SALARY CAP IN 2019.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

SALARY CAP IN 2019.

Post by Second Team on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:38 am

Good to be back after my week off.
Still trying to get a straight answer to the salary cap issue.
Do we have a full cap to play with in 2019?
Are we on a level playing field with the big clubs?
After winning the grand final in 2015 we have died with all of these Cap restrictions.
Will supporters put up with this again next year? Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: SALARY CAP IN 2019.

Post by aldo russian on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 am

Second Team wrote:

From what I'm told a decision hasn't been made yet.
And yes, I'll put up with it again next year. What's the alternative? Don't support your team because the SANFL has restricted your salary cap?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 576

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:16 pm

President's Message on the official website

Season 2018 ended on a high note with a big win against Adelaide, giving us 8 wins for the season. Coach Gavin Colville and the players have shown we have plenty to look forward to in season 2019. However, we clearly need to boost our playing list and early recruiting moves are looking positive. We’re actively looking for the right players to boost the areas we need to strengthen. This is our current top priority and we will keep members and supporters up to date as signings are made.

Our financial position continues to improve, although the challenges that we have still remain. We will announce another profit this year, but there will be ongoing changes to our operations to achieve better trading across our facilities. We continue to pay down debt and the club will become the majority unit holder in the Wolfpack by the end of October. We should never forget the vital contribution to the club made by the Wolfpack investors.

We have had three recent resignations from the Board. Nick Heuzenroder, after a short term on the Board, advised his work commitments made it impossible for him to continue, but we are grateful for the time he was able to give us. Richard Sykes and Troy Abbott have also recently resigned. Their contributions to the club over many years have been significant and we thank them for their valuable service and look forward to their continued involvement with our club.

We continue to look for increased revenue streams and this will see some change in our bistro operation and other areas. We need to maximise use of our facilities through greater community involvement and through our support of women’s football and multicultural engagement.

We still face many challenges and need the support of our wonderful sponsors, coterie groups, members and supporters to meet those challenges, but we have reason to look forward to season 2019 with much optimism, based on a much sounder financial position, increased profitability, improved on-field performance and a clear vision for our future.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Second Team wrote:Good to be back after my week off.
Still trying to get a straight answer to the salary cap issue.
Are we on a level playing field with the big clubs?
After winning the grand final in 2015 we have died with all of these Cap restrictions.

More than happy to answer all those questions.

We had a restricted salary cap last year. This was due to our financial position from several years ago, where we were close to closing the doors. Since then, previous Boards and the current Board have turned our finances around.

Whereas we once owed massive amounts to creditors, statutory authorities and the bank, we now only owe normal trade creditors and the Wolfpack. Our holding in the Wolfpack will soon be about 60% and we are looking to be debt free within 5 years, improving by about $300,000 per year through the SANFL Land Divestment funds.

We have also turned around our trading losses. In 2015 and 2016, we lost about $200,000 each year, in round terms. Last year we made our first profit for about 10 years and we will be profitable again this year.

Last year we received 'equalisation funds' from the SANFL of a significant amount, conditionally on us having a restricted salary cap and other conditions. The Board accepted this situation, prudently in my opinion.

Our main priority as a Board is to free ourselves of the restricted cap and we are making representations to the SANFL relating to this. They will look at it fairly and we are hopeful of a favourable response.

All of this has been previously published or stated at various lunches, presentations or similar and I've previously invited any questions to me through this site or a Private Message where applicable. I have had no response.

As to your last question, it wouldn't matter what answer is given, a few posters won't put up with it next season.

Most posters and readers will continue to support their team, knowing we are doing everything we can to have a full salary cap as soon as possible.

I thank those people. We are all West Adelaide.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:05 am

1st Sept : "the task now is to make sure we recruit well, within the restrictions on us".

11th Sept : "Our main priority as a Board is to free ourselves of the restricted cap and we are making representations to the SANFL relating to this."

This two statements make no sense to me. Do we have salary cap restrictions in 2019 or have they not been decided yet? Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:56 am

The second quote is incomplete and amazingly the missing sentance answers your question to the best of the clubs and presidents ability at this time.

Our main priority as a Board is to free ourselves of the restricted cap and we are making representations to the SANFL relating to this. They will look at it fairly and we are hopeful of a favourable response.

To me clearly implies that club is waiting for SANFL decision on matter and clearly answers your question mate

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella

Number of posts : 365
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:00 pm

If you are waiting for a decision by the SANFL then why would you come out and say on the 1st Sept "the task now is to make sure we recruit well, within the restrictions on us".
Seems to me that despite all the talk of increased financial security we are going into the 2019 season with our hands tied behind our backs.
We won a premiership with no cap restrictions and finished the next 3 years bottom with one. Seems like a lot of blood sweat and tears are going to go into 2019 to finish 8th.
Surely the players, coach and supporters deserve better.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 am

Second Team wrote:If you are waiting for a decision by the SANFL then why would you come out and say on the 1st Sept "the task now is to make sure we recruit well, within the restrictions on us".

Because there are restrictions on us?
You seem to want to blame people (or even one individual) at our club for this situation, rather than the SANFL who, unfairly and illogically, impose it on us.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 am

aldo russian wrote:
Second Team wrote:If you are waiting for a decision by the SANFL then why would you come out and say on the 1st Sept "the task now is to make sure we recruit well, within the restrictions on us".

Because there are restrictions on us?
You seem to want to blame people (or even one individual) at our club for this situation, rather than the SANFL who, unfairly and illogically, impose it on us.

Its my understanding that we have to agree to the restriction in order to get a bigger dividend from the SANFL. We have got use to having this increased dividend and take it at the expense of having a full list.
Still waiting for the president to respond instead of his supporters that haven't really got a clue.
I'm betting that it is already a done deal. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 am

Well ST, I'm possibly one of the few Presidents to respond to forum queries.

Nothing is a done deal. You are totally wrong.

The supporters you denigrate are passionate West Adelaide supporters who are far more accurate than you, a constant critic no matter what answer is given, of your 'second' team.

I won't respond further.

We'll make an official announcement when the matter is decided.
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:56 am

Couple things i wish to say

I appreciate our clubs president for posting on this site and for the open manner he provides club information within obvious limits of business confidentiality and/or negotiations ongoing --- no other club let alone president does this on an ongoing basis.---- further when approached via PM with specific questions the president is very open in his responses

I agree with SC that supporters posting on here are obviously unaware of confidential negotiations nor business confidentiality matters because they are not present at those discussion ---- HOWEVER to the best of my knowledge, those that you derided actually follow up thier concerns by ring the club and speaking to the CEO (very open like the president), emailing the club and getting a response, ringing the club president or PM him --- perhaps you should try this.

The club has an unwritten policy that members are given any information and questions answered honestly subject of course to limitations caused by necessary business/negotiations confidentiality needs. In my opinion, this unwritten policy is not just actioned solely by the president but actively supported and actioned by all board members, the CEO and under his direction all senior staff members of the club.

And for the record, where i feel the club has an issue or in supporting another member i actually have be quite agressive in my dealing with club officials but this is done normally not in a public forum so that the club we all love??? Is not damaged. i and several other posters are far from yes men

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Well ST, I'm possibly one of the few Presidents to respond to forum queries.

Nothing is a done deal. You are totally wrong.

The supporters you denigrate are passionate West Adelaide supporters who are far more accurate than you, a constant critic no matter what answer is given, of your 'second' team.

I won't respond further.

We'll make an official announcement when the matter is decided.

You own the forum.
You invite people to ask questions.
I ask a question and you spit the dummy.
Classic.
This forum use to be a good one. Now its controlled and you are banned if you disagree with the person paying the bills. And then you ask for others to pay for it. Classic.
Gather I will be suspended for a month for this one.
Lets see how many YES men respond to this. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 pm

You asked a question and I answered it.

I don't 'own' the forum. I help keep it going. Any money paid in doesn't come to me at all.

Your fellow posters aren't YES men, they are Bloods' supporters. It's arrogant and patronising to suggest otherwise.

You have issues and this forum isn't for that.

The next 'holiday' will be permanent if it's just the usual personal attacks and abuse.

Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Second Team wrote:
Lets see how many YES men respond to this. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well here's one.
If the club decides to forego the substantial distribution from the SANFL and pay the full salary cap, and asks some supporters if they'll help make up the financial shortfall, then I will be a YES man.
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Random thoughts.

1. Restricted salary cap for 2019.
2. West finishes 8th and coach moves to the Eagles as head coach.
3. Aldo and Tommy still have no idea what is going on.
4. Major changes at the top.
5. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Second Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Random thoughts for rest 2018

1.   Second team no longer member of this site.
2.   Second team returns to his original SANFL club Glenelg.
3.   President make announcement reference finalisation of salary cap negotiations
----  as promised and all are happy with his  presentation of facts.
4.   ALDO and OLDFELLA proved to actually know whats happenning

😁😁😁😁

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:02 am

lets wait 4 the fireworks and complete truths 2 come out.
all i will say i love westies no matter what

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 172
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:29 pm

As supporters, we are all frustrated.
We won a flag which was great, but since then we have won 15 games in three years.
The only way to move up the ladder is recruiting.
North finished bottom in 2017 but have added some really good players and are a win of playing in a GF.
I really hope our club can add two or three players, otherwise we are going no where....

Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum