WEST V Norwood.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WEST V Norwood.

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Just docked in Alesund, Norway.
Lot of work to do. Postcard to ST, early draft of match teport for next game, trying to remember if I'm Lee Harradine, blackandred, redandblack or whatever.

Now off to the Bluff.......bugger, gave it away...
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Award winners back at the club were Jono Beech, Josh Schiller and the very much deserved Aaron Anderson. Schiller's effort to keep panos to just 15 possesions for the game (his average is 30 plus) was fantastic.
We played ordinary against South and won and played great footy against Norwood and lost.

testy

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Interestingly Panos hadn't had a kick to half time - just 10 handballs. His clearances were way down though.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 415

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Just need to remember that we lost, played well but lost. Don't want our club to become s group of "happy clappers"
brodlach

Number of posts : 232

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

We MUST win next week or the good work can be undone really quickly especially in such an even comp
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:34 am

A long time since I have seen Westies play, even longer since I have seen the Bloods flog Port at Richmond.

Looking forward to Saturday
Coorong

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Just seen the highlights and staggered that the holding the ball at the end of the game wasn't called. The Norwood guy just jumped on the ball while his teammate held it in making NO effort to get rid of it. The umpire was in the perfect position to see it. Any other time, at any other spot on the ground, that would have been paid holding the ball.

Glad to hear we took it up to Norwood and played really well. Not sure Helbig shouldn't have played if he was so crook.

Must win against Port this week and look forward to us taking it right up to them.
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:53 pm

The best league report by MM I've ever read.
LukeO9

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Bloodntars wrote:Just seen the highlights and staggered that the holding the ball at the end of the game wasn't called. The Norwood guy just jumped on the ball while his teammate held it in making NO effort to get rid of it. The umpire was in the perfect position to see it. Any other time, at any other spot on the ground, that would have been paid holding the ball.

Glad to hear we took it up to Norwood and played really well. Not sure Helbig shouldn't have played if he was so crook.

Must win against Port this week and look forward to us taking it right up to them.

Not only that, what about the off-the-ball shepherd of Hartlett? The Norwood player actually charges him, which is reportable, let alone a free kick. This sort of incompetence, which has gone on too long, will cost a club a premiership before too long.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:30 am

I wasn't at the game and had accepted the loss as a good effort, particularly as we were 4 goals down late. However, i have also just seen the highlights and now i feel cheated that we didn't get the draw. That is the most blatant holding the ball you will ever see. That was no different to the one they paid against South player last week in the last quarter on the wing (Veide i think it was ). It was holding the ball everyday of the week, diving on top of it, dragging it in, and no attempt to get it out.

Have to say though Aldo i can't agree about the Hartlett free kick - to me it looked like he dived....
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 am

Have another look dl550...if you pick out the Norwood player in the pack you can watch him make a beeline for Hartlett and take him out.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:01 pm

dl550 wrote:I wasn't at the game and had accepted the loss as a good effort, particularly as we were 4 goals down late. However, i have also just seen the highlights and now i feel cheated that we didn't get the draw. That is the most blatant holding the ball you will ever see. That was no different to the one they paid against South player last week in the last quarter on the wing (Veide i think it was ). It was holding the ball everyday of the week, diving on top of it, dragging it in, and no attempt to get it out.

Have to say though Aldo i can't agree about the Hartlett free kick - to me it looked like he dived....

Have to agree with Bloodntars and dl550 after watching the highlights it was definitely holding the ball decision that should have been paid to us. I know it doesn't make a difference now but surely we can ask the umpires coach whether holding the ball free should have been paid and if so the umpire needs to be told that he made a mistake.
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Only a Wolf Blass "financial contribution" could explain such a piss weak decision from the umpire at the end.

billrobs1

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Aldo - that's the thing - the umpire doesn't have the luxury of having another look. he has to make a call on the spot. I couldn't see it first time with the naked eye so i'm not suprised he couldn't.

Having said that - the holding the ball - was blatant, and he had a long time to analyse and pay that one. So that was the disappointing decision in my opinion, and that's totally looking at it without bias - if that was any match i was watching i would have said that was holding the ball.
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum