SANFL Fast Footy

Post by Thiele on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:09 pm

This weekend

West Games time

7.35pm vs Glenleg Friday night

1.30pm vs Port Saturday Afternoon

Norwood Oval is the venue

Free Entry

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Fast Footy

Post by firstblood on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Please note for those attending, the SANFL have provided all SANFL clubs with a set of new jumpers just for this format of fast footy, players you may recognize might not be wearing their original number.  Also when you see a team wearing a grey jumper with a red sash, that's us  Smile

Also we might have to wait a few hours after the Saturday game to find out if we play in the finals later that afternoon. Depending on if we have won any of course.

firstblood

Number of posts : 302
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 pm

I think our constitution actually requires us to wear red and black.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 511

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Well done to Gav and the boys for the 1st preseason hit out. Was impressed with our level of fitness at this stage. Good luck for game 2. Go Westies!!!

SANFL game review:

West Adelaide bounced out of the blocks to hold off Glenelg by 29 points in Game 3 of Australian Unity Fast Footy.

With new Bloods coach Gavin Colville using his skipper Tom Keough in attack, the former Gold Coast Sun didn’t let his boss down by booting four goals in the opening term.

Coming on top of a Super Goal to NSW recruit Matt Eastman, Keough’s dominance would have been a nice element for Bloods fans to take out of the contest.

Glenelg worked its way back into the match with four majors in the second term but it wasn’t enough as talented Bloods teen Izak Rankine put the icing on the cake with two classy goals.

The second of which produced a memorable celebration, when Rankine produced a back flip after converting his set shot.

Ian Milera proved to be a livewire for the Bays up forward, booting two goals, including an impressive intercept on the 50m arc.

WEST 1.6.1 1.7.1 1.9.4 1.10.5 (74)

GLENELG 0.1 4.2 4.5 6.9 (45)

SUPERGOALS – West: Eastman

GOALS – West: Keough 4, Hupfeld 3, Rankine 2, Agostino.

Glenelg: I. Milera 2, Papatolis, Sires, Hosie, Jordan.
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 am

Due to ill health i watched the game on youtube which was a different experience in itself.

Totally endorse bloodsfireup comments as it was a quality win for gavin and boys. Thing that most impressed me was i felt that the attacking use of the ball and accuracy of kicking has shown strong improvement over summer period.

Skipper tom going well forward is no surprise to me as early in his league career before going back for team needs he showed signs of being our best centre half forward since tim symes

General views on the game itself,

1. Who was the team in grey and black cause its NOT west adelaide === ffs our club colours are red & black !
             New game was interesting with rules suitable for a lightning carnival and imo suitable for player preseason match fitness needs (time to tell). But i am definite that this version of the game and the rules have no place in the main season real football
                 Impression i gained was not a lot of onlookers present one comment  i read indicated 80 --- if true and low attendance repeated today then sanfl is realy in strife when free entry etc is taken into account.
                 Given Youtube presentation was free then cannot realy complain with the general camera work being rather good --- ionly thing i would like to see is sanfl get involved and sponsor a live commentary.

l
Oldfella

Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:17 am

Game 2 is at 1.30 v Port, then we have to wait around for all the other games to finish to see if we play finals later tonight.
A very small crowd in attendance, looked around the 1,200 mark (if that) and i think the SANFL would be disappointed.
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 am

FB probably biggest question is was there no injuries apart from normal soreness.

Respect to you and other staff for giving your weekend and countless hours to club

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 am

Oldfella wrote:FB probably biggest question is was there no injuries apart from normal soreness.

Respect to you and other staff for giving your weekend and countless hours to club

Thanks Oldfella, it was difficult last night in steamy conditions with not having much time time to enter the change rooms which were the old ones under the main grandstand, we had to wait for the Eagles to clear out and then had 40 minutes to set up, it was all hands on deck to get players strapped and warmed up. No injuries from last night that i know of. When they say FastFooty, that includes property and medical staff as well. Smile
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 am

It seemed to me that it was a good hitout and we looked in good nick.

New recruits, Lyndon Hupfeld and Matt Eastman looked promising. The modified game suited Murray Waite and he was good, along with several of our more experienced players.

Tom Keough actually kicked 4 goals in about the first 6 or 7 minutes, then played the next quarter at the same end of the game, in defence.

Players, apart from midfielders, had to stay in their zones, so take that into account when considering goalkickers, etc.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 pm

I know it doesn't mean anything but it's still nice to get a win in the first half of the year for a change.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 511

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Any report or score update from game 2 v PAFC
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Wish i could be there.
Go you bloods
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Aldo, your words are correct --- preseason game of no importance except fitness and coaches viewing players but a win is a win.

Allowing for that even better early news

ROUND 2 RESULT
West Adelaide 19.9-123
Port adelaide   2.1-13
we would have to be a fair chance for final later today?

Cheers to you bessie
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks oldfella
If we can pick up som $$$$$ even better
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Semi final at about 6.40.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Thankslee

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Any report or score update from game 2 v PAFC

Link for scores and for goal by goal update

http://sanfl.com.au
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Honestly, the sanfl couls screw up an offerfor free sexat the local whore house ---- website is showing undecided playing undecided in the first semi --- lol

Early in 3rd quarter undecided team 2 (eagles) leading by 6 points after undecided team 1 (westies) lead at half time

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:31 pm

All over we lost 72 to 40

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 pm

Oldfella wrote:Honestly, the sanfl couls screw up an offerfor free sexat the local whore house ---- website is showing undecided playing undecided in the first semi --- lol

Early in 3rd quarter undecided team 2 (eagles) leading by 6 points after undecided team 1 (westies) lead at half time

Lucky Bundy didn't post this he would have been banned for life. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 am

Nice try mate hut did not win a prize  --- nothing in the comment about west adelaide or any west adelaide player coach official or employee.

I even resisted the temptation to abuse a fellow member presuming that it is a fellow member hmmm may ask the club hmmm may be a kevin morris ken cunningham situation here lol

Bundy would not be banned for this
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:32 am

Fairly sure this post will be deleted tomorrow. Not even "bloods fire up" will like this post and he likes everything. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum