The Run Home

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Run Home

Post by billrobs1 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
Second Team wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:If you say so. It's the risk you take by being open about what you do at our club and communicating it to members and posters.

Its volunteer time. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Several posters here volunteer, ST.  Despite your cynicism, we do it for the love of our club, our first and only team and we see no reason to hide it even if we could, because we're all proud to help the Bloods in any way we can and we enjoy it.

I also think it's time for both of us to move on.

The best thread for weeks!!
Passionate posters with different views.....isnt that what a forum is all about?
I dont interpret ST's comments as being negative to volunteers but rather other posters have attempted to discredit his/her views on the basis I assume he/she is not a volunteer.
BTW...I'm definetely not qualified to make sweeping comments re selection but I agree with comments relating to Brucey's selection.....he must play.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Got to agree with ST too. The none selection of Willits was not a good one. His ruck work is ok but his voice and presence on the ground is under rated.

ST is also right that at times it comes across that unless you volunteer at the club your opinions are not correct. ST opinions are s little different to the norm but are just as valuable as everyone else on here.

Certainly cannot afford to lose to Sturt this week. Willits in th ruck, Hardy at FF and Middleton starting on the bench
brodlach

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 am

I agree with Willits in the ruck & Hardy at full forward but I would have Middleton at centre half forward & Tuck in the mid field.
The team selection against the Crows was mystifying. Surely the selectors knew that the Crows had a team of tall players - at least 3 players over 200 cm & yet we went in so undersized? Willits should have played & a case could have been made for selecting Nelson as well with Hardy & Middleton in the key forward positions. Horses for courses!
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Mypaspective wrote:ST I don't think any other club including Port would have beaten Adealaide with the side they had in on Sunday. That is the strongest team (18 listed AFL players) they have put on the field since they joined the comp. I think Brad Crouch is the only player on their list not playing at the moment.

Let's hope they continue their form against Norwood, South & Sturt over the next 3 rounds. They will no doubt have a big say in the shape of the final 5 with their current strength which will also impact our position on the final ladder. The next few weeks are the times we should be pleased they are in the comp. when they may actually help us with our ultimate goal.

I believe we have the team to beat both Sturt & Norwood at home to consolidate our position.

GO BLOODS.
Hearin lays the problem. What if they don't?
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:46 pm

And what if we play them in a Final ?
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2