Post by scorpion on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Tom has been delisted
scorpion

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Keough

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:23 pm

And the Club has been in close touch with him.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:27 pm

What a disgraceful effort by the GC Suns. Pick a mature age recruit and then dump him after a year. It was clear very early on that Eade didn't rate Keough; when injuries hit them he was asked if Tom was a chance for a senior spot and Eade was quite dismissive of his prospects. It makes you wonder if Gold Coast's list managers had a conversation with Eade about Keough before they rookied him.

Considering our other mature aged draft loss, Beech, also hasn't played a senior game, it makes me think there should be some compensation for SANFL clubs in these circumstances. Wishful thinking I know, but you can accept losing kids to the draft (reluctantly for me), but when you lose seasoned players for, ultimately, no good reason and they spend their time playing in an inferior or the same competition, it's extremely frustrating.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Agree with that Aldo. Not to mention he gave up a secure teaching job to follow his dream. I hope he gets his job back. And we sure could do with him here at Westies. He appears a very honourable bloke so if he returns to SA would expect him to return to us as long as he is not dissallusioned with footy and gives it away at the top levels.
As for Beechy I think I read somewhere he has been promoted to the senior list,so may still make it.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:19 pm

He was there 3rd pick in the rookie draft at the age of 23.
Unfortunately he played b grade all year and now he has been dumped after 1 year.
This really makes a mockery of the rookie system when a player is moved half way across the country but is not considered good enough to be upgraded after having an injury list as long as your arm, and to be delisted after only 1 year is a disgrace.
I wish Tom all the best and hope to see him playing for westies next year.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Testy

You summed it up perfectly. I really hope we see Tom back
in the Red & Black next year, he is a very very good player.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum