Posters' Support Needed

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posters' Support Needed

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:32 am

The Club will be updating members about our recent finance restructure soon.

Separately, we still need the help of members and supporters to continue our progress. Funds are still tight and we're looking ahead to our needs over the next year.

There are several areas we need to budget for, but the most pressing are improvements to our clubrooms and money for recruiting and transfer fees, etc.

We're well aware that it's often the same loyal people who dip in to help the club through difficult times, but we're now aiming for the top and our emphasis now is to ask our supporters to join us as part of the West Adelaide family to take us to another level of success on and off the field.

Before long, our website will be able to accept one-off donations and also regular (say) monthly pledges of any amount, SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PURPOSE YOU WANT IT TO BE USED FOR.

In other words, you might want to pledge an amount monthly to be used only for recruiting, or only forclubroom upgrades.

Enough people donating $10 a month would make a huge difference to us, more than $10 a month obviously would be much appreciated, but whatever you can give would greatly help towards another recruit or other improvements.

The Recruiting Committee works hard to identify recruits, but the club is often limited by funds to secure them. We're also restricted by the salary cap, but we work within that.

Any donation, however small, will make you part of our drive to the top and you will be kept right up to date as to what we are achieving through this initiative.

Letters will be sent to all members in due course and will be published here.

We know the club has to often ask for funds and we wish we didn't have to, but we still acknowledge the role this forum played in recruiting Brad Mangan a few years ago and we can achieve a lot again now.

Wait until the website is ready for this, but I would be grateful for any feedback now, for or against the initiative.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Posters' Support Needed

Post by whispy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:49 am

Don't want to sound negative here , but as i recall a lot of members donated money to recruit Brad Mangan, although a very good player, he only stayed for a year and those who donated to help recruit him might feel a bit pissed off. What guarantee can you give to those who might want to donate to help recruit players that they will stay for the long term not just 12 months?
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:34 am

None, whispy, new recruits are usually signed for 2 years, there's no guarantee with any player after that.

We did win a Foxtel Cup that year and finished top 3 and Brad was good value.

You're not being negative, you make a fair point and I appreciate the feedback.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:43 am

Fair call R&B
Cheers.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Recruiting has an element of a lottery about it, but I don't think anyone could have foreseen the personal circumstances (if I remember correctly) that led Mangan to return to Melbourne.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 618315 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Would love to support this initiative.

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:39 pm

I will be donating to recruiting with in reason.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum