WEST V Norwood.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WEST V Norwood.

Post by billrobs1 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Mypaspective wrote:All I ever do is try my hardest to remain positive at all times billrobs whilst many posters were writing us off after the poor performance against South.

No worries Myp. I dont believe there are any posters on this forum who are not constructive in their comments and there are not any being deliberately negative.

It is impossible to remain positive on every issue at every moment of the season. We were crap against South and the coaching staff and players deserved a spray....now they deserve praise.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

All cool Billrobs.

I know we are all here for a common purpose.

Well done for being so passionate.

That applies to everyone on this forum otherwise they wouldn't bother.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm

This has turned into a love in. Harden up, we have a premiership to win. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:21 pm

I thought u might come in with that ST.

Was just trying to be amenable.

Will return to my usual ways now so watch out.

Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by mailman on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:05 pm

we finally have broken the norwood hoodoo.with two great matches against them this year. will admit i was negative after they kicked the first 4 goals of the match. but once we applied pressure they succumed like a ordinary side. do not think they are as good as in previous years but it was very rewarding to be able to send there supporters home with their tails between there legs for a change. still think we need to start or hold the opposition quieter in the first quarter otherwise in finals we might be done in first quarter. which this group of players do not not deserve as they fight all matches out till the end. hope eagles pick a good side against norwood and do not rest players.having said that all we have to do is beat port and we control our position on the ladder.lastly but not least congratulations to the b side for winning for jimmy and themselves
mailman

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:38 pm

Good stuff, MP and Billrobs, it makes a great forum.

What a great game, after the bad start and being such a drought against Norwood.

Still stoked.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:25 am

The recovery session, West v Norwood highlights start at about 18.15.

firstblood

Number of posts : 276
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 113 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:26 pm

20:10 - gold Laughing

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:44 pm

We are informed by spellcheck on tfsa that that is our biggest winning margin over Norwood in 15 years, and our 4th biggest ever.
I still don't quite know what to expect from our guys from one week to the next but our best is pretty handy.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 415

Back to top Go down

Post by fencesitter on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Yep didn't see that performance coming especially after the South declarable. Still dont think you should bring a young kid in for 1 game then turf him the next. Wouldn't of played Homburg as his foot skills are poor. Francis is available this week so it will be interesting to see what Mickan does. Port will be tough but if they play like that again it should be a formality.
fencesitter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:36 pm

It's an interesting one, fencesitter. I agree that, generally speaking, players shouldn't be brought in for one game.

Bonner basically came in because Chris Schmidt wasn't available. Nick Homburg had been BOG in the Reserves for several weeks and perhaps plays a different role in the coach's structure. He possibly replaced Hugh Haysman, who tesponded wonderfully by being best for the Reserves.

Good losition to be in right now. Webb, Klemke & Haysman were all good in the Ressies and Francis is available
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:30 am

To give an indication of how slow our start was against Norwood, after 12 minutes of the first quarter we'd had a combined total of 5 kicks and hadn't taken a mark.
At the 15 minute mark we'd had 9 kicks and one mark. We certainly lulled them into a false sense of security.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 415

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:45 am

Well I didn't expect that result especially after our game against South! I certainly hope we can continue playing like that this week and during the finals.

beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 am

Yes Aldo our slow starts are far too frequent. We won't know what to do if we get off to a 6 or 7 goal flyer.

It might work in reverse & find that the guys get mentally comfortable & relax, letting the opposition work harder to come back at them. We r usually the ones doing that so I don't know how we would handle it.

As long as we are in front after 100mins.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by fencesitter on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:56 am

Lee Harradine wrote:It's an interesting one, fencesitter. I agree that, generally speaking,  players shouldn't be brought in for one game.

Bonner basically came in because Chris Schmidt wasn't available. Nick Homburg had been BOG in the Reserves for several weeks and perhaps plays a different role in the coach's structure. He possibly replaced Hugh Haysman, who tesponded wonderfully by being best for the Reserves.

Good losition to be in right now. Webb, Klemke & Haysman were all good in the Ressies and Francis is available

Do the statisticians keep efficiency numbers Lee? Would love to know the % that Homburg achieved against Norwood. Think you can add Brind & Bonner's names to the above as they both played well. Webb was good but his defensive acts were non existent, good signs though as Norwoods B's had a strong back 6. I'd play him in the 2's again this week then bring him in for the first final.....possibly.
fencesitter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Yes, they do, fs and the coaches study them closely, not only for selection purposes, but for the player's own development. Nick is working hard on that part of his game. He's got a real talent for getting the footy and if he matches his disposal to that, he'll be a really good player for us at senior level.

I'm not surprised about Jaydn Brind. Been watching him for some time and he played well in the 18's finals last year, as well as winning the medal at the School's final last week. He has some chance of being drafted, but if he doesn't, he'll be a likely senior players next year. Riley Bonner needs some development yet, IMO, but is a huge talent and will definitely be drafted very early, probably top 20 or better.

Webby was pretty good last week. I take your point about defensive action, but that might be more to do with lack of game time, as I know his tackling stats at League level are in the top few over his career, far more than you'd expect from a player his size.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum