2016 Debuts

 :: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

2016 Debuts Empty 2016 Debuts

Post by aldo russian on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:55 am

Apart from the obvious senior recruits, Stubbs and O'Brien, who do you think will make their debut for the League side this year?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Plenty of candidates.

Jamie Hampton and Brett Turner would be very close, perhaps Sean Munn and Murray Waite, while several others aren't far away.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Thiele on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Admin wrote:Plenty of candidates.

Jamie Hampton and Brett Turner would be very close, perhaps Sean Munn and Murray Waite, while several others aren't far away.
Didn't Hampton play a league game last year

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by PMSL on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Thiele wrote:
Admin wrote:Plenty of candidates.

Jamie Hampton and Brett Turner would be very close, perhaps Sean Munn and Murray Waite, while several others aren't far away.
Didn't Hampton play a league game last year

That was Graham Hampton he played twice last year.

Jamie is his cousin and brother of the Crows Curtley.
PMSL
PMSL

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-09-08

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Thiele on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:42 pm

PMSL wrote:
Thiele wrote:
Admin wrote:Plenty of candidates.

Jamie Hampton and Brett Turner would be very close, perhaps Sean Munn and Murray Waite, while several others aren't far away.
Didn't Hampton play a league game last year

That was Graham Hampton he played twice last year.

Jamie is his cousin and brother of the Crows Curtley.
My bad sorry

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by aldo russian on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Josh Smithson any chance?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by captainblood on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:18 am

I thought last year Brett Turner was a real chance to do something special and show his wares but then he left.
I actually didn't know he was back but if he sticks around he certainly has the game to make the league team regularly if he knuckles down.
Two other lads who might debut are Tyler McPherson who has real good size and looks like he's a mobile player and a young lad called Tom Pillion.
He impressed me with his awareness and poise. Might be a long shot for the start of the year but I quite like what I've seen thus far.
captainblood
captainblood

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am

I agree with all that, cb, good observations.

Josh smithson is very promising. You never know, but I think his game will develop more this year and he should be right around the mark after that.

Let's also not forget Jadyn Brind - not a debut, but should be a strong chance to add to his one game.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by aldo russian on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:48 am

captainblood wrote:
Two other lads who might  debut are Tyler McPherson who has real good size and looks like he's a mobile player and a young lad called Tom Pillion.
He impressed me with his awareness and poise. Might be a long shot for the start of the year but I quite like what I've seen thus far.

Would I be right in thinking Tom Pillion's father is Tim Pillion, who played several years for us at Reserves level as both a tall defender and forward, but never cracked it for a League game?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 am

Yes, correct.

Tim was a very handy cricketer at A Grade District level.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by scorpion on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:35 am

L.Evans and my Smokey Sam Butterworth
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Oldfella on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Second Team wrote:Who the hell is this Admin dude and what is their story. Shocked Shocked Shocked


Just another way we can pay new recruits ====== wait until you see him play lol
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 535
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by Lachlan on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm

One of my best mates works with Tim Pillion and
He says he is a 'ripping fella'.
As already mentioned Tim was a very good district cricketer.

Josh Ryan is my player to be press for league selection.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

2016 Debuts Empty Re: 2016 Debuts

Post by PMSL on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:06 pm

scorpion wrote:L.Evans and my Smokey Sam Butterworth

Word is Sam has deceided to stay in the Riverland this year and play for Barmera Monash.


My tips from the under ages:
Jamie Hampton and Lachie Cameron
PMSL
PMSL

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-09-08

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 :: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum