Rare praise

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rare praise

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:09 am

It was quite uplifting to read Cornsey's surprising praise in today's Advertiser (Sat JAN 2) in nominating our beloved team as his "2015 Team of the year".

Wonders will never cease but I guess Cornsey has always had a soft spot for our wonderful coach Mark Mickan. He was scathing of his own club Glenelg a few years ago when their president of the time, Gary Metcalfe, foolishly sacked Mark half way through the season after taking them minor premiers two years straight & articulating a revised plan & program to the Glenelg board for that season to ensure they came home with a wet sail.

He never got the chance to prove his revised plan would work but obviously learnt a lot through that period & we became the beneficiaries in 2015.

GO BLOODS in 2016!!!!!!!!!!

Mypaspective

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Rare praise

Post by aldo russian on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 pm

Yes Glenelg had quite a role in our flag, for which we should really thank them. They gave us our head coach, our assistant coach (Jack Horan) and our lead ruckman.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Correct, as well as Riley Milne.

On the other hand, Jack Horan played for us before going to Glenelg.

Glenelg can thank us, though, for the coaches of their first premiership and their next one.

The Grand Final was interesting also from a similar point of view. Mark Mickan played for us, as did Michael Godden. Mark had previously coached the Eagles also. The Eagles Reserves went top with another West player, Ben Watkins as coach.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:45 pm

I have been meaning to mention Jack Horan for a while Lee, I firmly believe he is a fantastic assistant to Mark Mickan, they compliment each other.
His knowledge of the game is first class and I will go as far as saying he played a huge part in us winning the premiership.
After the game I was just so happy for the whole coaching group in achieving what they did especially rubbers for what he went through at Glenelg and the way he was dumped.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Totally agree about Jack, testy. Our coaching group did a great job.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Audamus on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:27 am

Glenelg also gave us Riley Milne.
Audamus

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:35 am

For those of us that refuse to buy that rag of Murdoch paper how about posting the article on here?
TAAARS

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:50 pm

Audamus wrote:Glenelg also gave us Riley Milne.

Yes, they are the best at not knowing what they are doing Audamus they have been doing it for years and lets hope it continues.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum