Radio Report

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radio Report

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Website announcement by John Kantilaftas.

(relating to comments allegedly by Michelangelo Rucci)

RADIO REPORT CLARIFICATION

Last weekend there was a report on radio suggesting that the West Adelaide Football Club was in serious financial trouble. This is totally incorrect.

The reality is that the Club owns its clubrooms and the land it occupies. This is a significant asset and underpins the Club's financial position.

Over the past 3 years, we have reduced expenditure significantly (in the vicinity of $450,000 plus) and have taken steps to improve revenue streams by leasing the first floor area to Billiards and Snooker SA.

We have also streamlined the Function Centre operation to return a small profit in 2016 and improved Gaming performance, which is showing a slight increase in trading in 2016 compared with 2015.

Our only non-current liability is to the Westies Wolfpack Unit Trust, a group of passionate Board members and supporters who have a long-term commitment to our club.

As with other clubs, we do suffer seasonal cash flow difficulties and this can become significant towards the end of the year. However, we have always and will continue to meet our commitments.

Our budget, showing a profit for 2017, has been recently submitted to the SANFL, who have reviewed and accepted it.

The Club will continue to work to improve its performance, but the steps we have already taken have meant there is no current threat to the financial viability of the West Adelaide Football Club and we are extremely confident of our future.

John Kantilaftas - CEO

Admin

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Radio Report

Post by Oldfella on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:07 pm

I am very please that the club has responded so quickly and comprehensively to this rumour before any damage to the clubs business profile and reputation could occur.

As well as this press release i believe and hope that the club has also contacted the station that put out this rumour to ensure they understand and do not repeat this error of misinformation.

As i expressed in facebook god we are going to miss kanta and his professional leadership
Oldfella

Number of posts : 269
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Forget starting with the word allegedly,  he did say this as I heard the conversation on the sport show last Saturday morning.
It came after a caller made mention of the debt that the Glenelg Football Club has (a figure of $2,000,000 was spoken of) and wanted to discuss there predicament,  straight away Rucci came back at the caller and said the SANFL should be more concerned with the debt that the WAFC has, I was quite staggered with his comment.

It would be good if someone from the club spoke to him this week and put things straight with him.
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:05 pm

I spoke to RUCCI today at length & he claimed he was referring to all SANFL clubs on the Western side of Adelaide saying they are all financially challenged for various reasons. I said why single out Westies for a tirade when there are other clubs with no assets & in a far greater predicament than us. Had him on the back foot I think.

I didn't actually personally hear the programme last Saturday to take up the argument too strongly.

He is about to go on his annual holiday to Italy for a couple of months. Perhaps he is just tired & emotional after a hard years work.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:12 pm

He might be tired and emotional, (hah), but it is fast getting to the stage where people will just tune out from anything he has got to say.
RODH2

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:18 pm

RODH2 wrote:He might be tired and emotional, (hah),  but it is fast getting to the stage where people will just tune out from anything he has got to say.
I tuned out years ago Idea

blacky

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

I believe at the threat of legal action that the club should demand that ruchi be made to read an agreed statement of correction and fact at the start of the next program and at least once during that program.

Not that he is likely to come to westies i further call the management to ban ruchi from west adelaide football club premises and surrounds and until such time as he formally ( verbal on air or in writing) apologises be banned from all communication with any club official or player (stuff any pressure from samfl by the way)

This is not a freedom of press or freedom of speech issue.

Well done mypaspective on fronting the jerk
Oldfella

Number of posts : 269
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum