WEST v PORT.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

WEST v PORT.

Post by Second Team on Mon May 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Hopefully the Power take a lot of emergencies to China and maybe we can win at Alberton. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WEST v PORT.

Post by Wolf Pack on Mon May 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Spot On!!
They are taking 26 to China.
They have a couple of injuries and Lindsay Thomas is suspended.
I think we are a sneaky chance.
Bring in Gibson Turner. We need a goal kicker!!!
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon May 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Sorry Aldo. Seems like I posted the same topic 1 minute later. I'm sure someone can merge the two posts. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 pm

All good.
I think Wasley-Black comes in for Lachie Evans.
I think Green comes in for Jack Evans.
I think Noonan comes in for Waite.
I think Fielke comes in for Anderson.
And if Gibson Turner is considered fit enough Karpany could miss.

aldo russian

Number of posts : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon May 14, 2018 10:11 pm

And good luck to the U18s who, according to the club e-newsletter, are playing this Saturday night at 11pm. Gonna be a late finish.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND on Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 pm

Gibson Turner is a talent . Has to be in the team.
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm

West Adelaide veteran Shannon Green has been included for the clash against Port on Sunday.
Green has been named at half-forward to face the Magpies, with versatile Brett Turner the other inclusion to the Bloodsí 23-man squad.
Clever forward Gibson Turner, a former Richmond rookie, will spend another week in the Reserves despite kicking 6.4 against the Magpies in Round 6.

F: Rankine, Bates, Karpany
HF: Anderson, Middleton, Green
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Noble
HB: L. Evans, Burgess, Hill
B: Agostino, Wilson, J. Evans

R: McPherson, Keough, Schiller
INT: Waite, J. Ryan, Porplyzia, B. Turner, Beech
IN: B. Turner, Green

Reserves
Dunkin, Eastman, Fairlie, Fielke, Halkias, Head, Holliday, Hupfeld, I. Johnson, O. Johnson, Kirk, Laube, Lynch, Majok, Noonan, Peter, Pillion, L. Ryan, G. Turner, Wasley-Black, Webb.
Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Geddes-Ryan, Haysman, Gutsche, Hay, Horstmann, Earl, Groom, Hannagan, Milde, Wooldridge, Stakic, Morelli, Thilithorpe, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Tuckwell, Inglis, Kent, Sinderberry, Kennedy, Wulff.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am

So which Westies team do we see today, the good or the bad?

Bring on the good!
brodlach

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun May 20, 2018 3:31 pm

So far it's the good.

Loving the way we're playing.

In Gjirokaster Albania.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun May 20, 2018 4:49 pm

The Good One!
brodlach

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Westies on tour in Ireland

Post by bruce cameron on Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:So far it's the good.

In Gjirokaster †Albania.
A great win. Must have worked hard all afternoon. Followed the match via SANFL website while waiting to go down to breakfast. Started the day on a high. In good spirits as we begin our drive to Killarney via the Ring of Kerry.
Go Bloods
Chris, Bruce, Sean (in Cork)
PS
Lee, can you or somebody else please post details of how to attach images to my messages. Thanks
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sun May 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Can't remember thrashing Port 3 times in just over a week, before....! Very Happy
RODH2

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm

bruce cameron wrote:

In Gjirokaster †Albania.
A great win. Must have worked hard all afternoon. Followed the match via SANFL website while waiting to go down to breakfast. Started the day on a high. In good spirits as we begin our drive to Killarney via the Ring of Kerry.
Go Bloods
PS
Lee, can you or somebody else please post details of how to attach images to my messages. Thanks

Bruce, to attach an image or photo, go to the top of the forum page where it says upload image....click on that link, click select image, when it's uploaded you will see a lot of boxes with codes for websites and forums, copy and paste the code in the box ...Hotlink for forums.
firstblood

Number of posts : 303
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Reserves Score West 24.15.159 Port 4.0.24. All port scores were in the second 2nd and third 1/4

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Any win at Alberton is good and we havnít won there for nearly 5 years so todayís effort was special.

Circumstances were in our favour as the Port Power reserves fielded, possibly, their weakest team of the year what with injuries and their AFL team in China.

Still, we took advantage of the situation and ran out easy winners in the end.

Our style is to play on at all times, preferably with handball and this relies on a higher skill level than we currently possess. Consequently, the game was frustrating at times with many turnovers and mistakes but with some exciting passages of play.

Keough played a great captainís game. Beech worked his way into the match and is running into some good form. Stevens and Noble were in everything but Schiller was my pick as our best. Much of his work is done at the bottom of the pack. Porps was terrific down back all day but it must be tempting to move him forward. His skill level would be valuable around goals.

Wasley-Black picked up 32 possessions (14 marks) in the Ressies and will be hard to leave out next week. Waite also racked up 32 touches. Gibson Turner booted 4 goals from 6 kicks.

blackandred

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 pm

To be 3 and 3 after our start to the year is pretty good I think.
We played some good footy today in patches but we were ordinary at times as well.
We handball to players who are under pressure and our intensity around the contest fluctuates too much during a game.
It's a very even competition this year. I think we are good enough to give the top 5 a shake..

Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 pm

I thought we played with great spirit right from the start and our onballers' aggression was noticeable. I agree with b&r about Schiller, some of his contested work was terrific. My best were the same as B&r's too, though I'd add Rankine for his first half when he set up so many of our scoring opportunites, and McPherson who fought pretty effectively all day in ruck.

By the same token, we still have several players playing poorly and too many with poor kicking skills. We could easily have been 7 or 8 goals up at half time if not for some errant kicking. We were also outmarked too easily several times in defence.
But I really enjoyed the way we played, and we looked like an enthusiastic bunch who think they're going somewhere.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Any win at Alberton is good.

I thought our leaders stood up today with Stevens,Keough and Porps high in our best players. John Noble played his best game at league level as well.

We definitely lack height and we desperately need to recruit a key forward. I actually thought we could have won by more except our ball use going inside 50 was a problem.

Will Snelling was by far and away Ports best player, he makes great decisions and he knows how to find the football. He has a very smart football brain.
I really hope he is back playing for the Bloods next season, we need him badly.

Well done to the boys today and we now face Adelaide next week and that is a must win.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 489

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o on Mon May 21, 2018 10:52 am

It was a good win, always great to win at Alberton, I just feel in that last 10min we backed off and let then score a couple of easy goals were we could of gone in for the kill and boosted our percentage even more
mr o

Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : kiln operator/music

Back to top Go down

Thanks First Blood

Post by bruce cameron on Mon May 21, 2018 12:30 pm

firstblood wrote:
bruce cameron wrote:

In Gjirokaster †Albania.
Go Bloods
PS

Bruce, to attach an image or photo, go to the top of the forum page where it says upload image....click on that link, click select image, when it's uploaded you will see a lot of boxes with codes for websites and forums, copy and paste the code in the box ...Hotlink for forums.
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Good win by both the reserves and league on Sunday.
Lots of good kids in the reserves coming through.
Bad luck to Fielkes. That shoulder needs to be cut off.
While we played well in patches some of our handball to players standing still was terrible.
Good spread of goal kickers. It was good to see Beechy back to his best.
Don't know why Burgess spent alot of time on the bench.
Noble stepped up and showed improvement with his kicking. Stevens is all class and Porps looked better than last week.
We need to keep improving and next week will be harder.
Go Bloods. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 pm

You beauty - great win. Really good opportunity now against the Crows to consolidate.
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun May 27, 2018 8:33 am

On TFSA, spellcheck has pointed out that we have only won at Alberton and Elizabeth in the same season 5 times previous to this season - 1969, 1983, 1985, 1991 and 2012, years where we have made either the Grand Final or Preliminary Final.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum