Bloods v Roosters match report

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bloods v Roosters match report

Post by blackandred on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Andy Collins has done wonderful work at our club over the past 6 years and put us in a position where we demand respect from the competition and he deserves the thanks and appreciation of us all. Without doubt he leaves the club in much better shape than when he arrived.

However, there are a number of glaring deficiencies in the way we currently play the game that he must take responsibility for and they were all on display at Footy Park today. Firstly, we lack forward options and scoring strategies. Jonno Beech is the only genuine forward in the team but he needs to be part of a group of goal-kickers. Secondly, we lack discipline. We continue to backchat the umpires and gift scoring chances to our opponents through 25m and 50m penalties. Our defensive style is far too inflexible, not to mention unattractive, and we strangle ourselves and limit our scoring opportunities. Finally, in 6 years the coach has been unable to develop a plan to beat Norwood.

Poynton and Schiller played, Nelson and Homburg didnít. We started with Hartlett at FF and Fergy CHF but both of these quickly went back leaving Lewis Johnstone loose in defence in what was possibly a match-winning move by the North coach. North hit the post 3 times in the 1Q and in the first half Max Thring did his hammy and Shannon was on one leg in goal resulting in a lack of rotations for the Roosters on a hot September afternoon.

The first Q saw us go forward on plenty of occasions and it was good to see us create scoring chances, unlike last week. We went inside 50 14 times. 1Q NA 2.6, WA 2.4.

In the second there was a period of ten to fifteen minutes when the game descended into a defensive slog mainly on the eastern flank of the Roosters fwd line. North broke the deadlock by adding 4 gls including the lame Shannon outmarking Caire in the goalsquare. We couldnít score a goal until the 23min mark and when Beech kicked a left footer through at the 27 min mark we were still in touch. Half time NA 6.8, WA 4.5.

The 3Q saw North move away adding 4.4 to our paltry 2.3 as North out-tackled and out-ran us on the large ground. We fell into error and made poor decisions such as Tippett targeting the injured Shannon causing a free and a North goal. 3Q NA 10.12, WA 6.8

The last Q was played without any atmosphere as the result was then beyond doubt and Westies looked to have given up. This was possibly the greatest low point of all to our club that has played so well at times in 2013 but so badly in the last 2 games. Hartlett got reported again for a haymaker. This guy is such a poor contributor and it is hard to think of one positive contribution he has made in the past 2 weeks. North booted 6 goals, not bad for a team that were, effectively 2 short. We added 2 late goals to maintain our Q by Q average of 2 goals. Final score NA 16.16, WA 8.6.

Umpiring was immature and, as usual went against us 20 to 13. We were out-tackled 46 to 32 and had 36 fewer marks. We got belted in ruck 57 to 35 because Webb had little or no support.

Itís time to move on. A new coach, new game plan, hopefully recruit some forwards. The future of the club rests with players like Keogh, Poynton, Kirk, Schiller, Bonney, Rankin and Homburg. Thanks Andy. Bring on 2014.

blackandred

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bloods v Roosters match report

Post by scorpion on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Well said B & R
scorpion

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Well said B&R

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by captainblood on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:46 am

Yep nothing to add really, lack of rucks was perplexing and the inability to let go of plus one in our defence and man up Johnstone was another head scratcher. Season done and dusted.

captainblood

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Hartlet has accepted a 3 game ban for striking.
firstblood

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Hartlett needs to decide whether he wants to play SANFL footy next year.
Considering he is †part of our leadership his continued brain fades are totally unacceptable
He deserves 3 weeks

Lift your game Adam
Lachlan

Number of posts : 447

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Random thoughts.

1. Collins not going to presentations last night and probably not going to the best and fairest is weak.
2. Teams that have a average backline and a gun forward line win more often than not.
3. Collins saying he had forwards for next year but now they will be following him is offensive. Especially if you are talking about a Bulldogs defender and a B graders brother.
4. Boys looked tired yesterday and I think the foxtel cup took its toll.
5. People said that training was average at best on Tuesday and Thursday. You play like you train.
6. Skills, skills, skills. Our inability to hit targets is our main problem in games and has not improved in 6 years.
7. Some triers at the club that don't have the skills need to be moved on.
8. Trying †to get a meal at the club last night was hard. Whoever is in charge of the staff should resign. Hospitality is not that hard. Look after the people that are trying to give the club money.
9. Our list is very good and a lot of the problems we have on the field have now left. If someone else tells me how far we have come in the last 6 years I will throw up.
10. New direction, new ideas and a few new players will quickly improve the club and get some respect back that we need. Its all there we just need the new coach to get it out.ShockedShockedShocked
Second Team

Number of posts : 426

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:50 pm

I did not go yesterday as I had other commitments and felt that we were done a few weeks back. The result was as expected, especially when you someone like Hartlett as second ruck!!
I think that Andy Collins has done quite a good job overall, but his match day coaching still remains lacking as does team selection at times. he leaves us in much better shape but then again, after 6 years that would be expected. The big concern going forward and based on some comments he has made, players are signing for Andy or to play for West Adelaide??
I really feel that the way he has conducted himself since resigning to be disrespectful to his current players and club at times and he has made comments in the media which I think would have affected the team morale and certainly not have contributed to us going all the way this year.
†The time for a change is here and I for one embrace this.
I came back to Adelaide after 3.5 years abroad and must admit that I have not enjoyed watching us play this year. Poor skills by foot and hand, no forward structure and a lack of pace as exposed yesterday combined with a negative, defensive game plan are not good viewing.
The best team won yesterday. The fact our reserves, and U18's dropped off so badly highlight that we still lack depth. But, the lack of AFL players while hurting us this year, I think will hold us in good shape going forward compared with teams like Sturt or the Eagles who have usually 6-7 AFL players.
I would like to see ken McGregor given the job, like what he has done at Port this year and feel that we would make strides (and be better to watch) with him at the helm.
loppy19

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Very early I know, but any ideas on who we will lose from the squad:
Have heard Slattery, Fergy to go home and many undecided??????
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Second Team wrote:Random thoughts.

1. Collins not going to presentations last night and probably not going to the best and fairest is weak.
2. Teams that have a average backline and a gun forward line win more often than not.
3. Collins saying he had forwards for next year but now they will be following him is offensive. Especially if you are talking about a Bulldogs defender and a B graders brother.
5. People said that training was average at best on Tuesday and Thursday. You play like you train.
6. Skills, skills, skills. Our inability to hit targets is our main problem in games and has not improved in 6 years.
8. Trying †to get a meal at the club last night was hard. Whoever is in charge of the staff should resign. Hospitality is not that hard. Look after the people that are trying to give the club money.
9. Our list is very good and a lot of the problems we have on the field have now left. If someone else tells me how far we have come in the last 6 years I will throw up.
10. New direction, new ideas and a few new players will quickly improve the club and get some respect back that we need. Its all there we just need the new coach to get it out.ShockedShockedShocked
We have eaten at the club for the entire final series and have had no problems whatsoever with the service or the people who are in charge.

Since the new management of the dining room took over it has improved 100%
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 pm

testy wrote:
Second Team wrote:Random thoughts.

We have eaten at the club for the entire final series and have had no problems whatsoever with the service or the people who are in charge.

Since the new management of the dining room took over it has improved 100%
Well it must have been a complete shambles before.
On Saturday night we asked for a table with another group of people. The girl had no idea if any tables were spare in the dining room. The other group set up a table of 8 themselves and we went into the Sturt Pea room which looks terrible and got a table from the back of the room ourselves. We then ordered our food and got our food but had to ask 3 times for cutlery. There was bugger all people there and staff really had no idea. If we had won and it was was packed what would have happened. No one was in charge.
The week before we got the same deal as well. Food nice service crap.ShockedShockedShocked
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 pm

The Restaurant was booked out by people who had reserved a table,

The Sturt Pea room was set up for the players and staff to enjoy a meal together after the last game.

Tables in that room were made available as a goodwill gesture, I presume. It's not usually available for meals for patrons.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Your usual end-of-season call for sackings of the coach, staff and volunteers, ST?

redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Dont think anything that ST has said is not correct R&B
brodlach

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:12 pm

redandblack wrote: Your usual end-of-season call for sackings of the coach, staff and volunteers, ST?
Would have thought that was a bit juvenile even for you. I would think that making money out of getting people back to the club was a smart move by the club. Maybe that's why we are a little bit short of money. Maybe we can make up for it with the money boxes they gave out on the night and asked to fill and hand back.ShockedShockedShocked
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Did you book a table in advance?
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Yes. I booked it six months ago. I didn't want to be one of those supporters that just went back to the club for a drink to watch pressos and then got hungry. I hate those guys.ShockedShockedShocked
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:34 am

So, it was booked out and they did you a favour by finding a spot instead of just turning you away.

In return, you call for someone to be sacked.

redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:59 am

redandblack wrote: Your usual end-of-season call for sackings of the coach, staff and volunteers, ST?
1. The coach is gone . Get over it. He had a 2 year offer on the same pay and turned it down.
2. Service at the club has been crap for years. Cold pies, crap coffee and poor service in the dining room. †These are the reasons we are in the financial position we are in.
3. The only volunteers I have a problem with are ones that think they are so far above everyone else. I can only think of one .
4. Please stop reading my PRIVATE MESSAGES on this site. I don't think that is fair and I don't think other posters would appreciate it either.
5. Talk to the hand. Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 am

Second Team wrote:
1. The coach is gone . Get over it. He had a 2 year offer on the same pay and turned it down.
2. Service at the club has been crap for years. Cold pies, crap coffee and poor service in the dining room. †These are the reasons we are in the financial position we are in.
3. The only volunteers I have a problem with are ones that think they are so far above everyone else. I can only think of one .
4. Please stop reading my PRIVATE MESSAGES on this site. I don't think that is fair and I don't think other posters would appreciate it either.
Punchy, i can guarantee you that no one and that includes the Admins and moderators here, can read yours or any other members private PM's, unlike another site we know. Very Happy
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Second Team wrote:
I'm used to your personal abuse and I'm used to your constant whinging, but I expect an apology for your incorrect and disgraceful statement about me reading Private Messages.
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Isn't this the topic????????Bloods v Roosters match report
bundy

Number of posts : 289
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 pm

redandblack wrote:
Second Team wrote:
I'm used to your personal abuse and I'm used to your constant whinging, but I expect an apology for your incorrect and disgraceful statement about me reading Private Messages.
Well come and see me when HELL FREEZES OVER. Brave man behind the keyboard. Not so brave when I am sitting next to you in the stand. Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:01 pm

firstblood

Back to top Go down