President's Report

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

President's Report

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:16 pm

First of a regular update about the Club.

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/2017/04/28/presidents-report/

Admin

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: President's Report

Post by whispy on Fri May 12, 2017 12:09 pm

We must be going very well, I was told at the club that we have an ice storage freezer that's been repossessed because the club refuses to buy ice from the company that provides the freezer.
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri May 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Who's job is it to buy the ice?
brodlach

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri May 12, 2017 3:10 pm

I am not sure what you are trying to suggest whispy but my comment are based on assuming what you have heard is true and accurate, given that the club has an ice making machine over at the grandstand for football use and one in the room behind the bar for main club use the i would think that the amount bagged ice purchased now was very limited. 

The big ice user in the club is the football rooms not the bar area and prior to the ice making machine being install at the grandstand several years ago then the playing rooms went through a full bagged ice storage per week -- since its instalation (except when requiring service/repair) the ice maker provides ample supply which has lead to a requirement for minimun purchase from external supplier.

The supplier originaly supplied on loan the ice storage machine and would fill it on a weekly basis which does not happen now. It makes perfect business sense for the supplier to withdraw the expensive loaned storage unit and use it at another of its clients  locations.  Btw i think repossessed is an incorrect terminology as it has negative financial implications rather was a piece of loan equiptment withdrawn by the supplier.

I have not contacted the club about this rather have based on  personal knowledge as being involved in this area so may be totaly wrong -- if you or any member  wants more accurate information then ring the club. They are more than happy to answer question raised by members at any time.
Oldfella

Number of posts : 266
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri May 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Brodlack, sorry seen your post after i posted mine.

As i understand it is the club who purchases and supplies ice as required.

External supplied bagged ice was a considerable annual expense hence made the purchase of the grand stand ice making machine finacially viable  --- whilst the icemalers meet normal clib requirements i do believe there is times where the club still has to purchase bagged ice ona few occasions each year.

Hope this answers question mate

Edited to add -- may have misread questionsorry --  if you meant who in the club orders extenal supplied bagged ice i think the football manager or the bar manager but just a guess

Last edited by Oldfella on Fri May 12, 2017 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Detail)
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Really enjoyed hosting a volunteers' night at the club last Thursday.

Great to see the BBQ crew there. Nice i'view with Jack Pannenburg and thanks to the leadership group and Mark Mickan for attending and addressing the volunteers.

Next Friday night at about 6pm (to be confirmed), I will be introducing David Grenvold to the members and supporters. We will then be open to questions.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Really enjoyed hosting a volunteers' night at the club last Thursday.

Great to see the BBQ crew there. Nice i'view with Jack Pannenburg and thanks to the leadership group and Mark Mickan for attending and addressing the volunteers.

Next Friday night at about 6pm (to be confirmed), I will be introducing David Grenvold to the members and supporters.  We will then be open to questions.

Lee,
This would seem to be a very important exercise, an opportunity to reassure members and supporters that the club has a forward vision and that success in the medium term is anticipated. It is imperative that we supporters and members are united in our belief that the club can be successful again. I have been impressed with the quality and price of meals in recent times. I have taken the extended family there on numerous occasions recently and they have said they're more than happy to return. We were there on Sunday for my birthday. The grand kids had a ball and my son spotted Tucky and Fielks. They both took the time to talk to him. Sean promptly changed into his Westies kit. We then went out on the oval for a few 'dobs' after lunch and every one enjoyed themselves. The only down side was we got locked in and had to phone the bar staff to let us out. I loved my birthday at Westies. The only other down side was the lack of diners. Maybe the club should focus on promoting a family day once a month, maybe on a Sunday. This would provide an opportunity for Westies families to mix and get to know each other. A few players in attendance would help to facilitate this. Look forward to meeting David on Friday.
Go the Bloods.
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks Bruce, I will pass on your comments.

I hope there will be many supporters there on Friday and we get asked all the questions that need to be asked. We'll do our best to answer them all.

I fully agree with your comments about the West Adelaide 'family'.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Why do they lock the gates Lee?

Why not just open the ground to the public. This might increase participation with the club by the locals.

I understand they open Prospect and Unley and I figure some of the others must also be open to the public as well.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Not sure if srill same but gates used to be open during daylight hours and into evening for training purposes --- last out from training (player, coach or official) locks gate and chech by closing bar staff for security purposes and to stop vandalism?

Not sure if still the same and also not sure about weekends.

Every time i go to club the gates are open but i may just been lucky --- sitting in the grandstand is one of my favourite spots to reflect on life when the black dog is out -- touch wood have not been locked or arrested YET ☺☺☺
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 am

Oldfella is right, br.

You must have been unlucky, as I've rarely known the gates to be locked during daytime.

What day or time was it?
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 am

Lee Harradine wrote:Oldfella is right, br.

You must have been unlucky, as I've rarely known the gates to be locked during daytime.

What day or time was it?
Lee,
It was Sunday, approx 4.30. Probably unlucky, yes. Invested in three quinellas, for two 1st and 3rd and one 2nd and 3rd.
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 am

Hi bruce, you obviously used up all your luck on the 3 quinellas -- hope they paid well ☺☺☺👍👍👍

My best guess reference the gate is you were dead stiff, i am guessing that a player openned them to utilize the gym facilities and on completion left locking gate behind him/her.
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 pm

The Q & A session with David Grenvold and me is confirmed for this Friday night at about 6pm in the clubrooms.

Hopefully as many as possible can make it.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:49 am

I could not make the friday night members briefing by the president and ceo due to illhealth.

Could any one whp attend ed give a bit of a briefing on what was said or what questions/responses (if any) were given.

Think is a great idea  and shows clubs willing attempts to keep members informed
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:51 am

The Q and A session seemed well received, no questions though.

Had a lovely moment or two yesterday at half-time, chatting to a 99 year old member, a loyal supporter his whole life. I invited him and his friend to the second of our evenings next Thursday to recognise our volunteers.

Went out to the huddle at the breaks and had a chat to some of our cheer squad members.

The guest at our home match luncheon was 1961 premiership player and full-forward, Peter Phipps. Peter's anecdotes were hilarious. All I can say is they can't get away with any of that these days.

Also had a lovely visit to Tony and Stuart at Adelaide Galv during the week and looking forward to catching up with Phil and Murray from City Mazda this week.

My thanks also to our Wolfpack members for listening to a presentation by David Grenvold and me yesterday morning. The result of that meeting with such a great group will be of immediate benefit to our club.

Wednesday morning was a 3 hour recruiting meeting under our new procedures.

I stressed to the meeting that lachlan would not be satisfied unless we met his recruiting demands lol!

All credit yesterday to the players and coaches.

We now need to back it up, but nice to see smiling faces after the game.

Watched a bit of the Under 18's, who put up a great effort, only to go down by a solitary point.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 am

Sorry oldfella, I posted that before seeing your post.

I'll give a summary later today.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks lee
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Lee

👍👍👍👍
Lachlan

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 am

I really enjoyed hosting a small group of volunteers at the club last night.

Attendees included members from the Westonians, the History Group, the Past Players, Football Manager and other supporters. about 15 in all.

Bob Loveday was interviewed about his continuing time at Westies and reiterated how he (and other past players) regard the club as 'family'.

John Pirakis also spoke about his time at the club and was very interesting.

We will have some more of these in the future and extend it to representatives of club patrons, supporters and probably bloodntars.net posters.

If anyone has any questions about the club, feel free to contact me here by PM and I'll do my best to understand any concerns and answer.

I can say that we're getting stronger by the day.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum