West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers!

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers!

Post by dl550 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:24 pm

You beauty!

I am so happy and so proud. All the years suffering in the cold at Richmond Oval, since childhood, never giving up hope, have all been worth it now! Still only in my 20s so hopefully will see another one before my time is up Wink but at least i've seen one now!

We just played so damn well! So many contributors on the field today, but also many off the field. I am so proud of everyone associated with the club!
The biggest thing to be proud of today is the culture we have developed in the last 12 months and the turnaround from last year. Now that we have developed that culture, let's maintain it!

Big shoutout to all the contributors who were not lucky enough to take to the field today - Anderson, Homburg, Nelson, Brind, Agostino, Hardy, Francis, and anyone else i forgot! But your efforts at various times this year are as appreciated by us fans as much as any player who was on the field today. (and don't forget Jimmy E either - this ones for you!)

So happy to see Mark Mickan finally get to hold that cup all these years later - and a big highlight and satisfying moment seeing Andrew Marks enjoying the victory!

Thanks to all the guys and girls on here who have been passionate and supportive all year - i raise a glass to you all tonight! Enjoy it!

PS: ST was right! 5 goal win to the Bloods!!!
dl550

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers!

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:35 pm

I love every one of you true blue Bloods supporters.

Share your passion.

Bloody fantastic.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:55 pm

After 30 years on footy staff i retired at end last season due to health ====== poor timing dickhead but how good is this feeling tonight i love all westies supporters

What did i like today?

Love the way the two young ladies sang the national anthem live was brilliant.
Hard ball gets and tackles in late third and first half of last quarter
How we caused turn overs when they had the ball
Adelaide oval and the way the crowed noise is multipled
Players disclipline when pressured by oponents
Eagles played well so ment that win was very good
Oldfella

Number of posts : 242
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:48 pm

If you have time to watch it..here is the full replay on you tube, if you want to download it, use this

link... http://youtubemultidownloader.com/ 

simply put in the url of the Youtube video and it should download to your pc..

Last edited by firstblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
firstblood

Number of posts : 276
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 pm

YOU BEAUTY. How good was that
Well done to everyone.
Never herd a westie crowd like that

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:33 am

The West Adelaide Football Club Premiers in 2015
It's is truly amazing. To come from ninth is what
Fairy Tales are made of.

I have been supporting Westies for 55 years and 2015 will
Never be forgotten. This is the sweetest Premiership ever

The last 20 months of my life has been horrendous.
I won't bore you with the details
To go to the footy yesterday with my disabled son and witness
That victory will live for me forever

The BLOODS were on a RAMPAGE yesterday and from the first bounce they came to play.

To Mark Mickan,The Players and all involved in the West Adelaide FC
congrats on an amazing victory and being Premiers in 2015
Lachlan

Number of posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Post by captainblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:44 am

To everyone who volunteers or works at the club from the car park attendants, BBQ team,trainers,support staff,coaches admin,committee, coaches ,players and anyone else.

THANKYOU!

What a tremendous achievement, we might not be the biggest group going around but hell we are the proudest supporters in this state.
Well done everyone...Go Bloods Premiers 2015
captainblood

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:00 am

Yes well done to all involved with the Mighty Bloods. The support staff finally can reap the accolades they deserve for the tireless work they do for the club.

What a fantastic effort by the players this year, especially through the finals and yesterday in the Grand Final! You have made all of us supporters so proud and we hope, no we want you to celebrate and soak in the magnificent feeling of being the number one side in the SANFL.

Go you Mighty Bloods.
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:02 am

firstblood wrote:If you have time to watch it..here is the full replay on you tube, if you want to download it, use this

link... http://en.savefrom.net/  

Thanks firstblood for posting the link I will certainly download it and watch it over and over during the summer.
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:57 am

beaglex wrote:
firstblood wrote:If you have time to watch it..here is the full replay on you tube, if you want to download it, use this

link... http://en.savefrom.net/  

Thanks firstblood for posting the link I will certainly download it and watch it over and over during the summer.

No worries mate, i forgot to post that those who are not sure how to download the video, click on the small Youtube icon near bottom right of the video, it will then open a new page on youtube, copy  the url in the address bar at the top of of your browser then click on this link.. http://youtubemultidownloader.com/
Then paste the url in the box and you should be good to go, might take a while to download depending on your internet speed.
Enjoy.
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 am

How do get the commentary FB??
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:27 am

Mypaspective wrote:How do get the commentary FB??

I was just wondering that myself Mypaspective, i started to watch the replay and disappointed to find out that there is no commentary...
The SANFL uploaded the video to Youtube, hopefully some one could get in touch with them to reload it with sound.

firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:48 am

Unfortunately I'm also having issues with the commentary
Lachlan

Number of posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am

HUNGOVER AND HAVE BLOODS SUNBURT INTO MY ARMS

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 157
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 am

I'm not sure if you guys are saying you're not getting any audio at all or what?
After the final siren there's no commentary - just the song for example, and the SANFL voice overs from the stadium MC. In assuming this is because this is the SANFL broadcast and not the channel 7 broadcast which they don't have the rights to reproduce.

However if you're not getting any sound at all - It could be that the downloaded youre using you've downloaded the video file but not the audio file. I suggest you use the "video download helper" which is available as a Firefox add on. It downloaded everything fine for me in 720hd and only took about an hour.
dl550

Back to top Go down

Post by captainblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:06 am

I rang the SANFL and they know about the problem, some problem with' ITunes' (their words) hope to have it rectified within 24 hours.
Don't shot the messenger!
captainblood

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:42 am

dl550 wrote:I'm not sure if you guys are saying you're not getting any audio at all or what?
After the final siren there's no commentary - just the song for example, and the SANFL voice overs from the stadium MC. In assuming this is because this is the SANFL broadcast and not the channel 7 broadcast which they don't have the rights to reproduce.

However if you're not getting any sound at all - It could be that the downloaded youre using you've downloaded the video file but not the audio file. I suggest you use the "video download helper" which is available as a Firefox add on. It downloaded everything fine for me in 720hd and only took about an hour.

Tried it, still no sound.
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:15 pm

No sound at all first blood ? Oh ok that's weird. Mind you I downloaded it nearly straight aftet they put it up. So maybe something happened between now and then.

Anyway, I bet there are a few sore heads in the western suburbs this morning Wink
dl550

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:21 pm

John KANTALAFTIS has just informed me that the club has organised through the SANFL & Channel 7 professional DVD's of the game.

They should be available for purchase from the club on or about Oct 9 @ $29each. Watch the website for further updates.

Also new merchandise is also being organised as an alternative to the round neck Premiership Tshirts (which look great I might add). There will be a few options of polo shirts etc for purchase.

A worthwhile keepsake I would have thought.

Merchandise sales are very important to the club at this special time so please dig deep & buy up. It is a great way to grab some memorabilia as well as helping the club financially. Once again the website will demonstrate the items when they become available.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:30 pm

PREMIERSHIP PENNANTS

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 157
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:44 pm

I too am a long suffering supporter. As a local lad, I started watching Westies in 1961 - a premiership. 1962 we lost the grand final by 3 points & 1963 we came fourth. We were a regular powerhouse but from 1964 we have struggled to be a consistent top 3 side. It is a sad indictment that I can name all our finals matches since then because they have been so few & far between.
During this time I have trudged along every week rain, hail or shine. I have sat on the same seat on the fence for so long. Sometimes I have been the only one in that section by the players or my partner & I when it has been pelting with rain. Coaches & players have often laughed over the years & said we were mad. Probably right. However we were rewarded in 1983 with a flag & yesterday another one, it makes it so worthwhile.
Flags are won with a great team effort & yesterday was outstanding. The courage & comitment was excellent. All played well & all contributed. Thank you guys, you have made an old fella so happy. I thought I was destined to never see another premiership.
To all the players, coaching staff, volunteers, medical staff, fitness staff, the board & so many others, you have my eternal gratitude. A special mention to Andrew Marks who works so tirelessly for our Club, we couldn't do without him. Also to Lee Harradine who has his heart & soul in the Club.
I believe that there is now a standard of professionalism in the Club that started with Collo. Mark Mickan has continued that on & markedly improved the game plan where we are now capable of kicking 8 or 10 goals a quarter instead of 5 or 6 a game, means we are never out of a game. It is great to watch & he had similar style of footy with Glenelg.
If the whole Club can now maintain these standards, then we will be a regular powerhouse again as we were in the 1950s & early 1960s.
What a great day, night & morning it was & the players were so approachable last night.
Heard Harts on the radio this morning & his voice was gone.
What a fabulous result for our Club & footy in general.
To the Club that I have loved for 55 years, well done & thank you. I will be there again next season under the umbrella in the rain.
Please forgive the ramblings on an old supporter, who despite a hangover, can't stop smiling.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm

West Adelaide defender Brad Helbig has been offered a $200 fine with an early guilty plea for making forceful front-on contact with Eagles forward Michael Wundke in Sunday’s SANFL IGA League Grand Final.

Helbig, one of the Bloods’ best players in the title-decider, bumped the triple Ken Farmer Medallist during the second quarter at Adelaide Oval.

It is the former Richmond player’s second low grade offence in 2015, ensuring the base grading is increased one level.

The fact there was no injury reported by Wundke and that the key forward continued to play the entire match was also taken into account.

Helbig has until 9am on Tuesday to decide whether to accept the fine or contest it at the SANFL Tribunal.

BRAD HELBIG (WEST) – FORCEFUL FRONT-ON CONTACT
Conduct – Careless
Impact – Low
Contact – High

Base Sanction – 1 Match
Early Plea – $200 Fine
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Wolfman Jack wrote:I too am a long suffering supporter. As a local lad, I started watching Westies in 1961 - a premiership. 1962 we lost the grand final by 3 points & 1963 we came fourth. We were a regular powerhouse but from 1964 we have struggled to be a consistent top 3 side. It is a sad indictment that I can name all our finals matches since then because they have been so few & far between.
During this time I have trudged along every week rain, hail or shine. I have sat on the same seat on the fence for so long. Sometimes I have been the only one in that section by the players or my partner & I when it has been pelting with rain. Coaches & players have often laughed over the years & said we were mad. Probably right. However we were rewarded in 1983 with a flag & yesterday another one, it makes it so worthwhile.
Flags are won with a great team effort & yesterday was outstanding. The courage & comitment was excellent. All played well & all contributed. Thank you guys, you have made an old fella so happy. I thought I was destined to never see another premiership.
To all the players, coaching staff, volunteers, medical staff, fitness staff, the board & so many others, you have my eternal gratitude. A special mention to Andrew Marks who works so tirelessly for our Club, we couldn't do without him. Also to Lee Harradine who has his heart & soul in the Club.
I believe that there is now a standard of professionalism in the Club that started with Collo. Mark Mickan has continued that on & markedly improved the game plan where we are now capable of kicking 8 or 10 goals a quarter instead of 5 or 6 a game, means we are never out of a game. It is great to watch & he had similar style of footy with Glenelg.
If the whole Club can now maintain these standards, then we will be a regular powerhouse again as we were in the 1950s & early 1960s.
What a great day, night & morning it was & the players were so approachable last night.
Heard Harts on the radio this morning & his voice was gone.
What a fabulous result for our Club & footy in general.
To the Club that I have loved for 55 years, well done & thank you. I will be there again next season under the umbrella in the rain.
Please forgive the ramblings on an old supporter, who despite a hangover, can't stop smiling.

and THIS is why i love this club, because of gents like you! Yesterday i felt a happiness not only for myself, but for all the fellow supporters who i know have been feeling the same emotions and frustrations as me now for many years. That's the best part about it. We are all like one big family united.

Still seems like it was all a dream!
dl550

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Morning everyone....wait......its 4pm.

Obviously everything was just fantastic, but my favourite moment was when Tuck tackled Sinor in the 3rd Q.
Great night back at the Club....my only disappointment was not being allowed on the jumpy castle.
LukeO9

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by the tractor on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm

So good!!!!!!!! Well done Westies. I have been to all Westies Grand final games since 83 with no luck.
But now I'm a happy man.
Good to share it with a couple of the Jnr. Tractors too. Good memories for them.
Thanks go out to everyone involved with the club.
Every contribution adds up to our success.
GO BLOODS!
the tractor

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum