:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West vs South

Post by Thiele on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Anzac Day Eve

Reserves 4.55
League 7.10

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West vs South

Post by Thiele on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 pm

League
West Adelaide could be boosted by the return of two talented forwards for its clash against South on Anzac Day eve.
Former Crow Jono Beech must prove he has overcome a back injury while talented teenager Izak Rankine has served his three-match penalty from the SANFL Incident Review Panel.
They have been joined in the Bloodsí 25-man squad by former Geelong rookie Zac Bates, and utility Brett Turner, with the squad to be trimmed by two on Monday evening.

F: Fielke, Pillion, Karpany
HF: Noble, Middleton, Anderson
C: Waite, K. Stevens, Noonan
HB: Green, Wilson, L. Evans
B: Burgess, J. Ryan, J. Evans

R: McPherson, Keough, Schiller
INT: Head, Batley, Hill, Bates, Turner, Beech, Rankine
IN: Beech, Rankine, Turner, Bates

Reserves
Hupfeld, Porplyzia, J. Stevens, Parella, Peter, L. Ryan, Kirk, Eastman, Heitmann, I. Johnson, Inglis, Dunkin, Majok, Holliday, Laube, Vassallo, Hay, Miller, Jaensch, Fairlie, Lynch, Gutsche, Crump.
Under-18
Caruso, Geddes-Ryan, Haysman, Gutsche, Hay, Earl, May, Gibson, Milde, Wright, Patterson, Rana, Thilitorpe, Plate, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Moore, Sareen, Wakim, Sinderberry, Kennedy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by brodlach on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:31 pm

So which West turns up this week?
brodlach

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 pm

"with the squad to be trimmed by two on Monday evening."

Good work Zac, that would leave us with 5 on the interchange bench, in which case I'm tipping us.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 am

Who misses out then.

My guess is Fielkís may not b right (dislocated shoulder) plus Pillion & the 2 Evans boys or Noonan unfortunately.

If they donít make it they will definitely get their chance again this season. All acquitted themselves well at the Ponderosa.

You never know, Gavin might stick with the young ones however I would b picking my best side regardless. Interesting still no Agostino.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 am

I'd leave out Fielke, Karpany, Bates and Anderson.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by milsy on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:51 am

As a newbie isn't it nice to have a dilemma like this. Especially so soon after the North game.
milsy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 am

I would leave out Fielke,Bates,Head and Karpanny.

I thought Turner was our best player in the ressies by a fair margin last week.

Dustin Head unfortunately to miss out.
Karpanny kicked a crucial goal last week,however he needs to find more of the ball.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 am

You got to pick a team based on performance, not names. Noonan did a job and looked composed across half back, Head took some strong marks late in the 2nd half against Centrals and the Evans boys did their job which enabled Keough to run through the midfield.

Personally I feel that Colville has to back in the same 21 guys again this week against South, only exception for me would be injury - give Fielke the week off and our next game isn't until 4th May which gives him an extended break and Beech is in.

Rankine, Bates and Turner to do their time in the Ressies.
blood bath

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm a bit worried about this game. It doesn't appear to be our weakest lineup hey Aldo? Very Happy
TAAARS

Number of posts : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Fielke (shoulder) and Green (hamstring) ruled out of tomorrow's match
blood bath

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 pm

TAAARS wrote:I'm a bit worried about this game. It doesn't appear to be our weakest lineup hey Aldo? Very Happy

Well, I still feel like it's a very vulnerable line up, and would probably be the least experienced team we've fielded in my time following us. We need to work hard at chasing and harassing and running to space because when/if that falls away, we don't have much to fall back on.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Beech out, again...
blood bath

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Good win.
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 pm

To win 2 tight games by a kick is pleasing. Got to win those close ones
blood bath

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by aldo russian on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:48 am

Such an important win. It now gives us real hope of getting somewhere this year. Our kicking is still our achilles heel (appropriately) with some poor attempts at goal and field kicking but there were some great defensive efforts in the last quarter that helped save the match: Head's smother on the outer wing; Evans' spoil on the grandstand wing; Burgess' mark at half back and a key tackle by Schiller that he had to execute perfectly to avoid getting his opponent high.
Enormous credit to the coach for what he's doing with such an inexperienced team.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:13 am

Really good game to watch last night, both teams were attacking and I'm gald we deservedly got the win in the end. 3rd qtrs are a concern as we went missing and did the same vs the Eagles, it nearly cost us. I thought Keough's mark and play on on the goal line was going to kill us in the end, hopefully the coach hammers the point home to go back and take your kick.
Impressed with Colville too, really demonstrating an ability to motivate the young fellas and even more so with many experienced players out. Makes the North game seem a lifetime ago!
loppy19

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am

A very pleasing win last night considering we had 14 players with 30 games experience
all less. (Burgess has played 32).
I thought our first quarter was the best quarter of footy we have played since 2015.

The coach is impressive and he certainly isn't backward in what he expects from his players.

Stevens was our best player by a significant margin, he is a gun.

I thought Noble ( his brother played ok for South) Middleton and Rankine were good early.
Wilson and Evans done back played well.

Zac Bates played his best game for the club and McPherson competed well against arguably the best ruckman in the competition.

I like the way Aaron Anderson goes about his footy and he has been a very cocnsitent player all year.

A very good win and I would think Webb,Agostino,Beech and Porps will be available for our next match against Glenelg.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Two excellent wins

Post by bruce cameron on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am

aldo russian wrote:
TAAARS wrote:I'm a bit worried about this game. It doesn't appear to be our weakest lineup hey Aldo? Very Happy

We need to work hard at chasing and harassing and running to space because when/if that falls away, we don't have much to fall back on.
This was certainly the case last night. When the work rate fell away in the third quarter we looked very average and were outscored 5 goals to nil. 8 to 3 in the second half. It was interesting to note how the two teams were able to get their goals. South's kicking was much superior to ours when entering their forward line and more often than not resulted in a set shot on goal. This is still our most obvious problem. We were very good in other areas. More inside 50s, more tackles and our marking was much improved. I'm not sure if one percenters are recorded, but we were very good in this area as well. It will be interesting to see the selected side when Webb, Green, Fielke, Beech, Porplyzia, Agostino, Wasley-Black, Haysman are all fit and ready to go on the same day. We had six players who got less than 10 possessions, all inexperienced players. So, at the moment our side is too inexperienced and needs a few experienced players back in the line up, but what a great position to be in. Gavin's willingness to give young players a go is a real plus as this helps increase competition for places. Maybe the smashing we copped at Prospect was a good thing. Really looking forward to the next home game against the Bays and the opportunity to go 3/2.
Go Bloods
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 am

Colville can coach!

Odd thing to say but having won the game I donít mind that we dropped off the effort in the third so Colville can really show the difference between playing hard, hassling footy and what happens when you drop off. Will be a great learning tool for his young players
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 am

What a gutsy win, combining really impressive run-on footy, great defensive pressure, an inexplicable third quarter shutdown and a stirring last quarter.

All credit to Gavin and the boys for a brave effort.

Kaine Stevens just keeps getting better and is an elite midfielder.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:40 am

Great win by the Boys. Also Congrats to Damien and the reserves on their win

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by cuban on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 am

Fantastic win! That first quarter was some of the best football I have seen the Bloods play in a long time. South just couldn't keep up with the speed, pressure and harassing from the bloods - even the kicking skills were good, although the handballs weren't so great.
Understandably they weren't able to keep it up for 4 quarters but they really fought hard in that last quarter when it looked like South were going to run away with it.
I agree with ST about Tyler - he is making a difference in the ruck contests - we just need him to start taking some big marks around the ground now.
I'm also really impressed with J. Noble - he is going to be something special, especially if he can tidy up his kicking.
It's nice to be 4 games into the season and it not be over already!
Lee, I think you need to have a word with Izak - he isn't ready to play AFL yet so he shouldn't even bother enlisting in the draft this year - I think he should just stay at Westies for a few more years Smile
cuban

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum