WEST V EAGLES

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: WEST V EAGLES

Post by Wolf Pack on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Not a bad line up, but Stevens is a massive out and leaves our midfield a bit thin. Their forward line is more potent too.
Eagles by 30.
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Their side looks pretty strong to me. I agree Wolfpack, I'm thinking 5 goals plus but hope to be proven wrong. Maybe our pressure can keep us in it.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Very good back 6, we will win
brodlach

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:17 am

Anyone know if the merchandise stand will be open and selling guernseys?

Can they put numbers or letters on the back?
brodlach

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:39 am

brodlach wrote:Anyone know if the merchandise stand will be open and selling guernseys?

Can they put numbers or letters on the back?

I would like the letter B for Bundy on the back of mine. Brodlach.
bundy

Number of posts : 315
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Wasleys
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Come on down

Post by bruce cameron on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:54 am

aldo russian wrote:Their side looks pretty strong to me. I agree Wolfpack, I'm thinking 5 goals plus but hope to be proven wrong. Maybe our pressure can keep us in it.

A well supported team finds a bit more. Everyone get down to City Mazda for what should be a great day. Weather looks good. Have lunch, a few drinks then head out and support the boys.
Go you mighty, fighting bloods.
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Two many turn overs, behind all day,not first to the ball, Bates and Webb shine early
mr o

Number of posts : 22
Job/hobbies : kiln operator/music

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:42 pm

New Season, but not much has changed.
We turn the ball over too much.
We cannot lock the ball inside our forward line.
We don't kick enough goals.
Beechy had to play in the middle today in my opinion....

I won't write us off yet, it is only round 1 BUT there isn't much to be excited about......
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:06 pm

I agree Wolfpack, I only saw the 2nd half but we didn't look much different to last year to me. The same kicking mistakes are being made by the same players and our lack of structure going inside 50 was very familiar, although our forward entries often involved a poor kick that missed its target or favoured the opposition.
The third quarter was awful and some ordinary chasing efforts didn't help. At least our effort improved for a while in the last quarter, with Anderson's chase, tackle and kick to Burgess a highlight.
On what I saw, Webb still looks to be our best ruckman by a considerable margin.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm

To me same s*** different year
How can you be positive when you see that carp

blacky

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Our midfield got smashed. We are very deficient in that area and it will remain a problem all year.
Our ball use going inside 50 was woeful. We need to recruit players that can Kick.
Our forward line pressure was poor.

Our disposal coming out of defence was poor. We have a solid defence however their foot skills are a worry.
Shannon Green has been a great servant of the footy club, however I think he is a better Forward than a defender these days as his kicking is a problem.

I would have Green played forward next week.
Turner given an opportunity through the midfield as we need to find a couple of mids in a hurry.
Anderson from the midfield to half back.

Of the new players I though Lachie Evans did ok.
Hupfeld struggled and seems to lack pace
Lachlan

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Twisted Evil

Last edited by Wolf Pack on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:44 pm

You donít get any easy kicks against the Eagles and you canít afford too many mistakes. We made plenty today and coughed the ball up when under pressure. Their skills were much better than ours. How many times did we kick it out on the full? Perfect conditions. Dumb footy.
Not a lot of positives from the game. Lots of positional changes throughout but none paid off.
Beech quiet. Noble probably our best but he did fade a little. Batley was busy.
Weíll get better. Important to beat North next week.
The Ressies won 8.10 to 8.6. It came down to the last kick of the game but a great spoil from Majok on the goal line prevented a goal and we held on to win a thriller.
blackandred

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by cuban on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:34 am

Wathcing the game I was very disappointed and very frustrated.
I agree with the posts above - the eagles easily beat us in the clearences. Our disposal was embarrassing - I really wish the full backs wouldn't do short kicks into the pockets - or from the pockets across the goals - it's very dangerous especially with their poor kicking skills. I would rather they kick long and turn it over at the half back line than turn it over 5m from goals!
Saying that, I thought our 1st quarter was promising - they ran hard to make options and pressured the eagles into mistakes. We got the ball to half forward but unfortunately that last kick into the forward lines let us down badly - we could have kicked quite a few goals if those kicks favoured our forwards.
After quarter time the pressure eased off and the eagles took control.
The game plan in the 2nd half was too defensive - from the centre bounce the eagles would clear, our backline (mostly) would win the ball but then there was no one to kick to. On the occasion there was, our player would either kick it out of bounds or pinpoint an eagles player. The eagles would then just kick it back into attack with no pressure - it was just a matter of time before the eagles would eventually find a loose player and kick an easy goal.
We will not win games of footy playing like this! We need to have a game based around kicking goals not just defending them. We have to clear players out of the defensive zone and trust our backs to win the ball and then actually have someone to kick it to!
I would rather us lose in a high scoring shootout than a low scoring defensive game. I mean 7 goals! We are getting close to soccer scores here!
Moving Chris Burgess to the forward lines was a good idea and should have been done early in the 3rd quarter - his move was too little too late - the game was over by then. He needs to become a permanent forward.
I used to think we were 1 good forward away from being a finals contender but I'm wrong - we badly need to start recruiting players that can kick straight under pressure!
One more rant - Lee or someone, can you please put a request to the sanfl to stop umpires wearing yellow tops at eagles games! It's just plain stupid!
OK, rant over.
cuban

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:50 am

Lots of good commebts. Cuban, I'll pass on your request to our footnall department.

I thought our first quarter was good also, we missed opportunities in rhe second and our 3rd was deplorable.

By all reporrs, Gavin gave the players a real burst at the last break and they responded in the last.

Our kicking was really poor at times and that hurt us.

We really felt the absence of Stevens, Rankine and Wasley-Black.

Agostino, Hill & Schiller were good. Noble for 3 quarters, Murray Waite keeps improving and Batley was good.

It's one game, missing seceral, against a likely Grand Finalist.

I'll give it much more time.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:10 pm

Game was lost in the midfield but not particularly with centre clearances (although this one area lacking), but it was 2 way running from our midfield that let us down. Eagles midfield pushed into their forward line and as a result outnumbered our backs. This was also the case when the ball waa in our forward line and thier extra numbers created an overlap and they ran the ball out with ease in our i50. Our midfield must have transition running. We certainly missed Stevens in the mids but we simply have to have a gut running midfield when playing the likes of the Eagles and Sturt.
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:58 pm

I think the coach's report this week is a big improvement on those of the past. He gives us some detail of where he thinks we lost the game, an honest appraisal of our efforts and how they've addressed the issues already. Very impressive.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:20 am

We will find out on Sunday if they have addressed the issues discussed......
Need a lot better performance this week.
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Donít b too harsh we still have 3 of our best players out.

I feel for Gavin not being able to play his best team for the first few weeks.

Having said that I believe Gavin can get the boys up this week despite our shortages.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum