Help needed

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help needed

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:32 am

I have been asked to post a request for assistance to our passionate forum members for course marshalls to assist for 2 hours ONLY at the 2017 Cyclethon. The Cyclethon is an important fund raiser for the club & your help would be greatly appreciated. It is always really hard to get volunteers so if a few of you could step up the club will benefit. We need your help please.

It is being held on Sunday Feb 5 from 8.30 - 10.30am at the club followed by a free sausage sizzle & drink for all participants to mix with the players.

All you need to do is guide/direct the cyclists at a given point on the pre-set course.

A really easy job just bring a fold up chair & a hat. You will be provided a Fluro safety vest.

Volunteers will automatically go in the draw with the riders (held immediately after the race) for an electrical prize donated by Harvey Norman or an executive office chair donated by Mile End Office Furniture both valued at $500. Well worth winning for a couple of hours of your time.

Please respond on this topic by replying so that I can pass on your details to the organisers.

Then on the day report to Paul Sperling in the club car park who will register you & direct you to your location on the course. JOB DONE!!! When all the riders are finished come back to the club & have a chat with the players at the sausage sizzle.

IT IS GOOD FUN & YOU WOULD BE HELPING THE CLUB REACH CRITICAL FINANCIAL TARGETS IN 2017. IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD!!!
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Help needed

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:34 am

I'm happy to volunteer, MP.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 698
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanx Lee. We can always rely on you.

Anyone else please. Our request fell on deaf ears last year. It's not a big ask guys. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Lock my wife and myself in to help out.

Have a few health issues at the moment but will let Lee know the day before as to whether we will be there.
Would love to so hopefully all will be well, cheers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Proud member since 1978
testy

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanx Testy. Let's hope u r well enough. Your help would b brilliant.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Yeah I will help out

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:00 am

Thanx Jason you're a regular. Good work & cheers.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by bludntars on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:48 pm

put me down will help if ok as have chemo the previous week
bludntars

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks B&T. Hope to see u there.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by bludntars on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:21 am

sorry umwell
bludntars

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks for letting me know Bludntars. Hope you are feeling better soon. I understand your position.

Would all others who have kindly offered help, please be in the oval car park at NLT 8am on this Sunday morning. If u can bring a friend that would be great.

Ask for Paul Sperling & he will allocate a map, a hivis vest & location on the course etc. Bring a chair & a hat.

Thanks to those who responded to the call to arms for the Cyclethon.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:46 am

As you all are aware the Cyclethon was deferred from Feb 5 due to inclement weather.

It has been re-scheduled to be run next Sunday March 19 @ 8am. Please report to Paul Sperling @7.45am for instructions.

Those who offered to help as course marshalls for Feb 5 would be very welcome again.

Don't forget you go into the draw for one of two prizes if you participate as a rider or volunteer course marshall. A Yamaha home theatre system (value $600) courtesy of our great friend Nick Karasoulos Harvey Norman Gepps Cross or an executive office chair (value $500) from our regular sponsor Mile End Office Furniture.

Please respond if you are still able to assist.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:14 am

Mypaspective wrote:As you all are aware the Cyclethon was deferred from Feb 5 due to inclement weather.

It has been re-scheduled to be run next Sunday March 19 @ 8am. Please report to Paul Sperling @7.45am for instructions.

Those who offered to help as course marshalls for Feb 5 would be very welcome again.

Don't forget you go into the draw for one of two prizes if you participate as a rider or volunteer course marshall. A Yamaha home theatre system (value $600) courtesy of our great friend Nick Karasoulos Harvey Norman Gepps Cross or an executive office chair (value $500) from our regular sponsor Mile End Office Furniture.

Please respond if you are still able to assist.

Lock both myself and Heather in, health permitting, but so far all good, any change you will be notified, cheers for now.

Proud member since 1978
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 am

Cheers Testy. Much appreciated.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Count me in

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanx Jason
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 pm

A special thanks to a few very loyal forum members who assisted as Course Marshalls for today's Cyclethon.

To Testy & his wife Heather, JASON Thiele & of course club stalwart & President Lee HARRADINE, your assistance was greatly appreciated.

Ironically Testy was the first winner of the $600 Yamaha Home Theatre system but very kindly asked it to be re-drawn. It was then re-drawn & the next person drawn out was JASON Thiele. He also was very kind in donating it back. The third time it was drawn out by Gavin Colville it was won by ALEX Scott. He took it with uncomfortable glee.

The Executive office chair was won by Josh Smithson.

Thanks to all players & supporters who participated in the ride. It raised substantial much needed funds for the club.
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum