Catering.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Catering.

Post by aldo russian on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 am

Fair question, why does this keep happening?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:02 am

Second Team wrote:Really hate to bring it up but someone has to be kidding. It is not a very good reflection on the club that we consistently stuff up the catering when we have bigger than normal crowds.
This is not about the BBQ. Those people are fantastic and do a great job.
This is about the food area next to the BBQ. Line at half time was ridiculous. Went back at the start of the last quarter and one poor girl was trying to do it by herself. You are kidding me. Did we have more staff and they left. WTF.
We are consistent in that we stuff it up most weeks and we don't seem to learn from our mistakes. If you are still serving pies, pasties , chips and drinks then you need both windows open and a minimum of 3 staff.
I would like for the person in charge of catering to give us a response as to why this happens and why haven't we fixed the problem.
If you are a work experience person then you need to pick a new field of employment. If we are paying you then you are kidding.
This rant is not directed at the poor girl working her arse off either.
Next time we are brave and try for a different time slot like Tuesday night then we have to expect that we may get a good crowd and we have to plan to serve these people. This is business 101.
At the end of the night I went to villis and spent my money there. Tha place was packed and they had lots of staff working hard.   Shocked Shocked Shocked

I agree with you Second team, i gave up trying to get a pie or pastie. Not sure what's going on at the club. A good crowd last night and there's no merchandise at all. Compared to all the other clubs, we must be the worst performing one.
Felt sorry for that girl working in the canteen on her own, she deserves a medal.

Last edited by whispy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
whispy

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:04 am

ST

I agree with you 100%
Lachlan

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:09 am

I went along last night and gave up as well. Poor girl was working like a machine but it was way too slow but also saw the same thing vs the Eagles. Not to mention the bar line was all the way out the door vs the eagles.
Not really maximising $$$ opportunities when the club is trying get out of the financial doldrums.
Here is an idea, get some vending machines for chips/ drinks/ chocolates- might make it a tad more efficient Smile
loppy19

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:32 am

Agree with all comments. Embarrassing but also lets be honest, not good. If this was another club we would be teeing off.

I went to the bbq at end of 1/2 time, closed (run out of meat or bread ??)

Went to kiosk, line wasnt moving, only 1 side open. Didnt bother.

Get rid of bloody hot chips which takes up so much time to cook and serve and go back to pies/pasties/drink etc, that way can get through orders quickly.
blood bath

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am

[quote="blood bath"]Agree with all comments. Embarrassing but also lets be honest, not good. If this was another club we would be teeing off.

I wasn't going to post about my dissatisfaction, but have changed my mind. Maybe the only way to bring about change is to voice our opinions. I have already contacted the bar manager about bar staff who do not know how to serve drinks. I ordered a G&T and watched in surprise as the staff member grabbed a schooner glass. After explaining that it was a short I still didn't get what I wanted. After consulting with another employee he mixed my drink. Using a water glass he disappeared and came back with what I assume was a shot of gin. He then proceeded to fill it to the brim with something from the post mix machine which I assume must have been soda water. My complaint to the manager received a reply, promising to improve things.
Last night I invited some friends (South supporters) to the bistro for a meal. We requested that our chips, served with the meals we ordered not have any salt or seasoning on them. We were told that this wasn't an option as they were cooked in bulk and sprinkled with herbs. The only solution we were told was that they could leave the chips off. We were reminded that we could fill up on food from the buffet. Here's a suggestion. Don't put anything on the chips and allow diners to choose for themselves how they have their chips. Furthermore, quite often when I order a pint of cider, no ice, I get ice. This simply means that staff are not switched on.
Also, I had no idea that Merchandise had moved to the mound bar. I only found out by accident when I went to reception, in normal business hours to purchase another membership and some badges. The young lady told me that the badges had to be made up and could be collected from reception or the mound bar on game day. My son wanted to buy a polo shirt which the website listed as not available in his size. Lo and behold it was, but we would never have known had we not visited the mound bar. Please make supporters aware of the new location for merchandise.

Last edited by bruce cameron on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical errors)
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 am

Just adding my frustration to the above comments.
I too was disappointed & annoyed that the bbq was closed at half time.
The line for the canteen was way too long & not moving.
The Club certainly missed out on revenue last night.
Lee, you ask us members to support the Club by purchasing food & drinks so this fiasco needs to be sorted out very promptly.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Thank you for all your comments.

I totally accept what has been said, it needs to be fixed and will be.

I have forwarded your comments to the CEO and Venue Manager for action and will keep everyone up to date.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 pm

Lee,

I respect how you as club president speaks direct to club members and take on a hands on approach to your role to address members issues ------ many other club presidents are more aloof and self importance driven

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella

Number of posts : 396
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum