:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

West vs North

Post by Thiele on Tue May 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Reserves 11.25
League 2.10pm
U/18s vs Norwood 5pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West vs North

Post by Thiele on Tue May 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Helbig might be back in the league. Would love to see Murray Waite given a run. Green will be back from suspension

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm

It's just a question of how much we will be pounded by.

Just don't think I can bring myself to watch it.

I also get the sense this forum is starting to reflect our on field performance....no one gives a sh.t!!
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue May 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Understand that, br, but I'm sure we all do.

I think there are a number of reasons we've been so poor:

Poor pre-season due to late start (Gf win).

Too many long-term injuries.

Recruiting made difficult due to Beech, Keough and Snelling all going in the Rookie Dtaft.

Injuries to our next level of replacements, Homburg, Brin, Agostino, etc.

Mental effect of the premiership win.

Injuries to Green and Fielke have cut our scoring options and Hartlett our defensive structure.

Some of the above were possibly avoidable, in hindsight, some not so.

We have 2 challenges: turn this season around as much as possible, but ensure our recruiting is early  effective and quality.  I can assure supporters that a lot of time has already gone into that. We all understand that winning a premiership and then disappearing is unacceptable.

We will no doubt have some retirements and losses at the end of the season. Last year our salary cap was very tight, shouldn't be the case for next season.

On the field, I have no doubt Mark will correct the problems, but all of us want a strong West Adelaide and we need to give him the tools to work with.

We're all thinking and planning constantly. Right now, it hurts.

We all want the same thing and none of us will accept our current position.

We're 6 games in after a premiership, so to me the only way forward is with positive support, as long as we work our bums off to turn things around.

Right now, criticism is justified and br is right. We should get involved here and give our thoughts, hopefully constructively.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Tue May 10, 2016 9:09 pm

North have improved significantly.
They are quick, and unlike us move the ball long and direct.
We have lost 6 in a row have not even been in any of the games with a chance of winning.

We need some extra run. Give Waite a go.
Porps to play deep forward.
Schmidt and Tuck in the centre square.
Helbig into the backline.

Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Did anyone watch Izak Rankine in the Development Team last week?

He kicked 2 goals, is only 15 and close to the best talent I've seen at junior level for a long time.

Any thoughts?
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed May 11, 2016 10:44 am

To all awfull (sorry afl) talent spotters lee does not know anything and is a poor judge of football talent --- izak cannot play and it is not worth your time looking at him
Just trying to help

Lol

A very special talent in the making who i rate with beau walters and adam cooney - i think he can be that good☺☺

There is some very good potential players coming through our junior grades who given a fair run with injuries will be knocking on the league door in next 12 months
Oldfella

Number of posts : 260
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Wed May 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Unfortunatley players that good are not much use to us once they reach 18.As the AFL just swoop them up.What we need at SANFUL level is 40 almost good enough AFL players. Centrals built a decade of success on that principle.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Wed May 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Did anyone watch Izak Rankine in the Development Team last week?

He kicked 2 goals, is only 15 and close to the best talent I've seen at junior level for a long time.

Any thoughts?

I think the lad has only just turned 16, I stand corrected.

Lightly built but has loads of natural talent, I was very impressed by what I saw, bear in mind it was only one game. He will play league for sure, very exciting to watch.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Wed May 11, 2016 5:53 pm

One of the most significant reasons we won the GF in 2015 was our superior fitness. We were able to run over teams in the last Q. We could make mistakes but out fitness meant we could go again and again and we just got so much more of the ball than anyone else.

This year we must be the most unfit side in the league. We just can't make a contest. Our poor skills are made to look so much worse. We do have a group of players that have had a poor pre-season and just havn't run into any fitness. It is no coincidence that Kaine Stevens is our best player. His pre-season was excellent. He played nearly every trial unlike our midfield. Players like Schmidt, Porps, Green, Tuck, Fielke are all struggling but they are class players and the tide will turn.

I'd like to see young Holliday play in our forward line against North. We need players who can kick goals.

We have reached a point where reputations count for little. Fielke, Green, Willets, Silverlock and Middleton could all benefit from a run or three in the ressies.
blackandred

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu May 12, 2016 4:43 pm

West Adelaide star Jason Porplyzia will be sidelined for between 6-8 weeks with a knee injury, ruling him out of Saturday’s clash with North at City Mazda Stadium.
The former Crow will next week undergo an arthroscopy on his knee, to repair a small tear in his meniscus, in a major blow to the battling Bloods.
‘’We’re not sure when he did it as it could be a recurrence of the injury he had during the pre-season,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.
‘’We will certainly miss his leadership as Jason is an integral guy who the other guys follow closely.’’
Goalsneak Shannon Green will return from his one-match suspension while running defender Brad Helbig could play his first League match of the year.
Helbig has now played two games – one for Waikerie and one for the Bloods’ Reserves – while building match fitness from a serious thigh strain.
Nick Favretto has also been added to the 23-man squad while speedy former Murray Bushrangers wingman Murray Waite (183cm and 74kg) looks set to debut after being trimmed from the squad for the past fortnight.
Impressive forward John Noble has been sent back to the Reserves to find form.

League
F: Silverlock, Middleton, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Slattery, Haysman
C: Waite, Schiller, Schmidt
HB: Green, Hardy, Wasley-Black
B: Hill, Klemke, Caire

R: Weeb, Tuck, O’Brien
INT: Agostino, Stevens, Willits, Helbig, Favretto
IN: Waite, Favretto, Helbig, Green
OUT: Porplyzia (knee), J. Noble

Reserves
Cua, McPherson, L. Ryan, Vick, Taheny, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Scott, J. Evans, Male, J. Ryan, Burgess, Stevens, G. Hampton, Karpany, L. Evans, Fitzpatrick, Turner, J. Noble, O. Johnson.

Under-18
Pillion, Goldner, Eichner, Rodman, O’Driscoll, Crump, Wagner, Bahrkelly, Smith, Moore, Walton, Beard, West, Heitmann, Johnson, Coats, McCulloch, M. Johnson, Binnion, Badcoe, M. Noble, Baldiserra, Cameron.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 pm

NORF 100PTS
bundy

Number of posts : 285
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu May 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Good on you, Bundy.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 pm

I am being realistic we are crap this year!!!!!What is your problem.
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu May 12, 2016 8:17 pm

We are 0 - 6, having been smashed most weeks, and I think I'm right in saying the only senior player who has been dropped this year is Silverlock, for one game. Has everyone else's form been satisfactory, or are the players in the Reserves unworthy of a senior call up?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 pm

I agree with 'Aldo' Silverlock has been the only senior played dropped for the year. There should have been more.

I have read the reasons why we have struggled this year and I agree we have had a few injuries, however when you lose by 12 goals just about every week it has to be A MENTAL THING WITH THE PLAYERS.
They simply haven't turned up to play.

I don't Agree the late start of the Pre-Season due to the GF win has had an impact this year. It certainly didn't worry teams like Norwood or Centrals.

Lachlan

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri May 13, 2016 12:03 am

It looks like it is just one of those years where nothing goes right.
At least we know now why Porps was struggling.
There are several others I think that are restricted too.

I can't see us beating North or anyone for that matter.
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri May 13, 2016 5:47 pm

bundy wrote:NORF 100PTS

Seriously bundy, you have to be taking the piss. We played our best game for the season last week against the ferals.

I know we lost, I was there, unlike some on this forum who have given up on us and sunk the boot in, but seriously, now is when a little support towards the players and plenty of pride towards the club in this difficult time should be shown if you are a TRUE BLOODS supporter.

We are the current premiers and we are all hurting but don't give up on the people involved in trying to turn this around.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

bundy wrote:I am being realistic we are crap this year!!!!!What is your problem.

I don't have a problem, bundy, I'm just not giving up on the players and coaches who gave us a premiership 6 games ago.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Sat May 14, 2016 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Fri May 13, 2016 10:34 pm

testy last weeks game is one we should have won. i was there and and at 3 quarter time we should have played smart tactics against a side that had no bench.nobody questions the players but sometimes can we not think out side of the structures we wanted to play and utlise a game plan that will win us the game at the time.
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 pm

i think at times we are still in the collins theroy no plan b. flexability is the essence
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 am

testy wrote:
bundy wrote:NORF 100PTS

Seriously bundy, you have to be taking the piss. We played our best game for the season last week against the ferals.

I know we lost, I was there, unlike some on this forum who have given up on us and sunk the boot in, but seriously, now is when a little support towards the players and plenty of pride towards the club in this difficult time should be shown if you are a TRUE BLOODS supporter.

We are the current premiers and we are all hurting but don't give up on the people involved in trying to turn this around.

Testy good friend.I am referring to just this years performances against other teams.At the moment we seem to be well below league standard with the group of players playing at the moment.That is just my opinion from afar.
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Sat May 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
bundy wrote:I am being realistic we are crap this year!!!!!What is your problem.

I don't have a problem, bundy, I'm just not giving up on the players and coaches who gave us a premiership 6 games ago.

Make that 7 games ago, might mention that we haven't won any of them. Last year is now history just like our hopes for another shot at a Grand Final is this year. I'm beginning to think that last year was a fluke.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 pm

We won't win a game this year......
We are a joke!!!
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun May 15, 2016 2:33 am

whispy wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:

Make that 7 games ago, might mention that we haven't won any of them. Last year is now history just like our hopes for another shot at a Grand Final is this year. I'm beginning to think that last year was a fluke.

Fair enough, whispy, but I'm with Testy. I've never given up on Westies over 50 years or more and I won't start now.

Having said that, I agree that the footy we're playing this year is terrible and several premiership players have hardly fired a shot.

Again, I don't think this is due to just one thing, but a combination of factors and it has to be addressed quickly.

I'm trying to listen in from Sicily and it's depressing, but I do know no-one is just sitting back accepting it.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum