2016 and beyond

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2016 and beyond

Post by aldo russian on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:36 pm

So far this round our Reserves have lost 7.3 to 18.9.
Our Under 18s lost 4.2 - 11.16.
Our Under 16s lost 3.10 to 17.21.

Our League side is bottom, without a win, and a percentage of 31%.
Our U16s are bottom with 1 win and a percentage of 32%.
Our U18s are near the bottom, with 1 win and a percentage of 33%.
Our Reserves are near the bottom with 1 win and a percentage of 39%.

Anyone see a pattern?
I sincerely hope questions are being asked inside the club as to why we are so far off the mark, and performing so poorly in every grade.
We are highly likely to lose several key players due to retirement at season's end and the above results would suggest we don't have much hope of replacing them effectively from within. Again, I hope this is being actively addressed, or the period of sustained success that we hoped for may turn into sustained something else.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 and beyond

Post by nigelfab on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:09 pm

I agree, a bit of a worry. Could it be the loss of some of our zone is starting to have an impact? Didn't we lose a few good areas to South recently? But then again, talent comes and goes in all zones.
nigelfab

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:13 pm

I understand what you are saying and coming from. i certainly hope not. its harder now for sanfl clubs the way the afl treat our league. also in our league in my opioion there are clubs that have a brown paper bag. i do know that the people that love and volunteer for the will do everything for the club. i went to the devolpment match today and iwas proud of the way they played the last quarter as they were 10 goals downs. at 3 quarter time and the eagles got the first goal in the last quarter and we outscored them.
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:15 pm

we rely on our zones so much we need better compensation for our drafted players .
postie

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Did talk to a particular player today and i know they have to tow the line but he was very positive about monday.
postie

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:19 pm

i will be there monday
postie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:44 am

There's no doubt the draft hit us badly. And late

Losing 6 players, then Riley Milne retiring, then having 5 finals players unavailable for the first 4 rounds (Anderson, Brind, Agostino, Helbig, Homburg, as well as Hartlett for the first 3) has really affected our depth.

What happens then is that several players move up a grade, weakening every grade.

That's the reality, though, and it's clear we need to work hard and recruit strongly. That's a top priority and the club is very actively working hard on this.

From a personal point of view, we cannot let history repeat and disappear after winning a premiership.

I'm confident we can first turn this season around, but be assured dropping away isn't an option.

We all share the same passion.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:40 am

I think it's obvious that as hard as we are trying to promote in our country zones, there's just not enough good talented players coming through. When was the last time we got a decent ruckman from any of our zones? I can't think of one.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:52 pm

I think the post by Aldo is spot on.
We did lose a number of quality players to the draft
and unfortunately we have not been able to replace them with
quality recruits this year.
Our recruiting needs to improve dramatically in 2017
Lachlan

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:05 pm

whispy wrote:I think it's obvious that as hard as we are trying to promote in our country zones, there's just not enough good talented players coming through. When was the last time we got a decent ruckman  from any of our zones?  I can't think of one.  

I think both Webby and Willo are decent rucks and the new kid McPherson could be very good in a year or two. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:52 am

Second Team wrote:
whispy wrote:I think it's obvious that as hard as we are trying to promote in our country zones, there's just not enough good talented players coming through. When was the last time we got a decent ruckman  from any of our zones?  I can't think of one.  

I think both Webby and Willo are decent rucks and the new kid McPherson could be very good in a year or two. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think you misunderstood my post Second Team... i wrote about our country zones not producing a decent ruckmen.
Webby is a local lad and Willets is a Victorian. Very Happy Very Happy
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:19 pm

[quote="Lee Harradine"]There's no doubt the draft hit us badly. And late

Losing 6 players, then Riley Milne retiring, then having 5 finals players unavailable for the first 4 rounds (Anderson, Brind, Agostino, Helbig, Homburg, as well as Hartlett for the first 3) has really affected our depth.

What happens then is that several players move up a grade, weakening every grade.

That's the reality, though, and it's clear we need to work hard and recruit strongly. That's a top priority and the club is very actively working hard on this.

From a personal point of view, we cannot let history repeat and disappear after winning a premiership.

I'm confident we can first turn this season around, but be assured dropping away isn't an option.

We all share the same passion. [/quote]

Disagree, Norwood lost the following after their premiership in 2013 and won their third premiership in a row in 2014. So not an excuse!

Alex Georgiou (19 games in 2013)
Brent Renouf (11)
Ben Warren (19)
Brett Zorzi (15)
Darren Pfeiffer (20)
James Aish (6)
Lewi Stevenson (12)
Matt Fuller (16)
Mitch Grigg (13)
Matt Suckling (18)
Matt Thomas (15)
Trent Dumont (10)