game plan

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game plan

Post by postie on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Are we utilising the right game plan with the group of players we have available this year.Last we were fortunate to have a good group of players. but we still had some floggings during the home and away series.but even then the boys never gave up. And they were great in the finals series as the result showed.what i suppose i am trying to say maybe yoy have to tweak the game plan to suit us now.
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: game plan

Post by Oldfella on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 pm

I feel this is a fair call and one only has to look at fremantle for supportive evidence.
Oldfella

Number of posts : 260
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PMSL on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:54 pm

The old blame the Game Plan.

Tell me what do you believe the game plan is? And what specific part/s of that plan isn't working?
PMSL

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:55 pm

I believe we use a zone defence. which i do not think has worked for this year .last match the opposition had a 100 more disposals.so our players had to do a lot of chasing which means they are using a lot of energy.not questioning there endevour.
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:06 pm

I think our good players are simply horribly out of form.
Green / Fielke 80 goals in 2015 / this year can't buy a goal!!
Silverlock - dropped
Schmidt - half the player he was in 2015
Porps- struggling
Not much from Middleton/Willits
And our boom recruit O'Brien......
Well.... he has been less than ordinary

Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:44 pm

I think 'Wolfpack' is spot on.

Secondly our want for the contest has been very very poor.
We have been smashed at Contested ball all year and that
has been a major problem.
Mickan admitted as much in The Advertiser on Tuesday.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by PMSL on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:55 am

postie wrote: I believe we use a zone defence. which i do not think has worked for this year .last match the opposition had a 100 more disposals.so our players had to do a lot of chasing which means they are using a lot of energy.not questioning there endevour.

You mean the the style of defence that every AFL and SANFL team uses aspects of?

I dont think playing a zone is the issue.
PMSL

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:05 am

We all know we lost 3 premership players over the off seaon in Beechie,Snelling & Keough which hurt us bigtime. But to counter some of that we have 2 recuits who are supposed to be replacements for 2 of them. Plus our young brigade (Haysman,Agostino etc)are a year older and should be better than last year. We should not be winless and getting belted each week by 10 goals. I do not blame the coaches they are proven to know what they are doing by last years premership. Or the board who have no impact on field. To me the problem lays with the players pure and simple. It seems to me they have lost the desire to compete. As if they have climbed the mountain and cant be bothered to climb it again. What I call the St Kilda disease ( 1 good year then party time or a hangover as others call it) Last year we were told the players all committed to doing it right and having a red hot go and look at the result! I see no such commitment this year. Until I do I for 1 wont be bothered to go watch them play. And before I get labelled a fair weather supporter, those that know me know I am not. I sat through all the bad years from the end of the Rhen time through Weeds tenure and the early years of the Collins era. We got belted week in week out then too never kicking more than 9 goals a match ,but we didnt have the players either. I can take being beaten by a better side thats life so long as we try. I cant take being belted due lack of interest. I mean it has been like watching witches hats so far this year. Im glad we have the bye this week. Perhaps we can all reset. I wont be at Alberton but thats for another reason. I wont get started here other than to say how bitterly dissappointed I am that my club not only voted to let the AFL reserves in the comp but actually led the charge with no consultation with the members. Rant over!
TAAARS

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:39 pm

I am with you TAAARS I have lost my Passion to go to the Footy been there and done that for the last
50 years
I feel sorry for all the supporters like me who have stood in the rain spent their money and watch
the side play  
I really hope the side can turn it around
I follow the Crows but was very disappointed when the 2 AFL sides came into the SANFL
what was wrong with the way it was ???  as the years go on these 2 sides will dominate
anyway that,s my say
scorpion

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:50 pm

When we play Adelaide and Port, I always feel that somehow it's not a 'real' game.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Well you two, This is when our club needs us more than ever. To show up and support the club.
It's in the coaches hands to take some risks and change things up and lets see who stands up.

The only problem I have is Hardy should be playing Forward and Klemke should be in the side in defence. I do wounder how Hardy won a Ken farmer medal from Full Back Laughing Laughing . that's right centrals played him up forward. Also I don't like O'Brien wearing number 2, he is no Jimmy Ezard.

Pitty not every player out the shows heart like Adam Hartlett, if we had 21 players with the love he has for this club and puts in the amount of effort he does, we would not loose a game.

Lets just play hard and tuff West Adelaide footy and I will be happy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum