Recruiting

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Recruiting

Post by Mark Beswick on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Yes... we try and keep in touch with our past players eho get drafted... its something we have improved at and can always improve upon
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Nathan Batley From the Eagles has joined the Bloods

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:22 am

It's great to get all the communication on the signings for next year but can someone just indicate out of a score of 10 how our list is looking for next year based on the known signings please.

10 - as good a list as 2015 (premiership material)
1 - 2016 the worst team in the league.

Still debating membership and a lot of the decision is based on our performance expectations for this coming season.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Disappointing to hear you are going to decide whether to become a member or not billrobs1 based on what forum members think of our recruiting scratch

You give a 10 for our list at the start of 2015, we finished 9th in 2014 so you must have known something no one else did. Granted our list at the start of 2016 was after a premiership and like me we all had great hopes only to be let down with what would have to be the worst season ever.
For what its worth I think the club has been very active in this off season competing with all other clubs for signatures and have targetted our new recruits very well.
This is all based before a ball has been kicked but I am confident we will more than hold our own.
Get along and sign up billrobs1, your a good supporter.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:12 pm

I agree with testy 100%. Get along and support the Club!!
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Well said Testy. This is my take on it billrobs.

You should be buoyed by our clubs recruting this off season considering how difficult it is these days both financially & the fact that there are so many options for players. Let's go through them.

Jake Wilson: VFL State full back & VFL team of the year for the past 2 seasons. A huge get. Will offer the strength, stability & leadership in our defence after the departure of ADAM. A very valuable recruit.

TOM Keough: Also a great get considering the options he had & doesn't need too much further comment based on what we have seen. A true champ at SANFL level & a great bloke & clubman to bond the troops together. Don't forget he not only was a premiership player but won the FOS WILLIAMS medal in the WA state game in 2015. Class act.

Lachlan Peter: Starved for opportunity in Norwood forward line with LEWIS Johnson & Brady Dawe plus a couple of other experienced forwards. Has plenty of endurance & was ahead in running times pre-season last year. Set back by broken wrist in 2016 but comes highly recommended for his ability to lead strong, mark well & kick well. All things we have been looking for in a forward for some time. Hopes are high for this young man. Could kick plenty.

JESSE Watchman: Forward/ruck. Was disappointed to see him give it away far too early but pleased to see him back. Has a lot to offer & a size & height that doesn't grow on trees. Plenty of talent to offer.

Zac Bates: plagued with injury at Geelong but STEVEN Wells (Geelong recruiting Mgr) rated him very highly when drafted a few years ago. Needs a strong pre-season to get his legs right & offers plenty of deft skill & speed which we are always looking for. Watch this kid he is still a youngster. With Izac Rankine they will burn up the turf with their leg speed & footy nouse.

Nathan BATLEY: Can't understand why the Eagles would let this kid go. He has got so much upside. Has played plenty of SANFL league footy & knows what is required. His electric speed, clean hands & strong kick can only improve our skills which has been a bone of contention last season.

On top of these guys Mason Middleton had a pretty good season as our most improved player  and stood out for his strong one grab marks & accuracy in front of goal. Will only improve as he becomes more comfortable in league ranks.

Porps playing on is a huge bonus & his appointment as an assistant coach will enhance his on field leadership. He will be like a new recruit seeing he hardly played a game last season. Top class player & we badly need him on the field.

Our core group of players know that last season was totally unacceptable & have a steely resolve to return our club to a winning position. Personally I am convinced that they mentally relaxed last season after the premiership & this SANFL comp is such that you do that at your own peril. A 10% drop in attitude can kill you and it did.

Our courageous captain SCHMIDTY Played his usual reliable self but struggled with his body all year. Has had 3 off season operations to fix & clean up some niggles, is back on  track with the rehab group & is so determined to reverse the ordinary team performance we all witnessed.

Please continue to support our club & re-join which is very important. I'm excited so I hope this rubs off.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Great response MP.
Thanks
I don't believe I am the only one debating membership after last years disappointment.
I am not one for blind faith.
Dare I suggest the club (maybe the coach) needs to explain how last years efforts will not be repeated. Confidence in the coach and the list needs to be restored.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Great to see.Porps playing on is a huge bonus & his appointment as an assistant coach will enhance his on field leadership. He will be like a new recruit seeing he hardly played a game last season. Top class player & we badly need him on the field.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Echo. Hope u r well mate!!!
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:49 pm

When your team is not playing well and they're struggling, is when they need you the most.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:59 am

Mypaspective wrote:Echo. Hope u r well mate!!!
Thank you for your thoughts,but struggling mentally cancer treatment starts 24 Jan.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:26 am

Sorry to hear that BUNDY.

Keep that drum beating. We are all with you.

Good luck.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 am

Bundy, you have kept the black dog at bay before and you have faced down the dancer before because your strong and loved -- keep punching mate and good luck with the treatment -- i have you in my prayers 👍👍👍👍
Oldfella

Number of posts : 266
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:32 am

Mp --- great write up and critique of clubs recruiting this year but you forgot my favourite 2metre pete
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:39 am

The reason oldfella is that 2M Pete has not yet committed. We obviously all hope he does but he is weighing up work, uni study & football.

He is out at training & putting in the hard yards so let's hope he makes a favourable decision.

We are all trying our hardest to convince him, believe me.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 am

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 pm

With Tom Schott leaving that will make someone happy at the club who didn't rate him

blacky

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 pm

blacky wrote:With Tom Schott leaving that will make someone happy at the club who didn't rate him

and who would that be, then.... ?
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:09 pm

RODH2 wrote:
blacky wrote:With Tom Schott leaving that will make someone happy at the club who didn't rate him

Actually someone you don't know
So I can't make comments on here without people thinking I'm talking about someone else
If that's going to happen what is the point of having a forum

blacky

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:36 pm

RODH2 wrote:

FFS again somebody doesn't tow the company line they get ridiculed/smart ass comments. Not everyone who is a true supporter has to be a "yes" man

Serious question to Myperspective, if Peter doesn't sign what is the back up plan for ruck? Webby cannot continue to play that role otherwise he will be in early retirement. Also if Peter returns is Mark Mickan happy to play him as he seemed out of favour before he left.
brodlach

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 pm

It's TOE the Line, Toe the line....... #FFS
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm

RODH2 wrote: It's TOE the Line, Toe the line....... #FFS

Thanks, you're an absolute legend and I fully understand how you have grown up the person you are.
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Thanks, a true West Adelaide supporter through thick and thin, and always looking for the positive, but working through the negatives. How about you, supporting Westies in 2017?
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Always have always will.

I guess I'm just not blinded by the light and therefore not a happy clapper. If people only look at the positives the negatives can bite you on the ass.... season 2016 a testament of that.
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:19 pm

...and 2015 was a bloody struggle, by the same token. (I actually said, working thru the negatives....)
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum