Snelling delisted

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Snelling delisted

Post by Thiele on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Will Snelling has been delisted from the Power. Start saying your prays that he comes home

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Snelling delisted

Post by blacky on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Club should be onto you would think
But then again it is westies

blacky

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 pm

With all due respect I am sure Will won't be signing with anyone today. Can we take a moment and let him be for a brief period. He will be pretty disappointed about PAFC's decision on him. In time I'm sure he will look at his playing options with Westies in his considerations.
The Axis

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:02 pm

And u don’t think the club is all over this??

Been in discussions for weeks.

Thanx for the sarcasm Blacky.
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:25 pm

I thought thanks was spelt with a k not an x

blacky

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:06 am

Come on boys, we're all Westies Smile

The club is well aware of Will's situation and there is still a draft and rookie draft to come.

We're working hard on recruiting and we all know we need to improve our list.

Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Team on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 am

How is the salary cap looking ? Have we got a full cap like the rest of the clubs yet ? Shocked Shocked Shocked

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick it forward. It's the new game plan.
Second Team

Number of posts : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I think if he is not picked up by someone else in the draft(s) he will come home to Westies.
The reason for this is I remember when he first got drafted to the Power he was standing in the outer near me one day and someone asked him how will he feel playing against us? His reply was he would have to pull a hammy in training the week before the game so he didn't have to. While his answer was no doubt a joke he did appear to be genuinely troubled by the prospect. I came away that day feeling that while his career was AFL at the Power his heart was at Westies. I believe he would still feel that way and like Porps,Beechy and Keogh before him, he will return if his AFL career is over. I agree with Axis. Give the kid a break, he must be devastated.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:11 am

Bottom of an Advertiser article with Dom Barry mentions Snelling:

"Snelling, meanwhile, said he would put his name forward for the AFL draft after being delisted without playing a game for the Power.

“It wasn’t a surprise to be delisted,” the 21-year-old, who won the A.R. McLean Medal as Port Adelaide’s best and fairest in the SANFL for 2018, told FIVEaa on Tuesday.

“Port Adelaide has a strong list and it was tough to break into the side.

“I’m hoping another AFL club might give me a go as I’m still young. I’d take a rookie spot if it was offered.”

The smooth-moving small midfielder, who was part of West Adelaide’s 2015 premiership side, said he had already spoken to the Bloods about returning to Richmond if he was overlooked by another AFL club.
blood bath

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 am

Well there you go. I read that as I expected. Being his career comes first as it should, but if he doesn't get picked up he comes home.
In his favour of being picked up is his age and winning the Power reserves best and fairest this year.
Going against him IMHO is he is small and so limited opportunities at AFL level, and the fact they say this years draft is one of the best if not THE best there has ever been,so lots of competition for a place.
If he misses out not all is lost for him anyway. He can play for Westies and show the AFL clubs what they missed out on. At 22 (by then) he is still young enough to be picked up again. Many older players have achieved just that and had good AFL careers.
TAAARS

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:50 am

From http://westadelaidefc.com.au/2018/11/07/colvilles-corner-pre-season-update/

"Will Snelling, will also join preseason training. Whilst Will’s AFL dream remains a priority, he will re-join the West Adelaide family for 2019 should he be unsuccessful in the upcoming draft"
blood bath

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-04-04

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum