View previous topic View next topic Go down

West vs Port

Post by Thiele on Mon May 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Alberton

Saturday
Reserves 11.25
League 2.10

I reckin we are a chance. Few injures at Port

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West vs Port

Post by Wolf Pack on Mon May 02, 2016 8:04 pm

I think we are too....
Hopefully the bye has given the players a chance to freshen up.
C'mon Boys, we need a win on the board!!!!
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu May 05, 2016 5:28 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has been dealt a blow with Adam Hartlett set to miss between 2-3 weeks with a hamstring strain ahead of Saturday’s must-win clash with Port at Alberton.
The former Carlton backman had only just worked his way back to full match fitness after enduring a frustrating pre-season which resulted in him not playing until Round 4.
His absence will be compounded by goalsneak Shannon Green missing through suspension after being found guilty of making forceful front-on contact with Eagle James Boyd on ANZAC Day.
Speedy Murray Bushrangers recruit Murray Waite has again been named on the extended interchange bench, along with midfielder Nick Favretto.
Backman Ben Klemke will replace Hartlett in a key defensive post while experienced pair Taite Silverlock and Daniel Caire have both been named in the 18 to start on the ground against the Magpies.
Chris Burgess is the other certain exclusion after being sent back to the Reserves.

League
F: Stubbs, Willits, Fielke
HF: J. Noble, Slattery, Haysman
C: Silverlock, Schiller, Schmidt
HB: Agostino, Hardy, Wasley-Black
B: Hill, Klemke, Caire

R: Webb, Tuck, O’Brien
INT: Porplyzia, K. Stevens, Middleton, Waite, Favretto
IN: Waite, Favretto, Silverlock, Caire, Klemke
OUT: Hartlett (hamstring), Green (suspension), Burgess

Reserves
Helbig, Pillion, Cua, McPherson, L. Ryan, Vick, Taheny, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Scott, J. Evans, Male, Cameron, J. Ryan, Burgess, J. Stevens, Rankine, G. Hampton, Karpany, L. Evans.

Under-18
Wagner, Goldner, Baldiserra, Eichner, Hocking, O’Driscoll, Crump, M. Johnson, McCulloch, Moore, Walton, Beard, Coates, West, Heitmann, I. Johnson, Davis, Smith, Kromer, Kennedy, Pillion, M. Noble, Toohey, Cameron.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri May 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Malcolm and i will not attending due to ill health but wish the boys enjoy the win☺☺
Oldfella

Number of posts : 266
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat May 07, 2016 5:38 am

Best of luck to the boys for tomorrow from Sicily.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat May 07, 2016 8:22 am

Lee Harradine wrote:Best of luck to the boys for tomorrow from Sicily.

How does our Sicilian zone compare with our Mallee zone Lee?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat May 07, 2016 4:32 pm

I've been looking, no luck.

Been listening and following scores from Sicily. Really disappointing effort, not good enough.

Seems like our on-ballers have done well, but forwards and backs have struggled.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat May 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Port scored from 30 of their 38 inside 50s. To stop a side going into attack from scoring only 8 times in a match is pretty poor.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sat May 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Apparently the West Adelaide football club went to the city Mazda stadium police station today to report 22 players missing last seen at the SAWFL 2015 Grand final.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat May 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Wow!!!
It gets worse every week!!!
Port had probably their worst team in today and their Captain, Summerton dropped out before the game.
They had no interchange at 3 qtr time.
BUT they still out scored us in the final term.
We had 20 more inside 50s......

Change the game plan, coach!!
We are indirect.
We handball too much.
We are not hard enough.

Stevens was our best again.

Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat May 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Disappointing once again,we had 57 inside 50's and
Unfortunately we don't have a key forward who can take a mark.
Webb is our best ruckman and our best key forward.

We haven't had a key forward for so many years,perhaps Hardy
goes forward next week against North.

Recruiting Committee we need to sign 2 key position players as a
priority next year.

Our mix of talls up forward isn't right in my book.
Middleton is playing as our only key forward.
Webb and Willits are the other talls when they aren't rucking
which is asking too much of these guys.
I would like to see 2 genuine key forwards against North in Middleton and Hardy.

Slattery can play down back on Norths Mitch Harvey he is no world beater.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat May 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Bundy! Westies have been found apparently. In the pub still celebrating last years premiership. Even Black and Red appears to have given it up. Probably went to Scicily with Lee.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun May 08, 2016 12:55 am

If he has, he'll be in mourning.

Listened to most of it, very disappointing and just not good enough. We seem slow and I think the selectors will be looking to add some pace. Presumably Waite, Green and Helbig will be considered.

From afar, it looked like our on-ballers, including O'Brien, all did well, but that was about it apart from Caire?

It's become clear what's happened this year now and what needs to be done about it.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun May 08, 2016 8:01 am

I think we need to hear something from the club on this. To go from Premiers to winless after a third of the season is such a dramatic and disastrous collapse that it requires addressing and explanation, and if the club doesn't have an explanation it needs to investigate it.
Two years ago we went from 3rd to 9th, so we've got form in this area (though not in any other.) The weekly match reports don't deal with what must be some sort of systemic problem, and it's time we had some communication that does.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Sun May 08, 2016 9:06 am

I managed to get to this game and now wish i had stayed home.
Some one should tell Middleton to lead from in front of a pack and not go up for a mark in the middle of a pack, he's getting spoilt every time.
And what was Wasley Black thinking when he was running into an open goal 20 meters out and decided to dodge and handball to anther player and stuffed up, lucky we got a free kick and goal to cover that error.
Porplycia doesn’t look right, fumbled at times and that's not the Porplycia we know.
There were very few highlights but one stood out yesterday..Ben Klemke's hit on the Port player in front of the West's interchange bench. One of the best (and fair) bumps iv'e seen in the SANFL for a long time.
Watching from the outer, you can see the players have lost confidence in each other, some terrible errors putting others under pressure at crucial times costing us a game we should have won.  
I agree with Aldo's comment above, there should be an investigation by the club as to what's gone wrong, the coach says in his weekly match report that the players are staff a working on it.. well, it's not working.
we are 6 - zip, the season is gone and i can't see who we can beat with our current form.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun May 08, 2016 9:44 am

Port are a below average side, yet they beat us easily and probably should have won by more...
We are that bad that a winless season is a possibility.
Unbelievable really.
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun May 08, 2016 10:29 am

Just one more whinge from me.....
Port had 204 kicks and 100 handballs.
We had about 180 kicks and 140 handballs!!!

Why is our first instinct to handball every single time.
A long kick in to the forward line is surely a better option on a day like yesterday.

Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun May 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Going on today's North v cows result ....should see us beaten by 9 to ten goal next week. Unless???? we can get them out the pub and into training early in the week! Shocked
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun May 08, 2016 5:51 pm

TAAARS wrote:Going on today's North v cows result ....should see us beaten by 9 to ten goal next week. Unless???? we can get them out the pub and into training early in the week! Shocked
Just heard they are on the loose in Sicily.Maybe with Shannon Rusca.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Sun May 08, 2016 5:54 pm

whispy wrote:I managed to get to this game and now wish i had stayed home.
Some one should tell Middleton to lead from in front of a pack and not go up for a mark in the middle of a pack, he's getting spoilt every time.
And what was Wasley Black thinking when he was running into an open goal 20 meters out and decided to dodge and handball to anther player and stuffed up, lucky we got a free kick and goal to cover that error.
Porplycia doesn’t look right, fumbled at times and that's not the Porplycia we know.
There were very few highlights but one stood out yesterday..Ben Klemke's hit on the Port player in front of the West's interchange bench. One of the best (and fair) bumps iv'e seen in the SANFL for a long time.
Watching from the outer, you can see the players have lost confidence in each other, some terrible errors putting others under pressure at crucial times costing us a game we should have won.  
I agree with Aldo's comment above, there should be an investigation by the club as to what's gone wrong, the coach says in his weekly match report that the players are staff a working on it.. well, it's not working.
we are 6 - zip, the season is gone and i can't see who we can beat with our current form.
i think you mean 0-6 mate lol!

blacky

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 pm

blacky wrote:
whispy wrote:I managed to get to this game and now wish i had stayed home.
i think you mean 0-6 mate lol!

That's what i meant Blacky, played 6 won zip. Very Happy
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum