Bloods v Bays match report

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bloods v Bays match report

Post by blackandred on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:14 pm

For much of this game it looked as though Westies would lose a tight match so the final score, WA 14.12, Bays 9.6, was no indication of the overall contest.It was a game of two halves for the Bloods: hopeless in the first half tending to brilliant at the finish.

At Q time the score was WA 3.1, Glenelg 2.0. In the second Q the Bays shut us down completely with tight defensive and physical play. For the third week in a row we failed to score a goal in a Q of footy. Kept in the game by the solid defence of Hartlett and Francis we would pump the ball forward only to be completely outplayed by a much improved Glenelg backline. We turned the ball over, played from behind, gave away silly frees and couldnít take a grab forward of centre. The Bays kept an open forward line whereas ours was crowded and our only score was a soccered behind.
Half time WA 3.2, Gl 4.2.

Kicking with the aid of a strong crosswind it was important that we hit the front in the third Q as the Bays would come home with the wind. We were playing better footy but we still seemed to be working harder for our 4 goals in heavy traffic while the Bays kept a more open forward line and looked dangerous when the ball dropped over the defensive pack. 3Q time WA 7.8, Gl 6.3 and it was anyones game.

The final Q saw us dominating the centre and run the ball quickly forward. Beech has worked his way into the game and took some telling marks. Stevens was running down from the centre and looking dangerous. Schiller, Snelling and Haysman were in everything and they bought Porplyzia into the game as we stormed forward to create scoring chances. The Bays added 3 goals but had run their race as we slammed thru 7 in a dominant display of offensive footy. The longer the game went the better we got to the point we booted 3 goals between the 24 and the 27 minute marks of this last Q,

Stevens was probably our best. 24 possessions, 5 marks, 6 tackles and 4 goals. Not bad from a midfielder. Schiller was terrific again. He seemed to cramp up late in the game. Not suprising considering his workrate. Schmidt and Porplyzia were influential when it counted and Aaron Anderson played a key role. Beech kicked 4, 3 of these came in the last Q. He struggled to stay in the game early but was brilliant when it counted. Hartlett and Francis were key players early when we were struggling against the Bays game plan. We are a better team with Haysman and Snelling playing and the former was especially damaging late in the game. Middleton did some good things. He is a ruckman who can take a strong mark and we donít have a lot of those!

Port Power reserves losing to Norwood today was important to us maintaining that crucial third place.

The 2s went down 12.14 to 8.13 after leading at 3Q time. Milne, Ezard and Nelson didnít stake any claims for recall.
blackandred

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bloods v Bays match report

Post by dl550 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Really happy with the way we finished again today, was great to see. We just need to keep moving the ball like that more consistently. If we can play 4 quarters like that we can beat anyone. The 18s boys were great, hopefully they can maintain their form as the season goes on and their bodies won't tire.

Again unhappy with a scoreless quarter though - anyone else getting worried about this?
Our Accuracy in kicking is also a concern.

As side notes:

- Black and Red and Lee are the same person???!! or?!! I haven't figured it out yet! Very Happy Laughing

- Would it have been better for us if Port and Norwood played out a draw? Can't make sense of that ladder!

dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:24 pm

I think for the rest of the season we just play 4 last quarters instead of the usual individual quarters. Our problems solvered! Very Happy
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Yes it is a little concerning but we did win 3 quarters on the scoreboard & whoever is in front at the end of 100+ minutes wins.

The Bay's have improved a great deal (as there last 2 games have demonstrated) so I am very happy with a win today regardless of the respective positions on the ladder.

I thought Hardy's effort in ruck to hit the ball to space in the last qtr allowed our mids to run onto the ball instead of being tackled under the ruck contests as usually happens. Perhaps this should be tried more often.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:14 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:12 pm

dl550, I have enjoyed blackandred's match reports for years, whether I've been at the game or overseas.

I'm glad you asked whether we're the same person, as 1 or 2 think we are.

I note b&r posted his lengthy report at 6.14pm. At that time I was watching presentations with 100 witnesses. I then had dinner at the club, with another 20 witnesses.

Won't stop my mate Second Team thinking we are the same, but there you go.

PS: Where is ST? I also enjoy his random thoughts each week.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:

PS: Where is ST? I also enjoy his random thoughts each week.

Presumably he's waiting to have one.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:27 pm

That was an important win in what many people classified a danger game. We're an interesting side - the way we play it seems that we're never really out of a game, but never really secure in one either.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Exactly. There's always a calm air of determination at 3/4 time, but it would be nice to get on top early more often.

I'm really enjoying the weekly emergence of Kaine Stevens as a elite midfielder. He had a good first year, but it takes time to adjust and he's done that now. We haven't had a prolific goal-scoring midfielder for some time and he adds breakaway clearance ability to also being abother zcoring option for us.

Jono Beech is a gun.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:32 pm

If you can submit a match report from a cruise ship in the Arctic Circle surely you could do the same from the clubrooms. The're not called smart phones for nothing!!
blackandred

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Exactly Lee, that is how you do it Very Happy
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:25 pm

blackandred wrote:If you can submit a match report from a cruise ship in the Arctic Circle surely you could do the same from the clubrooms. The're not called smart phones for nothing!!

They're smart phones, but anyone who has seen me trying to text on a phone knows it would take me 2 hours to text that lot Very Happy

Signed; blackandred.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Oops, I meant:

Signed: redandblack

(Think I got away with it)
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Cummon you've got plenty of spare time Lee.

Finance Director, Team Mgr, Forum Administrator, Poster, O/S Traveller & general dogs body at you're beloved Bloods.

It's a wonder you have ever got a minute or two to run your accountancy business & earn a living.

Or does Jenny do that??????

Mypaspective

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Got it in one, MP.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Missing ST and his different views. Can only guess he is sick of being discredited on the basis he is not a volunteer????
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Come on guys enough of patting each other on the back.
bundy

Number of posts : 289
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:33 am

From the Recovery Session, Snelling's goal was a cracker. And Hardy's ruckwork set up quite a few goals.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum