West vs Centrals

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

West vs Centrals

Post by Thiele on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:09 pm

West Adelaide could have another two debutants against Central on Saturday.
Patrick Fairlie (18-years-old) from Goodwood Saints and Lachlan Ryan (21-years-old) from Mildura have both been included on the extended interchange bench.
Murray Waite, John Noble, Josh Ryan and Jack Evans have also been included in the Bloods’ 23-man squad.
Key defender Jake Wilson is out with a groin complaint while Taite Silverlock, Zac Bates, and Nick Favretto have been sent back to the Reserves.
League
F: Rankine, Wasley-Black, Green
HF: Karpany, Middleton, Waite
C: Batley, Schiller, Hill
HB: Schmidt, Burgess, J. Ryan
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino

R: McPherson, K. Stevens, Fielke
INT: L. Ryan, Fairlie, Noble, Turner, J. Evans
IN: L. Ryan, Waite, Noble, J. Ryan, Fairlie, J. Evans
OUT: Wilson (groin), Bates, Favretto, Silverlock
Reserves
Silverlock, Favretto, Haysman, Head, Anderson, Klemke, Pillion, Peter, Carger, Bates, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Majok, Holliday, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, J. Stevens, Lynch, L. Evans, Bottin.
Under-18
Hunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Baker, Crump, Walton, Inglis, Boots, Jones, Milsom, Wellington, Field, Tierney, Laube, Milde, Sinderberry, Heitmann, Smithson, Rana, Hocking, Thilithorpe, Horstman, Westley, Wright, Dunkin, Avery, Hannagan.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West vs Centrals

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Zac Bates?????

Mypaspective

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I think all 3 omissions are justified and overdue.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 pm

#Finals well timed omissions

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 160
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm seriously concerned that Burgo is not bothered too much by his teammates criticism of his choice of disposal in the 3rd quarter. His marking proficiency was outstanding, only to be let down by his choice of subsequent kicking. I'd like to think that his teammates are trying to get him to be a better player, from the great player he already is.
LukeO9

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:43 am

It's been a very disappointing year again.
2 wins in 2016.
4 in 2017.
For the most part, our football is dull, boring and riddled with mistakes.
We need a fresh start for 2018....
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 am

LukeO9 wrote:I'm seriously concerned that Burgo is not bothered too much by his teammates criticism of his choice of disposal in the 3rd quarter. His marking proficiency was outstanding, only to be let down by his choice of subsequent kicking. I'd like to think that his teammates are trying to get him to be a better player, from the great player he already is.

I agree Luke. Sitting at boundary side I observed this. I saw senior players let themselves down with poorly chosen verbatim to some of their team mates.
We have one game left. I hope we attack this game with everything, it's our GF for 2017
The Axis

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:19 am

The Axis wrote:
I agree Luke. Sitting at boundary side I observed this. I saw senior players let themselves down with poorly chosen verbatim  to some of their team mates.
We have one game left. I hope we attack this game with everything, it's our GF for 2017

I understand the players frustration, Axis, since I believe our only real fault up to the last quarter was inaccuracy. I just thought, like you, it was a bit harsh......especially when Burgo was marking so brilliantly. But then again, as I had said, if it improves his play even further, so be it.

LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 am

Wolf Pack wrote:It's been a very disappointing year again.
2 wins in 2016.
4 in 2017.
For the most part, our football is dull, boring and riddled with mistakes.
We need a fresh start for 2018....

Overall, I was only disappointed with 3 or 4 games this year.
I believe the team is not that far away from being finals competitive (except against an AFL reserves side from a club with no injuries). Take yesterday for instance, with Wilson and Webb, I'm sure the final score would have been comparable.
Aside from the usual top performers like Stevens, I've been so impressed with incoming players like Wilson, McPherson,, Karpany, Batley, Noble, Pillion, Bates and Watchman (MIA).
It certainly was skill-errors and delivery into the forward 50 that hurt us this year, and that's clearly a confidence thing.
I imagine early wins next season to kick-start a solid 2018 season.
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm

We lack fitness, skill and discipline. The lack of fitness was clearly evident yesterday as our players flagged and midfielders were either unable or unwilling to run hard when Centrals had possession.
Our poor disposal by hand and foot, fumbling, and slow reflexes under pressure suggests to me (without knowing) that we probably don't train under sufficient pressure or with enough intensity.
Too often players didn't protect the ball with their body, allowing Centrals to get at it.
And the lack of discipline, particularly in terms of remonstrating with opponents and not caring if it risked giving away a free kick, was maddening. The captain was the worst offender.
We need a massive improvement in every area, including onfield personnel.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:48 pm

As I stated in a seperate post our fitness hasn't been up to SANFL standard for the past 2 years and questions need to be asked of the fitness coach.

Our ball use going inside 50 was once again very poor. When u win only 6 of our past 35 matches it tells you we need an overhaul of the playing list.

I also believe the coaches days are numbered as The SANFL is a results driven sport.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Mark Mickan's home and away record
71 games
23 Wins
48 Losses

In amongst that we won a premiership.
But the record is poor.
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Aldo & Lachlan are spot on. Our skill level & discipline is poor & our fitness level is abysmal. We badly need a new fitness coach.
I am staggered that anyone could write that they are happy with our footy this year except for three of four games.
We have only won four games for the year, a very disappointing result.
A club is only as good as the side it puts on the park so to bemoan the loss of Wilson & Webb is irrelevant. They didn't play - end of story. Infact Daniel Webb has unfortunately only played a handful of games in the last 2 or 3 seasons.
We will lose players at the end of the season & there is nothing in the reserves to get excited about. We are a long way off being a top three side - let's not delude ourselves. We need to recruit extremely well & that includes a new coach & fitness coach.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am

Wolfman Jack wrote:
I am staggered that anyone could write that they are happy with our footy this year except for three of four games.
I would be too. Thankfully nobody has written that.
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 am

No one has mentioned that the reserves won by 2 points on Saturday and are set to play finals, i think theres still a chance to get 3rd spot with a win this week, well done to Gavin Colville.
firstblood

Number of posts : 283
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Well Luke, someone wrote on here that they were only disappointed in three or four games this year.
That would indicate that they were happy with the rest of the games.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:01 pm

If people are satisfied with this season I am done! I've tried to be positive at times on here and kept quiet at other times. But....

Disgraceful season which, I did get castigated when I bought up my concerns before the season even started , needs to have heads roll. Changes to the recruiting committee and football manager is where it starts.

Won't say anything about the coach as he is a legend but..
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:32 am

Wolfman Jack wrote:Well Luke, someone wrote on here that they were only disappointed in three or four games this year.

Indicative indeed, but not categorical. No information was presented in regard to any attitude toward the remaining games. Without clarification, such attitude can only be inferred. In this case, to include 'happy' as an explicit recall is commonly referred to as an informal fallacy of type contextomy.
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 am

brodlach wrote:If people are satisfied with this season I am done! I've tried to be positive at times on here and kept quiet at other times. But....

Disgraceful season which, I did get castigated when I bought up my concerns before the season even started , needs to have heads roll. Changes to the recruiting committee and football manager is where it starts.
I think that there are quite a few others around the club that would agree with you brodlach  Rolling Eyes
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 am

What luke said x 2 i think ☺☺☺
Oldfella

Number of posts : 268
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 am

LukeO9 wrote:
Wolfman Jack wrote:Well Luke, someone wrote on here that they were only disappointed in three or four games this year.

Indicative indeed, but not categorical. No information was presented in regard to any attitude toward the remaining games. Without clarification, such attitude can only be inferred. In this case, to include 'happy' as an explicit recall is commonly referred to as an informal fallacy of type contextomy.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Luke Smile
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 am

I think we would all agree that recruiting for next season is our major priority and we are well under way with that and know it has to be very strong for us to succeed next year.

This season, with a restricted salary cap, we recruited:

Tom Keough

Jake Wilson

Zac Bates

Nathan Batley

That's a fifth of a team who will be good long-term players for us.

With retirements, etc, we will have room in our salary cap to recruit well. We all want to see a strong side on the park and that must happen.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 am

whispy wrote:
brodlach wrote:If people are satisfied with this season I am done! I've tried to be positive at times on here and kept quiet at other times. But....

I think that there are quite a few others around the club that would agree with you brodlach  Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure with that emoji you are agreeing or disagreeing?
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:28 am

brodlach wrote:
whispy wrote:

I'm not sure with that emoji you are agreeing or disagreeing?

Oh, i agree 100%
whispy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Whispy and Brodlach what i have been saying all year.
bundy

Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum