Bloods by 69pts in a really close game.
bundy

Number of posts : 285
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: North Adelaide's prospects

Post by testy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:23 pm

firstblood wrote:Back on topic v North... seems they have a few problems with injuries and suspensions, similar to what we usually have had in the last few years.
The new coach theory didn't work for them but i think it will still be a tough day out at Prospect on Saturday, hopefully with a win.

Time for the wolf to pounce on an injured rooster. Smile

Gee I really feel for them. Sad Lets all get along to there cow paddock and cheers our boys this week. A few ins for us and many outs for them sounds good to me. Very Happy
testy

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mailman on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:02 pm

all we have to do is win. does not matter by the margin if we win ugly so be it. but these games that we are expected to win are our danger games. prospect oval in recent matches have not been our happy hunting ground. i just want our postion on the ladder to be a true indication on where we really are. as i definately rate us as a top 3 finisher.
mailman

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 am

Will see you there.
bundy

Number of posts : 285
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Mark Beswick wrote:The AFL's payment for player development to the SANFL does not reward the effort our clubs put into development of zones.  The only thing we can hope for is that should any of these fine young men who are drafted not quite make it at the next level they return to our club with experience and passion in the future -  (Like Porplyzia, Silverlock etc...)

This is where the SANFL clubs need to push the Competition administrators for a fair and reasonable compensation for drafted players.
Is the SANFL just a breeding ground for talent supply to the AFL or a stand alone competition?
The first and most important job of any SANFL club is to win a premiership. It is in the interest of all clubs to raise the standard of the competition and try to regain the mantle as the second best competition after the AFL.
There are 2 ways to achieve success in the SANFL. Import Quality players from outside their own zones and develop those players or develop and nurture the talent available in their Zones.
The risk of course is that if the players play at a high level they are in risk of being drafted to the AFL from the club that has put in the hard yards to assist them in their development.
The Salary cap in the SANFL is in place to restrict clubs from just importing rather than development of their zones, however development of Juniors to draft does not assist in the main goal of winning a premiership.
Clubs that loose players to the Draft should be compensated and those that don't should not. The money for the drafted players should be allowed to go to the top up of the salary cap allowing the club to import, trade or maintain payments to its Senior players and "replace" the drafted player with Import or trade for that player.
The clubs that develop Juniors and Mature age players,but are lost to the AFL,will benefit by maintaining a stronger playing group through additional salary cap funds and those that don't will not.
It happens to all clubs so we are no different to an Eagles, Norwood etc but if a core group of Juniors come through our club destined to be drafted and not contribute to the aim of a premiership these players need to be replaced rather than some money thrown to the administration of the club.

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:49 pm

Sorry to go off topic....see you at the footy

Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Richmond Rocker wrote:Sorry to go off topic....see you at the footy

No problem at all, RR, it was a thoughtful and interesting post.

The club is strongly aware of the problems involved in us not only losing a number of lads to the draft, but also to 'trial' matches while they could be playing League football. We have made our thoughts clear on these issues and will strongly follow them up.

As for draft payments, the formula has changed now and every club receives $50K a year for drafted players, regardless of how many are drafted. After a period, there will be a top up payment to reward those clubs who have had more drafted.

Although that works against us this year, perhaps, over several seasons it evens out and allows us to budget with some certainty. I think the jury is out as to whether this is the right way to go or not just now.

Your other point is well made. We have to carefully consider the benefits and weaknesses of developing juniors and recruiting from interstate.

We're doing that constantly.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:17 am

Lee Harradine wrote:

We have to carefully consider the benefits and weaknesses of developing juniors and recruiting from interstate.

As a board member you can't be serious about his comment!!!!

What message does this send all involved with the current junior development program and the young lads playing in it???

The only way this club will have a successful and sustainable future is if it develops young players. Collins clearly Believed in this.

Let's get our head out of the balance sheet for just a moment.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:09 pm

I think Lee was getting at from a WHOLE SANFL perspective - meaning the SANFL has to look at how we collectively can get better deals for losing juniors and compensation. Maybe returning juniors should be subject to a very high club transfer fee when they return so SANFL clubs cant inflate player prices when they return? All sorts of discussions like this are not off the table. I know Lee as the rest of the board are committed to our junior programme which now includes the Mallee and Riverland Academies. Some times things don't read the way we intend - I know Lee is passionate about the Juniors and argues strongly for the whole football department. Hope that makes sense Billrobs.
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Well done to the boys today to win at Prospect by such a margin. It has traditionally been a graveyard for us so it was terrific to get a strong win in the end.

Although we were all nervous after the terrible lapse in the third qtr they regrouped at 3/4 time like a good side should to come out with the intensity of the first half & kick 8 goals to 1 in the last stanza.

Perhaps they thought it was all over at half time with North only kicking 1 goal in a half of footy. This obviously won't do against the other top sides but I guess we won't be in that position against those sides either.

I'll take a 13 goal win at Prospect any day of the week.

Well done Kane Stevens, Porps, Schmidty, Harts & Shiller with special mention to both Fielks & Greeny, outstanding 9 goal haul between them.

It is going to be difficult with a traffic jam at the top of the ladder but we must be aiming for the top 3 for that double chance.

Bring it on. GO BLOODS!!!!!!!
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Billrobs, I didn't put that very well. My point was that we want our juniors playing league football, not Under 18 trial matches. I'm absolutely passionate about developing juniors and I attend Under 18 games regularly, as well as going to our country zones to keep up to date with our juniors.  They are our lifeblood.

I can guarantee you that I take every opportunity to push for our juniors to play senior football and take pride in just how many lads have debuted this year.

As you know, I was a big supporter of Andy Collins and his junior development.

Your comment about getting our head out of the Balance Sheet is unfair, as I have always put fotball before finances, as anyone who reads my posts over many years will attest.

Hope that explains things.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:42 pm

What great games today by 2 players in particular. Kaine Stevens was superb and Jason Porplyzia was sublime.

I'll write more later, but off now to the Gala Auction.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:

Your comment about getting our head out of the Balance Sheet is unfair, as I have always put fotball before finances, as anyone who reads my posts over many years will attest.

Hope that explains things.

I understand Lee. I probably overreacted. Just feel strongly about the importance of juniors.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:16 am

No problem, mate, agree about that.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2