Jason Porplyzia

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Jason Porplyzia

Post by blood bath on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:57 pm

JASON PORPLYZIA ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
Published on: Aug 13 2018 | Author: westadelaidefc |

Jason Porplyzia informed the playing group and coaches at training tonight that he will retire from SANFL football at the end of the season. Jason has played 9 league games this season after doing an ACL injury in 2017.

ďI went into this year thinking it would be my last. As the year went on it was basically confirmed. I had trouble getting out on the field, even training was a struggle. I havenít been about to play all season without injury, my body is just telling me itís time and it canít keep up with SANFL footy. I would love to keep playing, itís just not achievable. I have loved every moment playing for this club.Ē

Jason has played 127 games and kicked 91 goals for West Adelaide Football Club. He is a player life member, a premiership player and was selected in the Team of the Centuries. He is a player that is looked up to by all members of our club and his influence has been second to none.

Senior coach Gavin Colville spoke about Jason, ďJason is a true champion of the West Adelaide Football Club. Having gotten to know Jason over the past three years as a player, leader and club administrator, I am not at all surprised by his success. His composed and quiet demeanour masks a fierce competitive spirit and will to succeed. A career mixed with great highs and many setbacks, he has shown resilience beyond most and will leave the game knowing he has made the absolute most out of his talents. A star on Grand Final day in 2015 and justly rewarded with Team of Centuries status this year. I have nothing but the highest admiration for Jason as a player, leader and person and I am sure all our coaching and playing group feel the same.Ē

After playing 130 games for the Adelaide Football Club he made his return to his original club in 2015. He was an instrumental part of the clubs 32 year drought breaking premiership victory, and won the clubs best and fairest.

Jason will continue at the club in his role as Talent Manager. We congratulate Jason on a truly outstanding football career.
blood bath

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2017-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason Porplyzia

Post by Oldfella on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Seems like just yesterday as league property steward i stood in the race at training and spoke to a young man in his first season of league football about his electrical studies at TAFE -- i was so impressed with his modesty, the way he spoke and his open friendly manner.

Now we read that one part of his life is ended and he moves on to the next life challenges --- to this day he still is so modest, speaks beautifully in a open and friendly way

Good luck with your future carrer as a husband and father champ you typify everything i could ask from a west adelaide personb

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella

Number of posts : 354
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Congrats Porps. You are a Legend

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Jason, it has been a pleasure to watch you play for Westies.
An outstanding player & a real good bloke.
I hope you stay involved with the Club.
Best wishes for the future.
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Jason,
Congrats on a fantastic career. You were a major reason why we won the 2015 Premiership. Itís also very good news that you will continue to work at the West Adelaide Football Club.
Lachlan

Number of posts : 501

Back to top Go down

Thanks Porps

Post by bruce cameron on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Lachlan wrote:Jason,
Congrats on a fantastic career. You were a major reason why we won the 2015 Premiership. Itís also very good news that you will continue to work at the West Adelaide Football Club.
Spot on. All the best Jason and really happy that you will continue to serve the club in a non playing capacity.
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:44 am

I join everyone in their comments about Jason.

Apart from his stellar playing career and his loyalty to his club, he is a man of integrity and ability.

We look forward to Jason being part of the West Adelaide Football Club for many years to come.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 am

He was certainly a big game player. I thought he was our best in the 2015 Grand Final, and if memory serves he might have been best in the Under 17 Grand Final he played in too. Let's hope he can help bring us another one with his off-field work.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum