WEST v Sturt.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WEST v Sturt.

Post by Second Team on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Thoughts?

Out : Webby inj, Slatts inj, Burgess. Caire, Hill, Turner. The last three can come back in when they improve their kicking .

In :  Favreto to FF.
      Schott to half back.
      Klemke for Burgess.
      Waite for Caire.
      Evans for Hill.
      O'Brien for Webby. Tuck and Middleton to back Willo in ruck. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WEST v Sturt.

Post by Wolf Pack on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Can't drop Daniel Caire.
At least he brings some genuine effort to a contest.
There are plenty of players out of form.
Green, Fielke, Silverlock.
Even Porps bumbled and fumbled a bit on Sunday.
Schmidty is battling too.........
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Caire would be the first one I would drop. Great at the contest but is the worst kick we have. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:24 pm

WEST
West Adelaide coach Mark Mickan has rushed key defender Adam Hartlett back into his line-up to tackle Sturt at City Mazda Stadium on Sunday.
Desperate not to slump to an 0-4 start to the season, Mickan has named Hartlett at centre-half back after the premiership backman played just a half in the Reserves last round.
‘’He got through OK and trained really well last night,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.
‘’He provides leadership and direction in our back half so it will be great to have him back.’’
Former Brisbane Lion Zac O’Brien has overcome bone bruising on his knee to be named on the extended interchange bench, along with possible debutant John Noble.
Noble, the son of Adelaide Football Club Head of Football David Noble, is still eligible as an over-age player in the Under-18 Macca’s Cup but has impressed in the Reserves for the past fortnight.
Measuring in at 179cm and 68kg, Noble – described as a crumbing half-forward – has a twin brother Mark, who is playing in the Bloods’ Under-18 side.
Former Power rookie Daniel Webb has been sent back to the Reserves to play a full game in order to build match fitness.

League
F: Green, Hardy, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Middleton, Haysman
C: Silverlock, Schmidt, Stevens
HB: Wasley-Black, Hartlett, Hill
B: Caire, Slattery, Turner

R: Willits, Tuck, Schiller
INT: Porplyzia, O’Brien, J. Noble, Burgess, Johnson
IN: Hartlett, O’Brien, J. Noble
OUT: Webb

Reserves
Agostino, Webb, Klemke, Pillion, Cua, McPherson, J. Hampton, L. Ryan, Vick, Schott, Favretto, Holliday, Scott, J. Evans, Waite, Stidiford, Fitzpatrick, Westhoff, Noonan, G. Hampton, Karpany.

Under-18
Wagner, Goldner, Eichner, Inglis, Rodman, Hocking, O’Driscoll, Crump, Evreniadis, L. Evans, Smith, Beard, West, Heitmann, Secker, Karpany, Kassulke, McCulloch, Kennedy, Smithson, D’Antonio, M. Noble, Lewis, Toohey, Cameron.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:48 pm

From Premiers to Wooden Spooners!!!
What a joke!!!
Our skills our pathetic.
We cannot kick the ball at league standard.
Without naming some players, I would question the effort and want for the contest by some today.
4 games
4 beltings!!!!
Season is over.

Well done to the boys in the development team.
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by nigelfab on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Well you can see why it takes 30 years for us to win anything. We just let the belt out and go back to bad habits and lose that hunger. I would drop a few senior players and bring in some kids that really have something to prove.

nigelfab

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:53 pm

In another poor display of footy we were thrashed by Sturt today on our home ground, going down 14.9 to 6.12.

It’s not that we’re losing it’s the manner in which we lose. There were many incidents in the game that typified the way we are currently playing. One was young Haysman running out of defence bouncing the ball and looking good until he lost control and the ball rolled out of bounds. Another standout was Mason Middleton taking a strong mark 35m out on a slight angle and failing to make the distance!

The atmosphere in the room before the game was aggressive and positive but Sturt kicked the first 3 and we could only manage 2 goals by half time (to Sturt’s 9). Once again our poor use of the ball bought us undone. Sturt took 120 marks to our 69 and had 50 more possessions.

Tuck didn’t play and 19yo John Noble played his first game. Webb played in the senior team.

We have a nucleus of experienced players who are badly out of form/unfit/not contributing. Schmidt, Porplyzia, Fielke, Green, Hill, Caire and Silverlock are being shut down every week. They pick up plenty of stats but handballs that don’t hit the mark, kicks that go over a team-mates head, ineffective tackles, fumbles, all count for nothing.

Everyone is busting their guts and putting in but our skills are atrocious and we have no run and back up. Our fitness is such that we are always under pressure and mistakes follow.

A few positives:
John Noble looked good and kicked 2 goals.
We won the third Q. I think this is the only Q out of the 16 we have now played this year that we have won.
It was good to have Hartlett back.
We seem to have overcome our problem of kicking out on the full.
The ressies won18.8 to 10.19.

But in many ways this was our worst result because Sturt are not a great side. We forced them into error but couldn’t capitalise on their mistakes. We made them look good through our turnovers and many of their goals resulted from their wide open forward line and a player running into an open goal with hardly a Westies player in sight.

So we have lost our first four games. All to sides that finished in the bottom half last year. Our percentage is 31.72 so that is another game down. A good move to bring in Noble this week. Maybe we’ll see a bit more youth in coming weeks.
blackandred

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:39 am

Random thoughts.

1. Had the same team as all year and got the same result.
2. Won the hitouts and got smashed in the clearances. Who the hell is responsible for the rucks and the midfield. We had a clear advantage and did nothing with it for 4 quarters. Either the rucks are at fault or the mids have the wrong play book. Someone needs to address this issue in the first quarter and not after the game.
3. Sad to see our inspiration today came from a first gamer. Well done lad.
4. Had to laugh seeing one of our backmen kick the ball end over end coming out of our backline.
5. Bad kicking is bad football. Sadly for West this is with the field kicking. We kicked the ball like crap last year but at least we did it with quick ball movement.
6. If we don't get tough with under performing players this week we deserve to be 0 and 10.
7. Get stuffed umps. That little guy today was crap.
8. Good to see the reserves win. Play well in the reserves means you stay in the reserves.
9. Good to see Harts back.
10. We need to change direction quickly or risk finishing bottom after winning a premiership.
11. Hopefully we can here some more stories from the Mallee zone this week.
12. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:32 am

Glad I didn't bother to turn up! We have the St Kilda disease. Have a good year then it's party time and straight to the bottom. Won't bother ANZAC day either who wants to watch that? Got better things to do thanks. Never thought I would say that as I was there all through the bad days under Weed etc (don't blame him either as he had nothing to work with). When West start playing decent footy again let me know.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:40 am

TAAARS wrote:Glad I didn't bother to turn up! We have the St Kilda disease. Have a good year then it's party time and straight to the bottom. Won't bother ANZAC day either who wants to watch that? Got better things to do thanks. Never thought I would say that as I was there all through the bad days under Weed etc (don't blame him either as he had nothing to work with). When West start playing decent footy again let me know.

I don't usually reply to other people's postings but this last one annoyed me.  Everyone has their right of opinion and is entitled to vent their frustration.

But being a conditional supporter is IMO just ordinary.

We need to support the boys in great times (2015) and not so good times as the start to this year has shown.

I doubt the players or coaching staff are enjoying the results so far, but I'm sure they are trying to rectify the situation as best they can.

What they need to hear is that we the Westies faithful will be there to support them win lose or draw. Or are we just fair weather supporters who will only turn up when we are winning? That is, the "conditional" supporter.

I say we stick with the boys through this tough time, keep yelling encouragement and let them know we are there behind them 100%. True supporters do this.

I will be. See you Anzac Day.
The Axis

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 am

The Axis wrote:
TAAARS wrote:Glad I didn't bother to turn up! We have the St Kilda disease. Have a good year then it's party time and straight to the bottom. Won't bother ANZAC day either who wants to watch that? Got better things to do thanks. Never thought I would say that as I was there all through the bad days under Weed etc (don't blame him either as he had nothing to work with). When West start playing decent footy again let me know.

I don't usually reply to other people's postings but this last one annoyed me.  Everyone has their right of opinion and is entitled to vent their frustration.

But being a conditional supporter is IMO just ordinary.

We need to support the boys in great times (2015) and not so good times as the start to this year has shown.

I doubt the players or coaching staff are enjoying the results so far, but I'm sure they are trying to rectify the situation as best they can.

What they need to hear is that we the Westies faithful will be there to support them win lose or draw. Or are we just fair weather supporters who will only turn up when we are winning? That is, the "conditional" supporter.

I say we stick with the boys through this tough time, keep yelling encouragement and let them know we are there behind them 100%. True supporters do this.

I will be. See you Anzac Day.

TAAARS. is NOT a fair weather supporter sir.I don't know who you are but you have no idea about how strong a supporter TAAARS is.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:31 am

Didn't call TAAARS anything. It was about the comment made that's all.
The Axis

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by magnificent moose on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:11 am

Great report blackandred. I only saw first half but thought effort was there, confidence and skills were shot though. Poor kicking also extended to shots on goal - Webb also failed to make distance in 2nd quarter with mongrel kick from pocket.
magnificent moose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 am

How can a premiership winning side go from top to bottom and look like being the easy beats of the competition?
Did the players celebrate too long after the Grand Final win? Ok we lost a few in the AWFUL draft, but on paper we still had some good footballers running around yesterday, but they looked nothing like good footballers to me yesterday.
Have the opposition worked out our game plan or has Mickan changed it since last year?
Some serious questions need to be asked to the coach / coaches as to why we have fallen apart.

Anyway we won a GF last year and by looks of it, that will do for a while.

The season is shot now and it really doesn’t matter because if the AFL Crows side stays relatively injury free, their reserves side will romp it in. And if that being the case, then i'm done with the SANFUL not because we are going crap but because we voted for the two cancers into our competition without asking our members first.
Shameful stuff from our board but that's another subject.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 am

*klemke to come in and Play FB
*Hardy to FF (He has won a Ken Farmer Medal
*Webby to CHF and Pinch hit the Ruck
**Middleton to be dropped or play in the Backline

* I would love to see some tall timber in the forward line to help Aaron and Greeny out

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum