Finances

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finances

Post by bundy on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:44 am

Hi is there any chance we can find out how the club is going at the moment.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Finances

Post by whispy on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:35 am

bundy wrote:Hi is there any chance we can find out how the club is going at the moment.

From what i have heard, i don't think you would want to know.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by zumunda on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:40 am

I hear people leaving already
zumunda

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:05 pm

There will be a finance update to members soon.

Broadly speaking, though, our result will be very much better than last year and we are about to reduce our debt by $250,000 through the SANFL funding from AAMI.

Given our on-field woes, revenue and cash flow is under pressure, but costs have been controlled.

It's a tough environment, but we are making solid progress and members can have confidence in the financial future.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Sounds like a politician's response
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Well it's the truth, bundy, so probably not.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:23 pm

ther rumur of pasyers not being paid true?
whatt ive heardd isntt gd
ccrump

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Are all our bills being paid on time.
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:49 pm

My original answer stands. Our cash flow is difficult at this time of the year, mainly due to lower revenue and crowds, due to our poor season.

Despite this, we are financially sound and any 'rumours' to the contrary are just wrong.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:07 pm

so the rumur of playerscf not being paid is falswe?
ccrump

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:11 pm

ccrump wrote:so the rumur of playerscf not being paid is falswe?

Maybe not if the contracts are performance based.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 am

So all our bills are being paid on time,is that true.a yes or no will do ,just to appease me.
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:39 am

bundy wrote:So all our bills are being paid on time,is that true.a yes or no will do ,just to appease me.

Creditors are NOT being paid is what i was told.
You only have to chat to certain people near the bar to hear that all is not well.
But relax Bundy, Lee has it under control. Very Happy
whispy

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:33 am

As if our Season on the field was not enough to appease the pessimists and nay-sayers, now People have to attack the Club with half-baked and unsubstantiated rumours..... Yes, it is extremely difficult to run ANY footy club in the current circumstances, but I will support the Club as best I can, and I reckon those at the Club running things are doing a good job in trying times. You can always volunteer for a position, or nominate for the Board, or even just communicate your ideas to the Club. I am a Member, and I stand with West Adelaide!
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:07 am

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Oldfella

Number of posts : 268
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:15 am

RODH2 wrote:As if our Season on the field was not enough to appease the pessimists and nay-sayers, now People have to attack the Club with half-baked and unsubstantiated rumours..... Yes, it is extremely difficult to run ANY footy club in the current circumstances, but I will support the Club as best I can, and I reckon those at the Club running things are doing a good job in trying times. You can always volunteer for a position, or nominate for the Board, or even just communicate your ideas to the Club. I am a Member, and I stand with West Adelaide!

No one is having a go at anyone, just stating that there are serious financial problems in the club and bills are not being paid... as for rumours, ask the Coca Cola company how much we owe them.
whispy

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:53 am

If you know whispy, then you don't have to ask. I'm sure things are tough at most footy clubs, the Bays were in the news just recently, and there are other clubs in the same position, I'm sure. Our on field performance is a big issue and it will be addressed, and finances are a tough issue too. Got any Ideas to address these problems, maybe you can stick your hand up and have a go! (And respect if you are working with the Club, I don't know...)
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:13 pm

As Finance Director, I'm obviously not going to canvass our finances in detail on a public forum. Genuine questions about our finances and position are always welcome, but I really have to wonder about the motives of supporters who ask questions they already think they know the answer to, knowing it will only hurt the club.

Almost all SANFL clubs find cash flow tight at this time of the year, due to paying players over about 5 months and getting SANFL distributions over 12 months.

The Club is publicly accountable each year when it publishes its financials.  All players have been or will be paid, with minimal delay. Our creditors position is vastly better now than a year or two ago and we're making strong progress in our financial results.

We are nowhere near any financial 'crisis' and are further away from that than we have been for years.

Extrapolating cash flow management with a 'crisis' is extremely irresponsible and just hurts our club.  Why post it?

Yet again, I stand by my first statement about our situation. The truth or otherwise about that can be soon judged.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:05 pm

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Oldfella

Number of posts : 268
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Have stayed out of this issue all season but as it is now over will put my 2cents worth in. I am a secretary of a flying group as some on here would know which is entirely voluntary and time consuming. Some of our members like to think I am their paid servant that should attend their every need be it to book the aircraft for them,fix it,maintain it etc. They would have me drive them to the airport too if I let them. Very few of the group ever help out,but sure let you know if they are unhappy about anything,be it the state of the aircraft,finances etc or SHOCK HORROR if the flying rate has to go up! Take it from me volunteering for anything is a thankless job.
The same applies to any other club such as footy clubs and from my experiance usually the biggest complainers are the ones that do the least.
I take my hat off to our volunteers especially the year we just had ( I cant bear to watch the slaughter each week let alone work endless hours amongst it)
So is it fair to complain about the running of the club?
In my view if they are paid  and take money for doing a job such as players,umpires,coaches,the CEO,barstaff etc and do not perform as expected then fair enough,as with any other workplace you get told to lift your game or be replaced.
Volunteers however are not in that category. They usually have a job to go to each day and do the clubs work in their own free time. It is not fair to complain about them. If anyone is unhappy about a volunteers efforts then as RODH2 says put your hand up and do better. Who knows they might just welcome the break/help.
Rant over. Hope for a much improved year next year.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum