Budget

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Budget

Post by Hotdip on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 am

I saw in last week's budget an article on our president which was a good article the one question I have hasn't his brother been there longer than 23 years
Hotdip

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Budget

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Yes, much longer. That didn't come from me.

Noel started before me, had some years off, but from start to finish, served 40 years, a sensational effort.

He was the reason I got involved and I owe him a lot.

I also asked for recognition in the article for Jason Thiele, John Dekruyf and Ditmar Laenger, but obviously space was a problem.

Rob Laidlaw did a great job with the article and is a real SANFL lover and a good bloke.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 pm

A bit extra club history for those interested.

Club longest serving staff member ---- the late hall of famer and life member "Stud" Harradine 52 years
NOTE Lee and Noels grandfather

Second longest serving staff member ---- the late hall of famer and life member Fred Winter 51 years
My father

Third longest serving staff member i believe is a
a tie between Life Member Malcolm Maccracken and Life Member Noel Harradine 40 years respective

I am pretty sure that Life Member Lee "Lethal" Harradine is over 30 years now and still going

Think i fit in after these club greats at 30 years

After me i believe is Life Member Jason Thiele who is over 20 years now but considerjng his young age i confidently predict he will pass noth Malcolm and Noel by the end of his carreer ---- it is not a fit of fancy to suggest if all goes well that stud and dads records are in reach for this young club legend

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella

Number of posts : 361
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Been at the club for 24 years. If wasn't for a meeting between my Dad and Oldfella I wouldn't know what I would been doing

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotdip on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

Do people who put in that amount of service get any recognition from the sanfl
Hotdip

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:42 am

Honestly mate some did and some did not recieve sanfl league recognition by being awarded the MERIT AWARD FOR SERVICES TO THE SANFL--- to best of my knowledge

Stud harradine did not but i dont think award was availble then and is not awarded retrospectively--- lee?

My dad fred winter did recieve this recognition

Malcolm maccracken nas received this award

IN MY OPINION A GREAT TRAVERsTY OF JUSTICE AND PLAIN DISRESPECT NOEL HARRADINE WHIST NOMINATED HAS NOT RECJEVED THIS AWARD --- I THINK THIS IS WRONG AND THE CLUB NEEDS TO GET ITS ACT TOGETHER AND PUT PRESSURE ON THE SANFL COMMISSION TO RECTIFY THIS OVERSIGHT!
If you agree please let the club know, lets get this great club man the appropriate recognition thank you

Lee harradine i dont think so yet but i think this is more lee as president pushing for others rath than hinself in his normal self sacrificing manner -- no doubt if he has not been award it is just a question of when

I have recieved this award

The wonderfull jason thiele has not yet but probably needs to get to 25 or 30 years but most definitely will get it

There are others within the west adelaide club that has recieved this award but i do not have a list of them.

FOOTNOTE while your question was about SANFL recognition all above mention services was recognised by the west adelajde football club by awarding life membership

Sorry so long hope this answerred your question

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Clubs are asked to nominate volunteers by the SANFL every year.

Often it takes two or three years between nomination and being awarded.

For the record, I personally nominated Noel a year or two ago through the club as a clearly deserving volunteer.

Also, I was given a Merit Award 2 years ago after (then) 27 years service.

I have asked for 2 more specifically deserving volunteers to be nominated this year.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Thanks for quick feedback mate as my poor old memory lets me down at times.

I reread my post and realise that while the aim of reward for noel was correct the wording was very poor and could lead others to think that it was the club/board creating the issue not the sanfl

For all i wish it to be clear that i know that the club has nominated noel as per lees correct statement and apologise for any percieved slur.

I do have great issues with the sanfl that has rewarded several with similar or less service to the game than noel for reasons not apparent but suspected in my parenoid brain --- i am firm on my request for the west adelaide club to continue to pursue this nomination and to raise club and members concerns

Thanks again lee

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:23 pm

What about and award for the dedicated supporters . I was 2 weeks old when I went to my first West Adelaide game and I am now 68. A lot of joy and heartbreak over those years but I still keep coming back.
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotdip on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 pm

So you are saying that one of the longest servicing Clubman hasn't got one
Bit rough isn't it
Is that why he is no longer around the club or has he just giving it away
Hotdip

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:46 pm

MR BLOODHOUND wrote:What about and award for the dedicated supporters . I was 2 weeks old when I went to my first West Adelaide game and I am now 68. A lot of joy and heartbreak over those years but I still keep coming back.

You have been rewarded from day one by being allowed to be a member of our great club mate  LOL

I also am 68 also and for as long as i can remember i have always felt appreciated and rewarded by the club over many years by the way players, coaches and club officials as individuals or group alway go out of thier way to recognise and thank supporters.

I took your comment seriously and can advise that following quick consultation all members over 60 years of age who have been a members for more than 35 year will in future recieve a 1 cent discount but amount will be subject to rounding up as per normal business practice (initial amount 10 dollars after discount 9.99 then rounded up to final amount 10 dollars 😁😁😁😁) --- hope this is ok lol

Putting my bullsh#t aside it would be nice if at no cost to club itself  members could purchase a westies badge that was engraved with "MEMBER FOR XX YEARS"  --- i would buy one would any one else

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Hotdip wrote:So you are saying that one of the longest servicing Clubman hasn't got one
Bit rough isn't it

Mate, after such great service, he's just given away working at Westies. The club has acknowledged his service and I had the honour of presenting him with a special award for that at our B & F night a year or so ago.

We've already nominated him for a Merit Award, it's up to the SANFL to give that.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Hotdip wrote:So you are saying that one of the longest servicing Clubman hasn't got one
Bit rough isn't it

Yes i agree that it is a bit rough but want to make it clear as did lee that it is not the clubs decision --- the club can only recommend/nominate to the SANFL and it is totally the SANFL,s decicion not 5he clubs

The club has nominated him as lee said and needs to keep the pressure on the Sanfl in support of noel which i presume they are doing.

You would have to ask noel for his reason himself via PM but i would like to share some of my observations about volunteer football staff gained over my 30 years.

1. All volunteers are are great for giving thier time with no reward however the truth is that most serve for less than 5 year normal 1 or 2 years for personal reasons ( one example ismany off the trainers are universary student who are achieve job experience towards thier degree by working as part of the trainers staff who after 2 years when achieving the base degree requirements moves on) there are other reasons for short time service obviously

2. Many leave between 5 to 10 years because quite bluntly the role is repetative and after time becomes bloody boring and with low self percieved rewards ----  when i raised this issue with the club several years ago they introduce 5 and 10 year  certificates of service awarded at he AGM and have had a level of success in staff retention.

3  between 10 and 15 years it is normal for people like me and others to point out that 15 years is life membership thus hanging the carrot in front of the donkey which has proved reasonably successfull in retaining volunteer staff.

4. However, while not having the actual number to back it my belief is that most who achieve life membership are gone within a season --- it is hard to identify why as everybody is different but i can say that the day after i was awarded life membership that my mind view was i have recieve the highest honour one can recieve from a football so what now -- it took me at least 3 years to regain my dedication.

Very few get to 20 years and even fewer go on past --- probably because those of us who do are basically insane 😀😀😀😀

Finally, in my case i had serious health issues that lead to my retiring from work, being incapable of being a volunteer and basically precludes me from easily leaving my house so i do not attend games --- i miss being a volunteer soso much but sadly its not to be

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum