

I don't agree with making him a forward. Yes he can catch and kick but thats it. When  the ball hits the ground he's gone. Hardy and Middleton should be in the next few weeks anyway.

How are Hardy and Wundke when the ball hits the ground?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Mon May 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Aldo, you are right. I should have put it a bit differently. Hardy and Wundke have the smarts. They have the ability to get into the right position to outbody their opponents. Nelson doesnt have that. Dont mind him pinch hitting up there though like yesterday.
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm

As I said on another thread there were 4 different AFL club talent scouts at our game yesterday.

In fact one of them was one of our former champions, Boofa Morris. GEOFF works for Hawthorn.

Don't fool yourselves there is not a thing they don't already know about our young potential draftees that an U18 State carnival will enhance.

Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon May 04, 2015 6:03 pm

The above thread should have been entered under the U18 State Squad

Sorry guys.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down