West v North

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v North

Post by aldo russian on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 pm

What changes are we looking at?
Green out, Bates in I expect.
I'd still bring Dunkin in. And I'd consider moving Keough to a key position and having a look at a young mid like Fairlie with a view to next year.
The U18s don't play this week, so do we get Rankine back?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: West v North

Post by Second Team on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Lets hope North have a tall full forward.
Will be good to get Rankine and Bates back.
Lets smack North. We owe them one. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 463

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Like everyone, I was impressed with young Dunkin’s first game against Sturt a few weeks ago and it would be good to see him get another chance.

It would though, be a tough call if it meant dropping someone like Jack Evans. Evans has played the last 3 games, all against top sides. On stats alone he has done pretty well. He averages 11 kicks and 5 marks a game over that period and this compares well with someone like Chris Burgess.

Not bad for someone who plays in the backline and tends to ‘fly under the radar’ a little.
blackandred

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 pm

I would definitely include Dunkin for Evans.
I think Dunkin makes better decisions and is a better ball user than Evans.
i thought he was unlucky to be dropped from the league side after his first match.
He has been our most consistent player in the Ressies.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 489

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:16 pm

League

West Adelaide has included another potential BankSA Rookie in its 23-man squad to face North on Saturday.

Flinders Park product Isaac Johnson (20, 179cm and 80kg) has been listed on a five-man extended interchange bench.

He has been joined by fellow inclusions Lachlan Evans and Dustin Head, who have been promoted from the Reserves.

Experienced utility Shannon Green will miss at least one match with an adductor injury while Brett Turner was squeezed out of the side which lost to the Eagles in Round 11.

F: J. Evans, Wasley-Black, Karpany

HF: Anderson, Middleton, Beech

C: Batley, Stevens, Noble

HB: Porplyzia, Burgess, Hill

B: Agostino, Wilson, J. Ryan

R: Parrella, Keough, Schiller

INT: Head, Bates, Waite, L. Evans, I. Johnson

IN: L. Evans, I. Johnson, Head

OUT: Green (adductor), B. Turner

Reserves
Hupfeld, B. Turner, Webb, Pillion, Peter, McPherson, L. Ryan, Heitmann, Dunkin, Holliday, O. Johnson, G. Turner, Laube, Noonan, Vassallo, Osborn, Halkias, Fairlie, Jaensch, Lynch, Gutsche.

Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Haysman, Gutsche, Gilbert, Horstmann, Earl, Hannagan, Milde, Heitmann, Stakic, Morelli, Rana, Boylan, Kostandinos, Neumann, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Chamberlain, Tuckwell, Couroupis, Kent, Henty-Smith, Wulff.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:13 pm

It's  great for young Isaac Johnson to be named on the extended interchange bench. The kid has talent that's for sure.
He had a very good season for the ressies last year including a very good
Final series.
I believe he would have made his league debut earlier this year, however he had an interrupted pre-season and missed a number of early matches.
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Some strange selections today. Oliver Johnson played well but the other 3 inclusions were a failure . Should have played Bates . G Turner and either Durkin or Fairlie . The players whom came in were all of the same size and lacked speed or body strength of their opponents .Need to try some different players not rotate the same ones for the latter part of the season.
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 pm

The effort of our league players for most of the year has been sound, however against North Adelaide for the second time this year it went missing. Not having Beech,Green and Batley didn't help either.
Beech and Green have struggled with injury all year let's hope both of them can play the rest of the year.

Effort can only take you so far and unfortunately we don't have enough quality league players to compete against the top teams in the SANFUL.

We have played quality opposition over the past 4 weeks and it showed today that it has taken its toll on the players.

We desperately need to recruit a couple of ELITE midfielders that are good ball users plus another key forward. THe Club has to MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH NEXT YEAR to get QUALITY  PLAYERS wearing the Red & Black.

Once again today our ball use was ordinary especially coming from our back 50.
Elliot Dunkin had a quite game in the ressies today,however he has been very consistent all year  and I would play him the league side for the remainder of the year.

Isaac Johnson playing his first league game was very good, and he certainly would be in our best players.
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Thank goodness we struck the Roosters on a bad day. They were not at their best but they still managed to totally outclass the Bloods and run out easy winners 13.17 to 7.5. The scoreline having no resemblance to the yawning skills gap between the 2 sides. In the third Q North kicked 1.8 but on the day they had 80 more kicks and 70 more marks!

The day didn’t start well with the top placed Ressies going down 16.11 to 8.8. Webb, Turner and Holliday ending the day with ice packs strapped to their legs. Zac Bates played in this game!

Then the senior team ran out with Beech and Batley missing and with two players on debut (L Ryan and I Johnson) plus L Evans and D Head in the side. Trust there were good reasons for these selections but we were outclassed, out run and out muscled all day. Porplyzia, Burgess, Stevens, Schiller, Keough and Noble played well but we just kept giving the ball to North, fumbling and making poor decisions with disposal. Having said this Johnson and L Ryan both performed well. North took 151 marks and reckon half of these were us kicking to them. (We took 83 marks).

Parrella competes well in ruck but not around the ground. He took 1 mark while his 2 ruck opponents took 20 marks between them. Karpany continues to struggle and doesn’t seem to have a clearly defined role – a 175cm key forward? All the time Bates and G Turner are playing in the 2s.

7 of our players had a total of 50 games between them.

Our worst effort for a while.
blackandred

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Random thoughts.

1. TACKLES. Stevens 0, Schiller 0, Keough 1. Teach the starting on ballers how to tackle.
2. Well done to the first gamer Johnson. Great first effort.
3. We have the best mark in the SANFL in our team but we don't kick it to him.
4. Defenders play very loose and get caught out often. This is a coaching problem that hasn't been addressed for weeks.
5. Fullback forward, full forward goes back. I don't know which way we are kicking half the time.
6. Bye has come at the right time. We look stuffed.
7. Parrella is doing great for a 20 year old player.  
8. Get stuffed umpires.
9. Bates and Rankine are the X factor and without them we look very vanilla.
10. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 am

2016 - 2 wins
2017 - 5 wins
2018 - 4 wins

We need to develop as many of the young players as possible over the next 7 games. Otherwise we will remain at the bottom.
Hopefully with a full salary cap we can get a couple of good players for next year.
No doubt a few Senior players will give it away at seasons end.
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 am

Watched the reserves yesterday and we had some good efforts from players that might have been forgotten.
1. Lachlan Peter played on ball and looked very comfortable.
2. Lyndon Hupfeld played as a key back and has improved alot as a hard defender.
3. Tom Pillion didn't have a great game but has all the skill of a league player.
4. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:40 pm

we where s***! we have the right group to respond and improve! keep the Faith

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 166
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:11 am

Was boys against men really. That said we have hope for the future and I still reckon we are on the right track. We have a lot of good youth coming through and once they build up their bodies we will be far more competitive. They ran out of steam by the last qtr which is to be expected as they have copped all the top sides of late. Week off will do them good.
I remember well the Weed years when we had next to nothing on the field (Caire and a couple of others the exception) and nothing coming through. This time we have plenty coming through with much more talent but young. As Jamo said...keep the faith.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:54 am

Good discussion. We certainly have some good youngsters coming through, but we're well aware that we need several quality recruits also. We have had a restricted salary cap which has made recruiting difficult, but we're working to change that situation for next year.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:08 pm

The way it looks to me, the amount by which our salary cap has been reduced must have been added to the salary cap allowance of another club.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 536

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum