Recruiting

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Recruiting

Post by aldo russian on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am

brodlach wrote:Had you blokes spoken to him before he left, while he was away or since he has been back?  I did Wink

If you're saying his return was a fait accompli and required no work or persuasion from the club you are incorrect.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:39 am

I disagree

Perhaps I shouldn't post on here, seems unless you slap certain people from the club constantly on the back a bevy of friends and family hoist a flag. Not everyone has to toe the club line, questions need to be asked at times whether people like it or not
brodlach

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:20 pm

Brodlach I will question anyone's point of view if I disagree with it. Some people on here who have their posts challenged (which is what a forum is all about) take it as some defensive structure to protect people or shut down discussion. If I challenge something you say, I don't want you to shut down or stop posting, I want you to argue your point so that we have a discussion about it.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:02 pm

Fielkes has signed👍👍👍
Oldfella

Number of posts : 273
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Oldfella wrote:Fielkes has signed👍👍👍

Well done to the recruiting committee Cool Cool Wink
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:15 pm

I think i agree with you
😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Shocked Shocked
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:40 am

Wow what coup.
bundy

Number of posts : 289
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Bundy, why don't you go and barrack for another mob?
RODH2

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:20 am

I suffer from severe clinical depression and find your response quite upsetting.I am entitled to my opinion just like you.Such a protective little family aren't we.
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:52 am

Bundy, Respect from me, If you think positive thoughts, positive things may begin to happen. That goes for Westies, and I believe it goes for life in general. Westies need your positive support, fair criticism and debate is fine, of course. I am Family, but it is a West Adelaide Family, and my thoughts are my own. I apologise for upsetting you, let's get behind Westies and give it all we have got. We have had a bad year, but I am optimistic for next season, and I hope you will get on board!
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:00 pm

bundy wrote:Wow what coup.

Bundy mate, as you and some others know i also suffer from severe clinical depression that has had a major impact on my life and sensitivity to things in general. I should have responded to your comment sooner but had to deal with some personal demons reguarding your comment before i could respond -- i think and hope you understand and can read between the lines.

In response, i took your comment to be a saracastical indication that it was not a big deal and not worth mentioning and i believe rod and others took it that way too -- if i am incorrect in this interpretation then i apologise.

If my interpretation of your comment is correct then from the sense that it is just a resigning of an existing player and not a new recruit for the club then i can agree that from a superficial level then it is not a big deal nor a coup.

However, when it is considered that the retention of any league class player especially one recognised as in the best forwards in the league is critical to the clubs onging success on the field then this signing of young fielke who is most definitly league quality in character, performance and ability is a big deal well wothy of mention at the least amd can be considerred a bit of a coup.

For broadlack, while not knowing for sure i am reasonably certain that this reflects good work by our quality football manager andrew rather than the recruiting committee as a whole😀

as i have expressed previously, given the other life style demand, approaches from other clubs or invitations/approaches from other levels of football then retention of players is a very difficult task not recognised by many ---- we have lost league quality players this year due to these concerns so this type of signing is critical example being
http://westadelaidefc.com.au/homburg-hangs-up-his-boots/

thank you for your sensitive comment once you realised your post had caused pain to a fellow supporter

Last edited by Oldfella on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Thankyou, Oldfella, always look forward to your input on the Forum!
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:21 pm

Zac bates

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/zac-bates-rejoins-the-bloods-for-2017/

Sad for kid but great for club --- keep them coming please

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:24 pm

MIDDLETON AND SILVERLOCK SIGN FOR 2017

Two more quality league standard resignings

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/middleton-and-silverlock-sign-for-2017/
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 am

I'm still not convinced we have recruited enough just yet... Jake Wilson and Keough are good pick ups which will strengthen our defence, but the other other recruits don't come with big wraps, Lachlan Peter struggled to get a game at Norwood, Zac Bates was riddled with injury last year and rumours have it Zac O'Brien won't play with us.
I'm not trying to be negative but we desperately still need a couple of key position players.
whispy

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:50 am

Well put i am thinking on the same lines.You just print it better.
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 am

Whispy, i would love to see an aditional quality big forward and my greatest concern is a genuine replacement for the hard at it but so so skillfull tucky -- sadly they just do not fall off the trees.

I believe the ex norwood lad had a broken wrist early last year hence was behind 8ball to play a lot of league kast season but norwood supporters i know rate the kid -- time will tell i suppose

Went to preseason training wed night and was pleasantly surprised to see two metre pete running around -- also pleased to note that focus of training was on skill combined with fitness

I feel our real improvement this year will be the added experience juniour gained last year and thier natural progression but i admit that i can have rose coloured glasses at times😀
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:36 am

Sorry whispy, reference Zac O'Brien i have heard nothing about him in fact only thing i can say is at the training wed night his name was not even mentioned which if he was leaving most assuredly would have been mentioned. Bloody hope it untrue as he can realy play.

Over to club for comment????

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:14 pm

I think our squad looks pretty good.
We just need to have our best players on the ground instead of the sidelines which is what happened in 2016.
It's tough to get players these days and I think we have done pretty well compared to the other clubs so far.
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:39 pm

Oldfella wrote:Sorry whispy, reference Zac O'Brien i have heard nothing about him in fact only thing i can say is at the training wed night his name was not even mentioned which if he was leaving most assuredly would have been mentioned. Bloody hope it untrue as he can realy play.

Over to club for comment????

so was he at training if not then whispy rumor is true dont you think
just saying

blacky

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:33 pm

No mate, nothing i know can suggest one way or the other that whispys rumour is true or incorrect as i previously responded.

main training was not at richmond due to oval being dug up rather was off military road -- only a couple of the senior players trained there (fielke, green keo) for example any on injury rehabilitation trained in gym at richmond.

He was not at military road training and i would not have a clue who trained at richmond as  it just was not discussed as i wrote.

If you have better information then please advise

Last edited by Oldfella on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 am

Oldfella wrote:
main training was not at richmond due to oval being dug up rather was off military road -- only a couple of the senior players trained there (fielke, green keo) for example any on injury rehabilitation trained in gym at richmond.

Why did only a couple of the senior players train there? Where were the others training?
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:59 am

Aldo,

Do not fully understand your question as i feel my previous post addressed your question ----  i am a bit all over the place this morning and not thinking totally clear - sorry

The senior players i mentioned were just the ones i recalled -- there were some other senior players there but who they were did did not stick in this poor addled mind.

As i explained in post i was told that any players on injury or rehabilitation were training at richmond in gym

While my post was specifically addressing that i had no knowledge reference one player (zac) ----in the broader picture i said that who was training at richmond was not raised in discussion so i really dont know who was at richmond and who is injured or on rehab at this time -- if i knew i would say

Best answer i can give mate
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:17 pm

No dramas oldfella, I was just wondering why only a couple of senior players were at training.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum