WEST v Crows

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WEST v Crows

Post by Second Team on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Thoughts?

I would think that Porps, Schmidty, Fielkes and Webby will come in.
Tucky and Taite will be passed fit and Haysman a maybe.
McPherson, Favretto and Turner should also get a go. Anyone else? Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WEST v Crows

Post by postie on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 pm

I think Fielkes will play. hope Schimdt will play.do not think Porps will play. Iwould love Webb to play even as just a tall forward.the others will have to be cleared by medical staff.yes i would play Turner and Mcpherson but i think we played Favretto out of postion in the trials .i personally think he is a defender not a midfielder as in my opionon we have a few more midfielders ahead him.
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:47 pm

I expect us to cop a belting next week by the Crows who will have probably 18 AFL listed players in their side.....
We have too many players under done and we will struggle.
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:50 pm

I agree with you 'Wolf Pack' the crows will be at full strength and we have too
many players underdone.
I would hope Webby,Middleton,Klemke,Schmidt and Fielke will play.

Last edited by Lachlan on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:54 pm

League
F: Green, Webb, Fielke
HF: Favretto, Stubbs, Turner
C: O’Brien, Schmidt, Schiller
HB: Wasley-Black, Klemke, Slattery
B: Caire, Hardy, Hill

R: Willits, K. Stevens, Silverlock
INT: Johnson, Vick, Tuck, Helbig, Burgess

Reserves
F: Holliday, Middleton, Cua
HF: L. Ryan, Pillion, Karpany
C: Waite, Noonan, J. Noble
HB: Agostino, J. Ryan, Scott
B: Dolling, Fitzpatrick, Cameron

R: McPherson, Inglis, J. Stevens
INT: L. Evans, Majok, Male, Munn, Langcake, G. Hampton, Cornish, Taheny

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:56 pm

The Crows team looks exceptionally strong.......
I fear this one will be one way traffic.....
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Whilst the challenges in the game are clearly apparent i, for reason i cannot explain, have a strong gut feeling that our team will not let us down and i do believe we will win!

I will be at the game and will strongly support my/our team in this endevour and for the record i will take pride in watching/supporting one of our own young johno beech (as long as he does not go toooooo well☺)
Oldfella

Number of posts : 269
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Any reason the West teams are not in today's paper? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Tuck named on the bench.......
Should we put a line through him for round 1......
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Round 1 is out the way and not the result we were hoping for. Adelaide will do that to many teams this year. They were very good but we will improve as we get more game time into our players especially those with a limited preseason. It's a long season and there is plenty of time to get it right.

Great to see many there to witness the raising of the premiership flag.

Kudos to Loxton North FC for coming down to play against the development team, a huge effort from a highly respected club in our country zone.

Now for my real down point of the day. The booing of Jono Beech. Can't really fathom why this happened. He has been an outstanding player for our club for many years and is a PREMIERSHIP PLAYER OF 2015!
He deserved much better than that today. It may not have been incessant but I felt embarrassed. I wish Jono all the best in his AFL career and hope he will be back with us one day when his AFL days are done. I also hope we show more respect to Will Snelling and Riley Bonner when we come up against Port.
The Axis

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Great post from a true supporter......can't help feeling down, myself, with this Charade forced upon us...... comments anyone ?? Sad
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 pm

A game we were never going to win.
We need a few key players back or we will struggle.
We don't have any depth......
Slattery was good up forward.
Stevens was excellent.
Unlikely the Crows will be that strong again.....
I didn't hear any booing.......
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:01 pm

Keep 'em coming......
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm

RODH2 wrote: Great post from a true supporter......can't help feeling down, myself, with this Charade forced upon us...... comments anyone ?? Sad
Problem is the this decision was forced upon us by the media
Can you imagine the league not getting any media coverage because thats what would have happened
The media run this country and the media get what they want

blacky

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Excellent post, axis.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:21 pm

The result was expected.
We had 10 players missing from our Premiership side.
We badly need Helbig,Tuck,Haysman,Porps,Hartlett and Middleton back.

The Crows had 18 AFL listed players no wonder they won.

I thought Stevens,Caire,Schmidt and perhaps O'Brien were our best.

Jono Beech played very well for the Crows, however I can't help but feel
he won't play AFL this year or perhaps ever.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Oldfella wrote:Whilst the challenges in the game are clearly apparent i, for reason i cannot explain, have a strong gut feeling that our team will not let us down and i do believe we will win.

Oldfella,next time you have one of your gut feelings,please try putting your head in a bucket of water 3 times and pulling it out twice! Razz
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:23 pm

TAAARS wrote:
Oldfella wrote:Whilst the challenges in the game are clearly apparent i, for reason i cannot explain, have a strong gut feeling that our team will not let us down and i do believe we will win.

Oldfella,next time you have one of your gut feelings,please try putting your head in a bucket of water 3 times and pulling it out twice! Razz
Early in the Season, (Duh!) but I don't think Oldfella is too far wide of the mark! Just thinking about the disparity of the situation at the moment............... I come from Westies Vs Port in the 50's/60's to what we have now, Thinking we can take it up to the Bays next week, (haven't checked the programme, etc.)
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:42 pm

With the 2015 Premiership flag flying proudly over the famous Richmond BBQ area, a depleted Westies outfit came up against a powerful, full strength Crows side. The final score of Adelaide 18.16 to the Bloods 7.8 told the story.

West lost Tuck and Helbig before the game. Inexperienced Brett Turner, Ben Klemke, Oliver Johnson, Harry Vick, Chris Burgess and Nick Favretto found themselves up against a team full of AFL listed players.

The Crows Reserves were stronger, faster, more skilfull , more systematic and more decisive. 60 more kicks, 50 more handballs, 45 more marks, 15 more tackles. They applied pressure all day and forced us into error and indecision.

What was interesting was a group of Bloods players that stood up to the opposition and refused to be intimidated. Kaine Stevens, Errin WB, Daniel Caire, Brett Turner and Josh Schiller defied the odds.

196cm Daniel Webb rucked well against their two 201cm and 206cm giants. Willets spent a lot of time up forward but only took 2 marks and had little impact on the game. To cap off his day he got reported. Webb is the better ruck option as he actually palms the ball to advantage and is more creative.

Klemke seemed to get better as the game wore on and could work his way into the CHB role.

Hopefully Zac O’Brien and Trent Stubbs will adapt to the pace of SANFL footy and improve. Many ex AFL players make the mistake of thinking this competition will come easily to them but find it to be much tougher than they thought.

Jonno Beech kicked 3 goals and Slattery 2. Sadly though, Beech was playing for the Crows Reserves.
blackandred

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Don't think we play "port adelaide" at H.Q. for a while, but, hey, what the heck!!??
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Random Thoughts.

1. Are you pissed ROD?
2. Beaten by a better team on the day.
3. We kicked the ball as bad as I have ever seen today.
4. Lost the rucks and the clearances.
5. Well done to all the new players today.
6. Really missed Tucky today.
7. We got more frees than the Crows. Rubbish.
8. Don't think you can have 7 players in a losing team with ZERO tackles.
9. Will be interesting to see our team next week.
10. We will beat the bays next week.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:00 am

Mildly pissed S.T, but respect the attitude of Westies Stalwarts that are taking this on the chin. Guess it's all relative..... ! Surprised
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:07 am

blackandred wrote:
Webb is the better ruck option as he actually palms the ball to advantage and is more creative.

Don't agree. This comment has to be taken as a criticism of Willits?
Just conveniently forgotten the superb work last year of our premiership ruckman?? Willits was one the best ruckman in the comp last year.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:03 am

TAAARS wrote:

Tarrs you still flying that plane of yours too high without oxygen?  You have not been the same since i drew a chalk line around your chair and got security to make you stay within the chalk line lol -☺☺☺☺

Good to hear from you mate and i wish you well --- when i made my presiction i did not know we had lost another two players both who were in and at it hard get types.

i believe in my team and  i do admit that belief borders sometimes on being irational but i truly see many good things in and around the club - given my illness it is a life style choice to look at thing in the positive as looking in the negative is frightenning and destructive.

As always enjoy the banter with you and look forward to catching up at a game 👍👍👍👍
Oldfella

Number of posts : 269
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:28 am

TAAARS wrote:

Speaking of buckets, did any one notice our Football Manager walking around on the oval before the League game started with a bucket full of sand in hand.
Well the reason for this was because the Cows weren't happy with some areas of the oval and wanted him to fill up any divots made by the B Grade trial. Precious little lovely boys aren't they. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum