The board

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The board

Post by Oldfella on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 am

In my opinion a group of west adelaide volunteers who rarely get any words of encouragement or thanks is those who put up thier hand to serve on the board.

From when the board system comenced under the astute leadership of paul sperling this changing group of volunteers has provide strong leadership through a very difficult passage of finacial crisis and making necessary changes to the clubs direction to where i now feel we are on the verge of a new day.

The manner in which all these board members have presented a unified and consistent front and have worked hard to be always available and seeking to comunicate with member answering ant questions raised reguardless how difficult is exemplary

Few realise how many hours these people give to the club not only in sense of official meeting but much unofficial disussions of critical club issues through phone calls any time of the day and coming to the club at short notice to discuss and deal with these issues at short notice --- not to mention representing the club at various important activities through out of zones

Just this week the board had to make another very difficult decision which on talking to them individualy they all indictated was very challenging and emotionaly upsetting but a decision for the good of the club had to be made

As a life member i just wanted to thank all of these present and past board members for thier dedication and love of the club
Oldfella

Number of posts : 273
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The board

Post by aldo russian on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Agreed oldfella. I think they've made the right decision here but I'm glad I didn't have to make it. Bit like shooting Bambi really. And historically we haven't been good at this, but in terms of coaches who wanted to continue, I can't recall a less tumultuous or better handled exit, which says as much about the way the club did it as it does about Mark Mickan himself.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 am

100% agree, aldo. Handled with Dignity and Respect by the W.A.F.C.
RODH2

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:51 am

Making the 'decision' was easy. The bloody hard part is to execute a plan to get supporters back to games and restore membership numbers.

Best of luck
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am

What is your plan, billrobs1.......?
RODH2

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:19 am

Dont have one RODH2 and dont have the time to develop one. This is why I wish the best to the board and those others charged with developing one.

From a long distance away..... I agree with the part of the plan deployed last week though and I hope this is the start of a number of wide ranging changes.
billrobs1

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum