West vs Sturt

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

West vs Sturt

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has regained premiership players Aaron Fielke and Errin Wasley-Black for the clash against Sturt at Peter Motley Oval on Saturday.
Small forward Fielke has overcome a calf strain which occurred during the warm-up of the Bloods’ Round 14 loss to the Eagles.
Half-back Wasley-Black has recovered from a hamstring strain which has sidelined him since Round 10.
Edwardstown junior Jack Evans will finally make his debut after being named in a back pocket.
Evans, who measures in at 180cm and 75kg, has been regularly named on the Bloods’ extended interchange bench this year, only to be trimmed before the bounce.
But the 21-year-old is a confirmed starter against the Double Blues, who are seeking to maintain top position on the ladder.
Running defender Chris Burgess has been forced out with a calf ailment while key defender Adam Hartlett, who this week announced his retirement at season’s end, was unable to be considered due to a calf injury.
Premiership half-back Logan Hill will play his 100th IGA League match after making his debut in 2008.

League
F: Fielke, Tuck, Turner
HF: J. Noble, Middleton, Haysman
C: Waite, K. Stevens, Schmidt
HB: Hill, Favretto, Green
B: Caire, Hardy, J. Evans

R: Webb, O’Brien, Schiller
INT: Stubbs, Silverlock, Wasley-Black, Helbig, Agostino
IN: Fielke, J. Evans, Wasley-Black
OUT: Burgess (calf)

Reserves
Rodman, Pillion, McPherson, J. Hampton, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Inglis, Majok, Scott, Stidiford, Fitzpatrick, Male, Westhoff, J. Ryan, Noonan, J. Stevens, Rankine, G. Hampton, Karpany, Crump, L. Evans.

Under-18
Goldner, Gutsche, Eichner, Rodman, Martin, Baker, Kewell, O’Driscoll, I. Johnson, Hay, Smith, Moore, Walton, Wagner, West, Heitmann, Secker, Patterson, Lampard, Kennedy, M. Johnson, Binnion, M. Noble, Kenmore, Geddes-Ryan, May.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West vs Sturt

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Well done Logan Hill on his 100th game

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Thanks for the Info, you often read something and click on, but we are out there "listening". Cheers!!
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 pm

That must be one of the shortest sides we've fielded for some time. If Osborn and Beard spend time together up forward we're going to be stretched.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Might be a good thing as it is going to be wet, windy & boggy at Unley. The ball will probably be on the ground most of the game. Not a good day for talls I would think.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Another woeful performance.
Yet again smashed by 89 Points.
We had 42 inside 50's for 4 goals which tells me
our forward line once again was Impetent.
This has been the case for the whole year.

We are the only side in the SANFUL that is Non competitive.

From the first Pre-Season game until now we have been totally
inept in every way except the game against North Adelaide.

Surely The players attitude must be called into question.

In a space of nine months we have gone from Premiers to the laughing
stock of the SANFUL. WHY.

I SINCERELY HOPE THE COACH AND THE RECRUITING COMMITTEE
ARE CLOSE TO SIGNING 3 VERY GOOD KEY POSITION PLAYERS.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Sturt are top.
We are bottom.
The score line reflected that.
There are problems at our club and they are not just on field.....
Only 4 games to go in what has been an absolute nightmare of a season.

Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

What can be said when your team is thrashed 19.7 to 4.8? When your team can’t score a goal in half a game of footy? When your opponents score 11 goals to your zero in the last half? Answer, not much.

Thank goodness for Chris Schmidt. He was, arguably, best on the ground today at Unley. Without him things would have been seriously ugly. Kaine Stevens also worked hard all day but there was daylight between these two and the rest of the playing group. Daniel Caire did some good things, Webb competed against the huge 205cm Osborn but was well beaten on the day. Helbig picked up a total of 2 kicks and is part of a group of premiership players that survive in this team purely on their name and because there is no pressure on places. Hill, Schiller, Green, Fielke, Silverlock, Haysman all played in a winning grand final last year but none would make another SANFL side based on their current form. Even Tuck is struggling and cannot deal with the pace of the game.

Strangely enough, for a team that could only manage 4 goals we had more possessions than Sturt. Sadly, this only serves to demonstrate how inefficient we are with our use of the ball and our obsession with moving it sideways. It was embarrassing to witness Sturt’s skills compared with ours. You shake your head at the number of times we gift the ball to the opposition. Our forward line resembled a mobile wrestling match while Sturt scored with ease through a wide open forward set up.

Wasley-Black and Stubbs didn’t play. Evans came in for his first game and Logan Hill played his hundredth. This is the third game in a row that we have conceded 19 goals and I’m guessing this was our worst defeat in a miserable, embarrassing and disgraceful season.

The Ressies drew with Sturt (who are bottom).
blackandred

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:Sturt are top.
We are bottom.
The score line reflected that.
There are problems at our club and they are not just on field.....
Only 4 games to go in what has been an absolute nightmare of a season.
Need a clean out, starting with a couple who think they are bigger than the club itself, and they are not players.
whispy

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by zumunda on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:11 pm

I here there is a bus on its way
zumunda

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:24 pm

FFS, we kicked 4 points in the second half!!!!!
What the hell is going on at our club!!!!!
We are an absolute joke.
We need a big clean out starting with the NON PLAYING GROUP..
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:52 am

This just can't continue. There has to be change at some level. The cliched line that "this is unacceptable" is meaningless unless there is a response to show that you aren't accepting it. We've lost half the games we've played by more than 70 points. In my experience you only get those sorts of results if there is a disconnection between the players and the coach.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by postie on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:37 am

every week i keep on hearing talk about off field issues. we need to address this immediately if they are correct. we need positive input by those who have the most influence on football matters. if what i am told is correct it is not a issue with coach. very disappointing effort yesterday.will definately be there for adams last game he deserves our support.
postie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:15 am

Well, I've been a Board member who has continued to openly discuss our footy ups and downs on this forum.

We are all hurting and looking for answers and I'm no different. None of us invest so much of our lives to accept what this year has dished up.

The Board started last year with the existential challenge of turning  a financial basket case into a club with a clear financial future. This has taken enormous work, but we have made good progress, especially thanks to several passionate West Adelaide people.

Having made progress with that and with a West Adelaide legend on Mark Mickan leading us to a premiership, I think we all thought we were in for a new era.

We're all shocked at our performances this year. Football success is and must be our top priority. All of us have to acknowledge these results point to problems that need to be identified and acted on.

.......Cont'd

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 698
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:31 am

My thoughts are that there are a number of reasons that have led to these results. We all know what most of those are, draft, injuries, recruiting, etc, etc. They might explain a lack of success, they certainly don't, IMO, explain such heavy losses.

All I can say is that every aspect of the season is and will be looked at in detail by Mark, the Football Dept and the Board to not only identify and deal with any problems, but to plan and act to restore us to what we all want.

That is non-negotiable.

I also thank those posters who care about our club so passionately and who post on here.

We've seen that there's not much between a premiership and a wipeout.  Our task is to positively identify what makes that difference.

It's a time to look for positive solutions and support for our club, but we can't ignore what we're enduring right now.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:52 am

I am hurting too, nothing new for Westies supporters, but I will stick with them through thick and thin. If People are going to make half baked allegations they should front up and get it out there. It was fine Last year, when the same dedicated People at all levels within the club combined to win West Adelaide a Premiership. If you have something to say, say it.
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by magnificent moose on Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:38 pm

We had 5 of the 6 top possession winners on the ground according to the SANFL app. I have no idea whether there are off-field issues contributing to this terrible season - good posts though LH and RODH2, thanks.
magnificent moose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks Martin.

I can assure everyone that there are no off-field issues at all.

If any posters who think otherwise want to give specific detail, I'm happy to address that. If not, it doesn't help anyone to make unfounddd accusations.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:34 am

So when a club is going sooo bad there is no back stabbing, no pointing the blame onto someone one,no talking behind someones back,no one thinking they are doing a great job when in fact they are crap.Interesting eh.I have not facts,but i have been around clubs to know it happens.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:31 am

As you say, bundy, you have no facts and you definitely haven't been around the club.

The same people who are here now won a premiership last year and are working hard to understand what's happening this year.  They're all good people and there's certainly no back-stabbing.

If you can back up your statements with evidence, let me or the club know and something will be done about it.  If it's just innuendo against good people who worry about what's happening this year, then perhaps think twice before posting.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum