Bloods v Dogs Preliminary Final match report

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Bloods v Dogs Preliminary Final match report

Post by blackandred on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Inspired by the desperation and desire of Travis Tuck, Westies dominated the Preliminary Final against Centrals today at Adelaide oval and ran out easy winners, WA 15.8 to CD 6.9.

All the injuries of the past few weeks meant nothing as the team came together to dominate the contest from the first bounce. Riley Milne proved the ideal replacement for Hartlett, Jadyn Brind, in his first game, showed amazing maturity. Jack Agostino, replacing Logan Hill, was cool and efficient.

With Fielke out and Shannon Green not providing his usual scoring avenue, our goals came from unlikey sources. Nick Homburg kicked 3. Middleton and Brind 2 apiece to show the amazing flexibility in this team and its ability to create scoring chances. Webb, Tuck and Beech also kicked 2 goals apiece.

For a change Westies won the first Q and held the Dogs goalless. They were dominating the centre square with Willets and Webb getting first touch of the ball. 1Q WA 4.5 CD 0.2.

More of the same in the second, increasing our lead with Tuck kicking 2 in a 5 goal Q and at the long break we were looking good leading 9.7 to 2.3.

After half time Centrals threw everything at the Bloods. They might have narrowly won this Q but we were able to withstand their best efforts and our half time lead of 46pts was only reduced by 8pts to 38. 3Q time WA 11.8, CD 5.6.

Westies dominated the last Q starting with a goal in the opening minute. Centrals were done and dusted and only managed a single major late in the Q while we added 4 straight. We were able to out-muscle them in the stoppages and stop any attempts they made to break free.

The Dogs were unable to shut us down as the Eagles did last week and we were allowed to play our running, attacking, play -on, quick handball game to great affect.

Travis Tuck may not have been our best player but he was the inspiration for this wonderful win. What a pleasure it must be for a young player to have a guy like this helping you out. He chased, harassed, bullocked his way through packs and kicked a couple of goals for good measure. Kaine Stevens was probably our best for his tireless efforts, for his clearance work and his consistency across 4 Qs.

Mason Middleton put his poor effort last week behind him. He took 7 marks, kicked 2 goals and did his share of ruck work. Special mention to Ryan Willets who was our main man in ruck. He played a blinder of a last Q where he took most of his 7 marks, laid a few tackles and filled in as an important link man in our forward moves. Helbig, Haysman and Snelling put in great efforts in an even team display.

Helbig (4 marks), Caire(3), Milne(Cool and Keough(6) were impassable down back.

Brind, Agostino and Helbig received heavy knocks during the match and spent time on the bench as a result.

We should get players back for the GF next week and the selectors will have their work cut out next Thursday night.

The Eagles will rightfully start favourites but their U18s lost the big one earlier today after being top all year.

Go the Bloods!
blackandred

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bloods v Dogs Preliminary Final match report

Post by Thiele on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Great effort today by the boys. Its dare to dream time. Go Bloods

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:13 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:38 pm

So proud to be a Westies fan today. I'd have to say that would be one of the best wins i've seen in my lifetime as a bloods supporter ( 20 odd years).

I got called into work at half time! Sad but what i saw in the first half was amazing. I've never seen a bloods team play so clean and move the ball so fast and accurately. About the only thing that could have improved was our finishing/goal kicking and we could have put them away earlier!

If anyone taped the match i'd love to pick up a copy this week??!!!
as i said i missed the second half due to work

Today's performance showed enormous heart and a galvanised club and playing group. That along with the final quarter against South this year are two of the best performances i have seen by any bloods team.

In 2003 we had a very talented group when we made the GF, but i feel this year it's more the character and resolve of the group which has got us there, as well as hard work. There is something special about the culture at the Bloods at the moment - something that was missing even in the good years in 2012 and 2013.

Big shoutout to players like Homburg and Riley Milne. Homburg always gives it 100% and is hard at it. His first quarter was scintilating. Special mention to Riley Milne who is often under rated but in his 2 years at the bloods i've seen nothing but a cool head and good skills either down back or up forward he can kick a goal and is very versatile. He deserved to play more League games this year and i consider him an elite performer. It can't be easy for guys like this having to train hard every week at the moment not even knowing if they will get the nod at the selection table. If we do win the flag i want guys like that to know we supporters value their input to the team as much as any of the regular players.

Had never seen Brind play before but i was damn impressed!

This team needs to continue the self belief. We can get the Eagles for sure.

They have been good this year, but not dominant like Norwood in the past years. Plus we have shown we can beat them and stay with them, especially if we put in a four quarter performance.

The Eagles have 2 big injuries in Poole and Rowntree. Rowntree was one of the best in the league this year, that's a big blow for them.
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Had to watch game on TV today as out of town.Was very impressive. We can beat the Eagles with a 4 qtr effort like that and they are due to drop a game. How often does that happen? a side dominates all year only lose the grand final!
Would be lovely to see and we are overdue to win one. Go Bloods!!!
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 pm

What a win...... Never gave theDogs a sniff

How'd want to be a selector this

Putting Hartlett, Silverlock, Fielke, Hill into that'd winning team would give me 7 sleepless nights

Go Bloods 32 years is too long
Youngblood

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:21 am

Random Thoughts.

1. Today was a great warm up for next week.
2. Great to see the guys that came in today play so well.
3. Smashed them in the ruck and lost the clearances. This should not happen.
4. Well done to Porps on 100 games.
5. Good to have multiple goal kickers.
6. Some of Beechys marks today were fantastic.
7. 26 Hitouts for number 26 on his 26th birthday. Spooky.
8. Hopefully someone puts training times on the Westies website this week.
9. Isn't it great to see a coach just go about his business with a minimum of fuss and fanfare.
10. Godden would be very concerned with what he saw today.
11. We can and will win next week. Go Westies. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:02 am

Training will be at City Mazda on Wednesday night. There'll be a BBQ. Players on the track about 6pm.

All welcome.

Afelaide Oval Friday night.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 am

firstblood

Number of posts : 289
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:48 am

A great win yesterday.
It was a total team effort.
Our intensity for the contest in the first half was
fantastic.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:01 pm

dl550 wrote:
If anyone taped the match i'd love to pick up a copy this week??!!!

I'll put a DVD of the match behind the Club bar tomorrow (Wed night BBQ) with dl550 on it, from ~6pm.
Anyone else want a copy let me know.
LukeO9

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:13 pm

I would love a DVD of the match Luke I'd that is ok. I'll be there tomorrow night.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:34 pm

I'll take one also please. I will drop off some blank ones to replace the ones you are giving out. Thanks. ST.

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Can I have a copy please Luke

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Gday Luke, thanks so much for that, i highly appreciate your kind offer - but i won't be there tomorrow night due to work commitments - so you can give my DVD to one of the other guys who has asked instead of me....

Thanks again.
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:07 pm

LukeO9 wrote:

Burnt DVDs labelled Wolfman Jack, Second Team, and Thiele are available for collection behind the Club bar tonight from 6pm.
All compensations in the form of purchase and enjoyment of Club activities and provisions.
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:13 pm

LukeO9 wrote:
LukeO9 wrote:

Burnt DVDs labelled Wolfman Jack, Second Team, and Thiele are available for collection behind the Club bar tonight from 6pm.
All compensations in the form of purchase and enjoyment of Club activities and provisions.
Thanks
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:37 pm

That's very good of you, Luke.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks very much. I have got 5 blank dvds to drop off so you are not out of pocket. ST.

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Picked up my DVD copy from the bar tonight. Thanks so much Luke09.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Got mine also. 5 DVDs are behind the bar for you. Thanks ST.

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:30 am

Luke, I was asked by a long-time loyal Westies lady last night if I could get 2 copies, one for her and one for her son in Queensland.

Is it too much to ask if I could get 2 for them and 1 for me?

No problem if not. If so, drinks on me any time.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by LukeO9 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
Is it too much to ask if I could get 2 for them and 1 for me?

No problem Lee.
I'll put them behind the bar around 6pm tomorrow (Fri) night.
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks so much, Luke.

Thanks also to dl550 for your message, much appreciated.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum