West vs Glenelg at City Mazda

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

West vs Glenelg at City Mazda

Post by Thiele on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:14 pm

West Adelaide could unleash another two BankSA Rookies for its clash against Glenelg on Saturday.
Mature-age Dustin Head (25, 181cm and 80kg) from Border Downs Tintinara FC has been named on the extended interchange along with 20-year-old Thomas Lynch, from Goodwood Saints.
They have been joined in the Bloods’ 23-man squad by former Tiger Jacob Carger, key defender Jake Wilson and utility Chol Majok.
Murray Waite, Nick Favretto and Jack Evans have all been sent back to the Reserves.
Premiership players Chris Schmidt and Daniel Caire will play their last Macca’s League game for the Bloods.
League
F: Rankine, Wasley-Black, Green
HF: Karpany, Middleton, Turner
C: Batley, Schiller, Hill
HB: Schmidt, Wilson, Burgess
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino

R: McPherson, K. Stevens, Fielke
INT: Head, Carger, Noble, Majok, Lynch
IN: Carger, Head, Wilson, Majok, Lynch
OUT: Waite, Favretto, J. Evans
Reserves
Silverlock, Favretto, Waite, Haysman, Anderson, Klemke, Pillion, Peter, Bates, J. Evans, Ryan, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Holliday, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, J. Ryan, J. Stevens, L. Evans, Bottin.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Earl, Chamberlain, Baker, Fairlie, Crump, Walton, Inglis, Boots, Jones, Laube, Milde, Sinderberry, Heitmann, Smithson, Rana, Thilthorpe, Westley, Wright, Dunkin, Avery, Hannagan.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West vs Glenelg at City Mazda

Post by Thiele on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Well done Dustin Head. After seen what you gone through with all your injures y get nice to see you finally getting a league. You are champion. Well Done

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Well said, Thiele.

I'm rapt that Dustin is making his league debut. Every Blood's supporter wishes him well.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 pm

How sensational this news is -- i wm a definite to attend now --- 14 operations and years of dedicated work

Injury-plagued West Adelaide’s Dustin Head will finally make his SANFL league debut
WARREN PARTLAND, The Advertiser
August 24, 2017 5:24pm
Subscriber only
WEST Adelaide defender Dustin Head’s dad cried when told the long-awaited news his son would finally make his league debut for the Bloods.

Head, 25, had never heard his father cry before. The emotional response to his phone call to the family farm in Tintinara signified what his selection for the final round clash against Glenelg at Richmond Oval on Saturday meant.

This is an inspiring story of incredible perseverance and patience. Nine years after moving to Adelaide to chase his football dreams, and after an amazing 14 knee operations and a 2016 season wasted by osteitis pubis, Head will achieve his ambition and taste league action.

Not once did Head ever consider giving up on his goal. Not even when he felt the many hours of loneliness rehabilitating while his mates ran around the ground.

“I could not speak, I was shaking,” Head said of his reaction to being told he would be in the side. “The phone call to my dad is when it really sunk in.

“Dad has had a couple of heart scares in recent months. He has been to all my games, drives up from Tintinara. Mum (Jo) and dad have been such big supporters, as well as my partner Lauren.”

Head’s tremendous talents attracted interest from AFL clubs in his debut season with the Bloods, only to rupture the ACL midseason at training.

There has since been another 13 operations, including two more knee reconstructions, in a searching test of his character. Head has had his moments of frustration, but there has been little complaint.

“I’ve kept going because I wanted to play that league game,” said Head, who has a building business Steady Homes with team-mate Kaine Stevens. “That is why I moved to Adelaide, to play footy.

“It was hard watching footy and thinking I could be playing. Last year was really hard when I missed the season with the groin problems. I went to Europe to get away for five, six weeks and didn’t watch footy at all. I wanted to be keen to go for pre-season.

“I always thought I could do it and the biggest thing is I get to play with Chris Schmidt and Daniel Caire in their final game for the club. This has been a long time coming.”
Oldfella

Number of posts : 273
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Today was more about a new bit of club history rather than just another game

Well done chris a daniel you went out as winners and in the best player --- thank you for your efforts

Dustin, there is plenty more league games for you well played

Was amazing how many former players were in attendance including fergy who drove over but had to drive back straight away to coach tomorrow -- great tribute to our two retiring players and to dustin

First 10 minutes of last quarter bays had the run of the game but sensational hassling and defence by all players held them from breaking out and then westies started to dominate in the air and on the ground --- several clinch goal were kicked leading to a solid win

My bog was stevens but could easily be any of another 6 players
Oldfella

Number of posts : 273
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Today we farewelled 3 club legends in style. Chris Schmidt, Daniel Caire and coach Mark Mickan all played crucial roles in this wonderful win against a more fancied opponent.

This was a strange match. Played in almost perfect conditions, cool and with only a light wind, it was a fast paced game full of errors but the best footy was played by Westies.

In the first Q Glenelg dominated the play but took until the 17 minute mark to score their first goal. At this point we had only had the ball in our forward zone for around 2 minutes but had 4 goals on the board. The next 2 Qs were an arm wrestle with scores no more than a couple of goals apart. Going into the last Q we were 2 goals up but following some pretty dramatic last Q fade-outs there was not a lot of confidence on the terrace, especially as the Bays were playing to maintain their finals spot. We booted 5, with our new forward sensation, Chris Burgess, getting 2 of these. The Bays also kicked 5 but 2 of these were in the last minute when the game was gone.

It seemed that coach Mickan was setting up a few things for next year. Dustin Head down back, Jack Agostino, in his best game for the club taking on Daniel Caire’s leading role in the backline, Jacob Carger being tried in the midfield, Burgess up forward, etc.

My best players in no special order were Jake Wilson, so strong and rarely makes a mistake, Josh Schiller, effective all day, John Noble, developing both his offensive and defensive game more each week, Burgess for his 3 goals, his Mr Gadget arms and his deceptive pace and the finishing skill of young Rankine.

Special mention also to Logan Hill for a sensational tackle late in the game that stopped a Glenelg attack, Kaine Stevens for his 10 tackles (and being our best player all year) and Shannon Green for his 9 marks and 2 goals.

This win lifted us off the bottom. Glenelg, on the other hand, having spent the whole season in the 5 dropped to 7th and must be bitterly disappointed with the way they finished the year. With everything on the line they didn’t seem interested late in the game. We lost our first 9 games but won 5 of the last 9.

The Ressies lost to bottom placed Glenelg but will play Centrals in an elimination final next week.

A sincere thank you to Mark Mickan for the 2015 Premiership and to Chris Schmidt and Daniel Caire for their wonderful service to our club.

blackandred

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:43 pm

18s qualified for the Finals

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 am

awesome last qtr. in my opinion kane was BOG. But there was no weak link today. also we found a new froward in Burgo who kicked 3 and a nice drop put from the score board pocket. Go Bloods Red and Black.

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum