Detective Bloodhound

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Detective Bloodhound

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:31 am

After a long absence, Detective Bloodhound has made an appearance:

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/detective-bloodhound-report-2015-premiership-edition/

He's asked for comments and suggestions.
Admin

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Detective Bloodhound

Post by 618315 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:37 pm

A great read. I can so relate to the references to being brought up as as part of a West Adelaide family. My early Grand Final memories are of 1958/59 and 1961/62. My father had told me stories of the 1927 and 1947 victories and of living in the West End with Westies players as his neighbours. Very special memories made even more special as I start to realise that last Sunday's victory really did happen. Thank you Detective Bloodhound for putting into words so eloquently my thoughts about this wonderful Club and the events of last Sunday.

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:01 pm

I am an occasional poster on this site, my earliest memories of Westies would be being taken to Richmond Oval in the late '50's, the first player I remember was Colin Brown, who might have been Captain at the time..... can't tell you how happy I am for Westies, and the way this year has come together thru the Hard Work of all of Westies "True Believers" . I drink to your Honour!
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Some nice words from the Bloodhound.

A week has passed since the great day.

Iíve managed to give the Bloods Premiers 2015 T-Shirt the occasional rinse but continue to wear it every day with great happiness and pride.

Have watched the match a few times and have tried to identify the best single moment in the game.

I have settled on Beechyís mark in the NE pocket in the last Q. From this mark he put through the goal that first made me think we were actually going to win. Greeny running in to goal after this was the icing on the cake but the best moment could just have easily been Webby turning his opponent inside out to goal in the first Q or Travis Tuck running down Sinor with a wonderful tackle in the 3Q. There were plenty of others and Iím sure people will have their favourites.

Watching the replay again (and again) we always looked to be the better side as we were getting so much of the ball. But on reflection we were doing it tough with injuries. Silverlock went down very early and we lost his run and carry. Willets spent some time off the field with what looked to be a serious knock to the head and Hartlett was being treated on a regular basis. This would have seriously affected our rotations and makes our win so much better.
blackandred

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum